Pure Blue Japan

midnight

I'm planning on ordering a pair of the 005s. I currently wear a 28 in Nudies Grim Tim cut and I'm just looking to buy some better jeans. Should I get a 28 in the PBJs? BiG's method for measuring confused me.

Wasn't sure if I should ask here or the small questions thread, but I figure I'd get a better reply here.

I'm planning on ordering a pair of the 005s. I currently wear a 28 in Nudies Grim Tim cut and I'm just looking to buy some better jeans. Should I get a 28 in the PBJs? BiG's method for measuring confused me.

Wasn't sure if I should ask here or the small questions thread, but I figure I'd get a better reply here.

whats so confusing about their measurements?

Theres a link to their Measurement Guide on the left frame of their pages showing you how to they do their measurements WITH pictures if u cant read...

Just measure the waist on a current pair of jeans that fits well, subtract one from that number, and buy that tagged size. And yeah wesley pipes, hop on this shit. 35.5 inch inseams post soak now.

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=45&category_id=&manufacturer_id=9&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

ive seen emily's jeans in person and they are nicely worn...she's gotta be the only girl in town with pbj's. +rep for that alone.i like how even their(pbj's) non-selvage denim fades well. my babymomma wears fucking roca-wear and babyphat and shit. aint that a bitch!!!

Alright, I got the okay on these.

But, change of plans. I'm going to finish off my 511's over the summer, then get these in late summer or fall, so I can break them in in the colder months.

Anyway, I'm going to need to make some more money, because I just spent some of it on some new headphones.

ok i just got my PBJ XX-005's back from Hollywood Trading Company / Denim Doctors. They did a thigh-down taper and i'm very happy with the results. sorry for the horrible pictures...

pbjhem001.jpg

pbjhem002.jpg

pbjhem005.jpg

pbjhem004.jpg

i adjusted the contrast on this last one trying to show how clean the stitching is. very nice work...

braidkid - i asked them to take it in all the way from the crotch seam because i wanted a smooth taper. so basically i just told them the exact measurements i wanted and they took care of it. this is exactly what i asked for and exactly what i got. they are a size 34.

Upper Thigh (1” down from crotch seam) – 12”

Mid Thigh (7” down from crotch) – 10”

Knee (13” down from crotch) – 8.5”

Mid Calf (24” down from crotch) – 8.25”

Leg Opening – 8”

it did take a little while though. a little more than 2 weeks i guess.

edit-i am going to have to put up some better pictures. those are just horrible..

I don't have any personal experience with them, but i've heard they fade very similarly to their indigo counterpart. It'll take longer for them to develop high contrast & more fading in general, but they will fade. I'm sure if you gave BiG a quick call they would be able to throw in their opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

my 008 with 6 months of hard wear with a couple soaks and one wash. i wear them at my job which i spend walking at a brisk pace. i only sit on the ride to work. they have faded quite well on the lap,crotch and the wallet area but the honeycombs have barely faded and they seem to wearing quite thin in the crotch area. should i reinforce before they form holes?like he said above the construction isnt as good as i would expect. i had threads unravel with very light wear around the pocket and i wouldnt expect the crotch to wear thin this fast with only walking. i dont think they are really evo thread ready yet since honeycombs dont even deserve a close up.

1021312bc6.jpg

1021313wh1.jpg

1021314fh0.jpg

in danger of forming a hole?

1021315vv6.jpg

thorough, I'm curious to see how those turn out. I'm also a bit concerned about my own pair's crotch (005's). Seems pbj's tend to wear out in all the usual problem areas pretty quickly.

conifurious, great fit! How come the post-soak pics make em look darker? Different lighting, still damp?

Grouse, the first set was taken at a different time of day entirely. Consequently, natural light was in short supply when got around to the post-soak set. I really wasn't in the mood to tinker in PS to perfect the highs and lows.

Thanks though. This is by far the most perfect pair of jeans I have ever owned. The color is wonderful, the fit is a welcome departure from my usual bootcuts and the feel of the slubby denim....pure sex.

They are tagged sz. 30, and measured about 31.5" in the waist and 36.5" length out of the packaging. My usual size (in Nudie, etc) was always 30, so I just followed the recommendations of the guys in BiG. They soaked for approximately an hour, leaving them at 30" in the waist (perfectly snug) and 33.5" more or less in the length.

I got the xx-005s about 4 weeks ago here in Ueno[Tokyo]. I've been here for roughly a month and I'm staying for 2 more weeks, I think the humidity really helps the fades because I'm starting to see some whiskers already. Anyway for whatever reason superfuture will not let me post any photos even if I resize them and make them really small bit wise. So I'll upload somewhere else and link back here.

Also just to add the the stretching bits people keep talking about, I got my xx-005s one wash so it shouldn't really stretch, but the waist has stretched out quite a bit, so I wear a belt. But the other parts of the jeans didn't stretch out really.