Red Cloud & Co. jeans

Hsin

NEW ARRIVAL of the RED CLOUD R490 Canvas Shoes

Inspired by 50s to 60s Fly-Fishing shoes, the Red Cloud R490 shoes is made of canvas fabric from Okayama, Japan. It is a double-layer body, but unpasted for airy and breathable wearing.

PA152303.jpg

Original Fly-Fishing shoes (showcased in Shanghai)

The rubber are vulcanized and toe-cap featured a double-layered rubber as per the original fly-fishing shoes to provide protection for the toes against underwater pebbles. Another great feature about this shoe, is the slightly added padding in-sole at the arch area, to provide arch-ease comfort. A small elevation of the 0.5cm heel brings out a whole new look of the shoes.

The shoes is packed in Red Cloud shoebox, with extra shoe lace and heels for replacement.

RED CLOUD R490H-B 

P3153190-850x1200.jpg

RED CLOUD R490H-G

P3153188-850x1200.jpg

RED CLOUD R490R-B

P3153192-850x1200.jpg

RED CLOUD R490R-G

P3153191-850x1200.jpg

RED CLOUD R490R-W

P3153193-850x1200.jpg

RED CLOUD R490R-BK

P3153219-850x1200.jpg

12 days into my rc436xx, love the texture and fluffiness.

the denim started to softer a bit now, and Ataris and backpocket fades are already forming, excited to see how this will evolve. the standard Turpan denim is really nice, I've had the cotton/hemp denim before but I definitely prefer this new fabric.

gj2Uwkf.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry for all the pics! Retiring my R423xx since I haven't really worn them in a long time and switched to a different pair for fieldwork (plus i'm too fat for them now :( ). Somewhere between 6-8 months and 3-5 washes, not really sure.

Before:

67nud3.jpg

2n9km8n.jpg

After:

2n6dk3m.jpg

29px7w0.jpg

18g468.jpg

kbepsn.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

lMXHDtO.jpg

rc436 xx cinchback jeans at about 40 days of wear.

I am honestly quite surprised by how fast these jeans fade. Hints of electric blue are popping out everywhere, big knee fades, pocket fades etc etc...

Can't make my mind whether to persist another month or just throw them in the wash now and enjoy for a while the scent and feel of fresh jeans... suggestions?

might as well resist till the end of june actually, and then will go commando dadstyle afterwards with frequent washes, unless the eau-de-volvo perfume will start to be unbearable before the end of next month haha! it's fine for now.

I like these jeans very much, I already had one of the sought after hemp+cotton jeans RC made yrs ago but truth be told the standard fabric they use nowadays it's much more interesting to me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Red Cloud has made some exclusive international models for this 2nd quarter of 2016.

Release under the sub-brand, DAAIFAU.

The official story as quoted from Red Cloud Chinese platform as follows,

Two century ago, in the year 1848, batches of Chinese set sail to San Francisco due to the worldwide influence of California Gold Rush, in a vessel named "American Eagle". Apart from the gold rush, Chinese immigrants, mainly from the Canton province, were being used to build the First Transcontinental Railroad that connected the Pacific Coast at San Francisco Bay. It was a tremendous contribution to begin Chinese settlement in American soil.

In 1874, a Chinese by the name of CHEANG QUAN WO patented an original design for DENIM OVERALLS. He was the only Chinese immigrant that had participated in origin of OVERALLS recorded in the books. CHEANG's involvement in OVERALLS era has now become a respected legacy that inspired Chinese DENIM OVERALLS culture.

The word, "DaaiFau" is a direct translation from Cantonese dialect which means harbour. During that period, most Chinese did not speak English and to refer to San Francisco harbour, they called it "DaaiFau". Base on historical records, we name this OVERALLS as "DaaiFau" and design it with his inspiration in the year 1874. 

On Tuckshop & Sundry Supplies website, you will see different types of fitting from Straight, Slim-straight to Slim-tapered.

They are exclusively only for international markets, not available in China.

All 14.5oz Turpan Cotton in raw fabric.

All models come with modified Wukong arcuate in narrower spacing.

DF103 Straight Cut

P7143611-850x1200.jpg

DF104 Slim Straight Cut

P7143613-850x1200.jpg

DF105 Slim Tapered Cut

P7143618-850x1200.jpg

To add on, we have recently received some pure white jeans produced by Red Cloud under DAAIFAU sub-brand too.

2 types of fitting, Regular and Slim.

White on white weave

Sanforized green line selvedge fabric

Wukong arcuate blended/hidden on back pockets

DF103LW White Regular Cut

P7143676-850x1200.jpg

DF105LW White Slim Cut

P7143680-850x1200.jpg