Red Cloud & Co. jeans

Hsin

so I soaked the R436xx for one hour in hot water from the tap + one kettle of almost boiling water, then straight into a 40 degrees Celsius. haven't taken measurements and they're drying now but it seems that they shrank a ton!

Red Cloud R436xx chinchback post soak pics

ItmHJro.jpg

8gntCJL.jpg

9TMdFS0.jpg

4NE2uUh.jpg

very happy, they indeed shrank a ton, the length is perfect too. I have inseam enough for a single cuff when I want a normal length and with a double cuff/folded cuff I have the right length for a mid/high water style as on the pics!

Sorry for bad quality pics, I'll do a better review when time permits. the denim is really lovely, crunchy, hairy but not ridicolously hairy, full of personality. I reckon that after a month of two of wear, when the denim will drape nicely these will be a perfect loose fit. the denim is 14.5 oz but due to the loose weave and the wide fit it will work out perfect as all year rounder jean.

Edited by volvo240thebest

I am not sure but I think these are 14.5 oz post soak, they really can't be any heavier than this. they feel nice and light weight. the UES I have are labelled 15 oz and they feel way more heavy. same for the porky's, which are 14 oz and still feel substantially heavier of these RC.

a couple detail pics

waistband label and waistband construction with a single chainstitch

ISKMLLU.jpg

hidden right backpocket tag

MpI08c6.jpg

older rc pairs had a union made label instead of this

chinchback

DDpcirI.jpg

chinchback hardware

pkJijrT.jpg

button

oxGnqJv.jpg

texture

RFvMl45.jpg

neat chainstitch hem by RC HK

VMXmHnD.jpg

selvedge

MJOTOPF.jpg

peekaboo

YRRcuKb.jpg

so after wash and soak the jeans felt a bit tight but then loosened up a lot?  did the 436 come with this green tab on the back pockets?  isn't the 423 and the 436 pretty much the same but the latter has a cinch back?  

thanks.

hi heavydoom, there has been very little stretch so far but I've only worn the jeans one day, yesterday. the jeans just shrank a lot, you can see my pre and post soak fit pic above for reference. I didn't care to take measurements (my bad!) this time as I think the model is discontinued so didn't think they could turn out to be useful to others. I really hope the jeans won't stretch much as I love the fit as is. the old rc came out with a levi style red tab. only the RC cotton/hemp line (which is discontinued) had the green tab. the RC 423 and 436 are quite different in the top block. the 436 has a hig rise. the 436 has a mid rise.

I assume it's the same 14.5 oz Xinjang cotton as on my R436xx but I can't confirm it 100%, you should ask to James @tuckshop he should know.

if it's the same fabric it's a perfect weight for an all year round pair of jeans. not too dense weave, should breath nicely in all temperatures due to a relatively loose weave. the denim itself it's very nice, feels a little rough to start with so in a slim cut might be a bit itching in the break in period.

Edited by volvo240thebest

I'll ask him to make sure, but thanks! Sounds good (if it is the same), I just think I'll need another pair besides my Flatheads that I can wear in summer - the Samurai x Denimio 710s I got recently are awesome, but the weave is so dense I already got a sweaty ass last week just by moving a couple computers around in the office, doesn't bode too well for summer :D

They're available on Taobao if you feel like going that route. I was tempted to grab the low tops since I'd love a pair of Red Cloud shoes but man, the toe cap is so ugly. Maybe it'll grow on me.

https://style0736.world.taobao.com/search.htm?spm=a312a.7700824.w4024-972953366.1.jOetBN&q=490&s_from=newHeader&ssid=s5-e&search_type=item&sourceId=tb.item&scene=taobao_shop

Sorry for late replies...

Small company, one person is doing everything, LOL. We do respond faster on email though as we can be mobile and replying.

Anyway, yes, R424 is using the same fabric as Volvo's R436. 14.5oz Xinjiang cotton.

In fact, Red Cloud's fabric is as such - 

R423 Comfort fit, R424 Slim-straight, R425 Slim-tapered and R436 Vintage regular fit uses 14.5oz selvedge fabric, cotton from Turpan (Xinjiang)

R400 Slim-straight is the only one that is 17oz selvedge fabric, cotton also from Turpan (Xinjiang). However, the weave is different.

Here is an example of the fade f 14.5oz fabric

12265589_1677872642457114_36600320881406

On the canvas shoes, yes, Tuckshop & Sundry Supplies will be carrying. 

A little update here is that, because the completion of the shoes happened during the major holiday in China (Lunar New Year) and as such, shops and services were closed for 10 days or more.... (I know....).

The Chinese stockists has received the shoes because they are easier to deliver. 

Overseas stockists will be receiving soon, during March. Red Cloud has been preparing shipment and packaging.

Here are some pictures taken from Red Cloud's facebook page,

12687816_1002543219820481_57380648387633

The shoes comes with 2 pairs of laces (black and white), comes with extra heel for replacement and in a box.

943834_912804222122644_20235123635256428

You know, for Tuckshop & Sundry Supplies website, we normally send out newsletter to our members first before we release to the public.

So, if you want your size for Red Cloud shoes (or other brands that we carry), please subscribe to us.

p.s Dont worry, we do not have the time to spam your emails.... we only send our useful information.

I have the very first polka dot wabash shirt made by red cloud and I totally love it. great shirt and I dig immensely the loose fit, which has room aplenty for my huge biceps haha! I've heard the the newer ones are slimmer though, and most people would prefer that. red cloud shirts are great quality and value. I think tuckshop sells them for 100 usd iirc.

@givemefive, They fit true to size.

@greathoudini, There are 2 models, Red Cloud W21-1 and Red Cloud W21-5.

W21-1: Wabash polka dot

2 versions, old and new. Volvo mentioned about the old version which is looser fit. I think its pretty much not available anywhere now.

New version is available in Tuckshop, you can take a look at the measurement chart, slimmer fit and using lighter in colour fabric.

W21-5: Wabash stripes

The fit is looser, Red Cloud's own wabash fabric. Workwear style front pockets. Will fade and rinse.

@volvo, Thank you very much!