Red Cloud & Co. jeans

Hsin

I live in Beijing, there are a couple of other mainland raw brands here, usually going for about 600 - 1000 RMB.

This one looks nice though, and always good to support a jeansmith. Does he have a website or something? Where can I get more info?

To answer my own question: here is his shop, on the Chinese equivalent of ebay, although it's hard to order from unless you've got a Chinese national ID to sign up with.

I live in Shenzhen, and I have also heard of this brand. You guys could learn more about it from 33oz. Many people think highly of it. If possible, I would like to upload some fading pictures from 33oz. :)

By the way, I know u, Hsin, famous in 33oz. :P

are you willing to proxy for us?

More than happy to proxy for anyone. Prices are around 600 RMB, about $100.

I'm currently in Chengdu, China, and about to finish my internship here and return to American next month. I'm really interested in buying a pair of these because of the price and also because it's made by a Chinese artisan (cultural pride :])

Will call tomorrow about sizing and hopefully I'll go through with the purchase. :)

Thank you for all the information Gregornz!

No problem for the info, actually, I am trying to figure out the sizings at the moment.

I'm trying to figure which cut is the skinniest, at the moment it looks like the #2 which is also the cheapest - 399 yuan!

His taobao shop is really poorly laid out and it's hard to see exactly what styles he has. I'm also interested to know whether he has black denim.

If anyone is interested I can post his measurement charts.

Just quick info:

The denim looks to be unsanforized, as his measurements show that the waist and inseam shrank about 2 inches in both areas.

I will ask later about stretching.

If anyone has any questions, I guess I can ask the shop later, if the call goes through

I just spoke to the guy [well, my girlfriend did].

He said that the 423/424 was the skinniest, which is weird because the size charts show the #2 as being skinnier. None are particularly slim.

He doesn't do black denim.

I'm happy to proxy for anyone that's interested. Don't need a fee, I'll do it for the love of the denim :)

It might take some time because I'd have to transfer money to my chinese gf's account to make the purchase through taobao, then get it shipped from Shenyang to Beijing, then get a chance to get to the post office and send it to where-ever you are.

I'd rather do everyone's at once, so if a couple of people are into this, put your name down and we can get rolling :)

im down for one of the workshirts i reckon. count me in.

btw some of the stitchings (on the backpocket say) look very similar to fullcount's (fine thread, high stitch count) and the denim on the 17oz s400 looks pretty similar to the made in china fc war model bikers edition. does red cloud make fc's made in china jeans? the blog does have some posts of miki-san visiting the red cloud crew. :)

How sweet are these??

After looking through his blog closely I'm now really really impressed with his work. The details he packs in are incredible! Plus the blog is really interesting for those who'd like to learn a little about the steps involved in making crafted jeans. Clicking on the title of each entry reveals more photos.

Yeah, interesting.

And check out all this self-edging denim! The dude must have a lot of cash for materials or something! He has a lot of sweet old equipment too!

It's in dongbei. About 4 hours from Beijing on the bullet train.

I emailed the guy today. Gunna see if he'll take pity on a laowai and custom a couple of pair for me. For 750 yuan it's the best deal in town.

i can try to see if i can be a middleman for this. my gf can get stuff off taobao and i think she knows how to work it. however with regards to sizing and cut, you guys will have to be able to figure it out by yourself.

the thing with this is that it will have to be shipped to singapore first since that is where i am located. from there i will ship to your country of residence. so this means that there will be 2 payments eventually.

1) jeans + shipping to singapore

2) shipping them to where you are located

let me know if there is interest on these.