Red Cloud & Co. jeans

Hsin

Unrelated but I'm moving there next semester as well :D .

Looking forward to seeing more pictures of the jeans, definitely interesting.

Which University ur attending?

@gregornz

Those denim sure look tasty....

what are those chainstitch? is that double CS?

Whoops sorry....fit pic already there...just missed it

There is a fit pic, my hangzhou brethren. See a couple of pages back :)

Ah, i'm not from Hangzhou, but i've just been there recently for a short trip and judging from Gregornz's fit pics, thought it was familiar, kinda like the stretch of pathways near the west lake. Awesome place and good food too.

Props to ranon for helping me order a pair of R400!

I just did a second long hot soak and here are the measurements (first number is the original size according to the website, second is the current size):

Waist (88) 85

Inseam (94) 86

Thigh: (58) 56

Hem (21) 21

Rise [front] (29) 29

These aren't scientifically precise, but their near as damnit.

@gregornz

Zhejiang, which one are you at?

Fit looks good gregornz :) .

Zhejiang, which one are you at?

Fit looks good gregornz :) .

Nice , Im at lousy Zhejiang Uni of science and tech at xiaoheshan;)

Considering to move there if the uni approve it

@gregornz

Waist shrink about an inch e...

@gregornz

Yeah, the chainstiching is something intense... Testiment to the detail the guy puts in I guess...

Is anybody surprised about the shrinkage on these jeans? According to my measurements they shrunk 1.5 inches in the waist... That's not much! I wish I had done a pre-soak measure now. I think I read somewhere that the tagged size is the post-shrink size? Don't quote me on that, I don't want to throw the cat at the pigeons, but according to my measures, there is really very little shrinkage going on here.

Actually, I've never been scared of shrinkage - my experience has always been that, when worn wet, stretching is more significant than shrinking... thoughts?

Kit99bar, I measured the knee at 46cm :)

Can anyone explain to me why, when I measure my waist, it's 91cm, and the jeans are 85, but I have about an inch of room in them... how does that work?

For you guys at Chinese uni's... how is it? I've taught at Chinese uni's and I must say, compared to western ones, they are a fucking joke. But it's all tied to the awful Chinese education system, and I guess it's different if you're studying Chinese as a laowai.

每天好好学习,天天快乐!

i dont usually achieve max shrinkage in the waist for my jeans. i always get around 1–1.5 inches of shrinkage in the waist so that hardly surprises me with these measurements. i also read on taobao that they are supposed to shrink to tagged size. there could be a further possibility that these will shrink even more on a 2nd or 3rd wash, very much like samurais or levi's. they tend to go down even more at the waist only when being spun dry. that is still not a given though, so its hard to say at this moment.

with regards to the difference in almost 6cm, there could be 2 possibilities:

1) the jeans have not achieved maximum shrinkage

2) the way the jeans are measured by him are different from the way you measure them

i am going to attribute it more towards them being measured using a different method though. that should probably explain such a huge difference between the sizes. they could also have expanded a little bit after being worn wet, so who knows! its hard to tell though since different sellers use different methods of measuring.

they still look great though! i cant want to pick up a pair of these as my spare pair of jeans just so i can wear them while my eternal 811s are being left to wash or something like that. stokeddd.

Is anybody surprised about the shrinkage on these jeans? According to my measurements they shrunk 1.5 inches in the waist... That's not much! I wish I had done a pre-soak measure now. I think I read somewhere that the tagged size is the post-shrink size? Don't quote me on that, I don't want to throw the cat at the pigeons, but according to my measures, there is really very little shrinkage going on here.

Actually, I've never been scared of shrinkage - my experience has always been that, when worn wet, stretching is more significant than shrinking... thoughts?

Kit99bar, I measured the knee at 46cm :)

Can anyone explain to me why, when I measure my waist, it's 91cm, and the jeans are 85, but I have about an inch of room in them... how does that work?

For you guys at Chinese uni's... how is it? I've taught at Chinese uni's and I must say, compared to western ones, they are a fucking joke. But it's all tied to the awful Chinese education system, and I guess it's different if you're studying Chinese as a laowai.

每天好好学习,天天快乐!

with this, i will begin a system to order these items. as of now, the charges still cannot be ascertained but here is how it will work. i will be filling up a list with regards to the items that i have currently been told that people are keen upon. please add on what you are interested in ordering. there will be no payment made until i confirm closure and prepare to go ahead to order.

i have however a rough estimate of how much the items will cost. i will be taking all payments in Singapore Dollars (SGD) as it will facilitate refunds as well as me purchasing them. exchange rate is 1yuan=$0.21SGD. as i have mentioned earlier on, the total price will be broken into 2 payments.

1) Price of item + Shipping within China(approx 20yuan) + Shipping to Singapore

2) Shipping from Singapore to wherever you are residing

from my experience, shipping a pair of jeans from Singapore to the US costs approx $40SGD with normal registered shipping (includes tracking number). a shirt will usually cost between $8SGD–$12SGD with normal registered shipping. the price you pay will eventually come up to less than the price you see on AB fit. however, since gregornz is also volunteering to do a proxy, if you feel that he is able to offer a better price, you are under no obligations to purchase from me. i wont be making any money out of this, just want to lump our orders together to save on shipping. i will eventually asked for payment to me to be done via paypal or POSB funds transfer if you are in Singapore. however payment details can be settled later to avoid any confusion. the group order will probably close either on the 7th of August or the 14th of August. i dont want to stretch it too far in as i will be doing some traveling in September and want everybody to get their items in on time.

so here is the current list, please add on whatever items you are looking for. also do indicate your country of residence so i can get a gauge of the price it will cost to ship your items to your country.

