Pure Blue Japan

midnight

if the warp and weft threads are indigo on the 007, why is the edge of the denim white :confused:

edit: just got my answer thankkkkkkkkkksssssssssss

Well, I just sent my PBJ XX-005's to Denim Doctors / Hollywood Trading Company for a thigh-down taper. I sized up on them and really shouldn't have. I have never had an alteration done without being there for a fitting so I'm pretty curious to see how it turns out. I'll be sure to post up the results...

Well...

My dad and I were having a discussion on hi fi speakers, and he brings up $225 jeans.

Saying, it's the same stuff, but for much more.

He says the denim is exactly the same as $40 jeans. wat

He just says that the price is for the buttons, stitching, and the look of it.

What should I tell him that the price is for? What should I tell him in defense of that "same denim" thing he said?

This is a war I will not lose!

Tell him the denim isn't the same, and regardless of what exactly is different you aren't going to find anything like it cheaper. You have to pay to get what you want. Obviously if there were a cheaper alternative you'd take it, but there isn't so tough shit you have to spend $200+

Well - it IS overall good quality.

I dont think he will buy it, but i always tell my friends that dont understand this whole denim thing "why buy something, especially something that lasts as long as teh jinz do, that doesnt have character??" when i got my first pair of sams i was like, wow, these have CHARACTER. haha

i dont think your dad will care about that argument though.

Well...

My dad and I were having a discussion on hi fi speakers, and he brings up $225 jeans.

Saying, it's the same stuff, but for much more.

He says the denim is exactly the same as $40 jeans. wat

He just says that the price is for the buttons, stitching, and the look of it.

What should I tell him that the price is for? What should I tell him in defense of that "same denim" thing he said?

This is a war I will not lose!

Here's an idea. Why don't you get a job and buy the fucking jeans yourself?

If my kid wanted $200 for jeans they wanted to beat the fuck out of in 6 months and post photos of on a message board i'd be inclined to say 'no' too.

jeans they wanted to beat the fuck out of in 6 months

im at 6 months of beating the fuck out of my jeans. but i plan on beating the fuck out of them for another 6 months at least. if they last longer, i'll keep beating the fuck out of them

I wish I could, Opie, I wish I could...

Well, I've got new hope. All I need to do is impress him, really. He even said it.

So, I've got some questions for any of you PBJ experts? Are these hand made? And where are they made?

Why dont you show him SUFU and the hundreds of threads and thousands of posts just about denim ranging from different fits, different washes, this and that all posted by thousands of people all around the world.

I think that's pretty impressive

Fornicatard's method could solve things. If your dad won't let you spend your own money on the jeans, just try to get them using any means necessary. As long as he wouldn't beat you if you took his credit card and then repaid him later i can't see why to just do that. You all gotta move to new york. My parents still think i'm crazy for how many pairs of jeans I have and shit, but whatever. They don't prevent me at all, just don't agree. Try to explain to your dad that it's your own money and you should be able to spend it how you want, not how he wants, and that you don't care if he doesn't agree with your spending habits. Also say how happy it would make you and how much you want these jeans and how he should be happy if you're happy ect. It sounds gay but usually works.

Honestly though...if you're buying $250 jeans at 15, you're spoiling yourself. And at 15...I don't think it'd be wise to try and use the "it's my money and life, I'll do what I want with it" argument...I don't think that's going to solve anything. Your father will probably just see that as part of the teenage rebellion phase.

Okay... this is starting to head downhill again. This time I'll quote him.

"I'm impressed they're made in japan...kinda like a fine samurai sword, eh? ;)

As I mentioned, designer jeans are nothing new and have been around since I was a teenager.

Some links for you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Designer_jeans

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Status_symbol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspicuous_consumption

http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/Savinganddebt/Savemoney/P107710.asp

you too can look like lindsay lohan...http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20051005/news_1b5denim.html"

I need to get the message out to him that these are completely different. Also, aren't designer jeans supposed to be comfortable?

"would kurt cobain have worn $200 jeans?"

Is that really a good example to take after? ._.

BiG is pretty much dead on when it comes to measurements.. You could also just get the onewash version?

Oh, im not getting it from them, just using them as a basis for measurement. I hate not being able to try things out so im just making sure. With the rise of jeans, where do they usually sit? (Im basing my waist measurement on what it is 2 inches below my navel.)

Oh, im not getting it from them, just using them as a basis for measurement. I hate not being able to try things out so im just making sure. With the rise of jeans, where do they usually sit? (Im basing my waist measurement on what it is 2 inches below my navel.)

Mine sat 2 inches below my navel when I first got them. To keep them from crushing my balls, they're now like 3 - 3.5 inches down.