1) marvindog (UK)

Short Sleeve Workshirt SO-11(BLUE) - Medium

Short Sleeve Workshirt SO-10 (STRIPES) - Large

Total Cost of Items: 798yuan

2) Seanieboy (SG)

R400 - Sz 30

Total Cost of Items: 758yuan

3) ranonranonarat (SG)

423XX - Sz

Total Cost of Items: 699yuan

Good work ranonranonrat!

I think the savings I could give would be negated by your bulk discount, plus it is a pain in the ass for me in terms of money because Chinese banks are an unbelievable nightmare of incompetence and idiocy, so it's great that your willing.

Having said that, if anyone is reading this a few months from now or whatever, Id be happy to help.

P.S - a couple more pics if anyone is interested. The invisible man has been wearing my jeans!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65760477@N03/5992942494/in/photostream

i will be making the purchase of the items concurrently as the group order goes along because after speaking with the seller, i was told that we will not be able to receive a discount since prices are already kept so low. also, it makes no difference whether the items ship together or as a whole. i will continue to update this thread with the orders that people have put in and received so they can keep track of it and also we will know who owns a pair of these. cheers.

for anybody interested on the different cut of the jeans, please refer to these 2 posts that i did up a couple of days back.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=2788774&postcount=64

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=2788878&postcount=65

1) marvindog (UK) - PAID and ORDERED

2) Seanieboy (SG) - PAID and ORDERED

R400 - Sz 30

3) ranonranonarat (SG) - PAID

423XX - Sz 30

Short Sleeve Workshirt SO-10 - Medium

Total Cost of Items: 1098yuan

4) akiyama71 (SG) - PAID and ORDERED

R403S - Sz 31

Short Sleeve Workshirt SO-11(BLUE) - Small

Short Sleeve Workshirt SO-10 - Large

Total Cost of Items: 1697yuan

5) shinobi2000 (NY)

R403S - Sz 31

Total Cost of Items: 899yuan

Only one size 31 403s is listed as available on the shop... I hope you can get 2!

Bummer, but don't lose all hope. One week ago there were zero size 31's. Maybe if you wait another week there will be 3?? ;)

Yeah, nice fit... an inch too big in the waist, but what can you do?

This reasonably low rise takes some getting use to... and the 19oz is pretty hard work in the middle of summer! The sacrifices we make for raw denim!!! :)

Has anyone had much experience with heavier weights? Do they fade faster/slower/same? My experience thus far [2 days] is that they are going to set creases much stronger than lighter denim... thoughts?

ranonranonarat, what is your take on the difference between the R400 and the S400? It looks like I'll be ordering the S400 in a few days...

Off topic: would anyone mind going to the ande whall website and then helping me out here: http://www.styleforum.net/forum/thread/25242/ande-whall-denim/840#post_4704805

Thanks!

sounds good. i havent had much experience with 19oz denim but from what i heard the creases set in really quick due to the stiffness of the denim and the tightness of the weave. they seem to fade pretty fast from what i have seen around this board as well, so i think yours are doing what they should do.

with regards to the S400 and R400, they dont look that much different to me except for the difference in the backpocket arcs (none on R400 and present on S400). the cut seems to be exactly the same from the measurement charts. the other noticeable difference is that the S400 has got some nice lovely olive green pocketbags which look interesting to me. aside to that, the denim seems to be the same. the S400 hardware on the button fly seems to be nicer though. i like the aged, oxidised laurels as compared to those on the R400.

will PM you the measurement chart and fit guide mate.

Yeah, thats the only difference I can discern too, the measurements are exactly the same, I'm not sure that this makes the cut the same or not?

So the S400 has nicer details [i think]. I usually don't like back pocket accurates, but for the compromise I think I can work with them, and they seem to be a nice light screen print.

Much, much thanks for sending me those charts. Ande Whall jeans look amazing! Rep when I can!! :)

Yeah, I'm thinking about a denim jacket too. They do look pretty good... I like the WW2 model better.

Are denim jackets cool? :P How do they look when they fade up? Where do they fade most? Elbows?

damn, looks like someone will have to be disappointed. looks like whoever pays first gets it first since the longer i wait the higher the probability that 2 people will miss out on the pair completely.

Damn PayPal!! What kind of medieval times do we still live in where we can't wire money instantly? I transferred money onto my PayPal account at 1am early Monday morning. Now 5 hours later the status is still"Processing"!! Needless to say the other guy beat me to it. grrrr

i will be making the purchase of the items concurrently as the group order goes along because after speaking with the seller, i was told that we will not be able to receive a discount since prices are already kept so low. also, it makes no difference whether the items ship together or as a whole. i will continue to update this thread with the orders that people have put in and received so they can keep track of it and also we will know who owns a pair of these. cheers.

for anybody interested on the different cut of the jeans, please refer to these 2 posts that i did up a couple of days back.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=2788774&postcount=64

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=2788878&postcount=65

1) marvindog (UK) - PAID and ORDERED

2) Seanieboy (SG) - PAID and ORDERED

R400 - Sz 30

3) akiyama71 (SG) - PAID and ORDERED

R403S - Sz 31

Short Sleeve Workshirt SO-11(BLUE) - Small