Red Cloud & Co. jeans

Hsin

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

wake up sleepy thread!
Just a wee heads up... Red Cloud made another batch of Brown Beach style vests. They do look good and there's nothing on the market of the same quality for that price IMO:

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.5-c-s.w4002-15222917616.17.92cc30f16hnfL&id=562721770549

TB2Z7wQhRfH8KJjy1XbXXbLdXXa_!!59376727.j

I've just bought another BBV Chinese re enactement (by another brand called Remains Vintage I think, it does look good but not as good as RC unfortunately), otherwise I'll jump on this...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I'm selling a pair of R400's - early version, still with Red tab. Size 32. Soaked but never worn, so as-new.

I've not listed these anywhere as yet, but send me a message if they're of any interest.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/09/2018 at 11:53 PM, Maynard Friedman said:

It’s holio, holio, holio cornolio! Welcome back.

It is. I am corn holio. Thanks. Been loitering on and off. A couple of pairs of jeans simultaneously came to the end of their useful lives. My TCB 60s now spring a new hole every time I wear them, and my Norman Porter NP01 do likewise. So I got a pie of baihe jeans from Ali express as an experiment. As experiments go it wasn’t a success. My daughter summed it up best ‘dad, are you wearing skinny jeans? Please don’t ‘. So that leaves me back in the market. Considering my options and red cloud are on the list. Anyone? Anyone?

15 hours ago, holio cornolio said:

It is. I am corn holio. Thanks. Been loitering on and off. A couple of pairs of jeans simultaneously came to the end of their useful lives. My TCB 60s now spring a new hole every time I wear them, and my Norman Porter NP01 do likewise. So I got a pie of baihe jeans from Ali express as an experiment. As experiments go it wasn’t a success. My daughter summed it up best ‘dad, are you wearing skinny jeans? Please don’t ‘. So that leaves me back in the market. Considering my options and red cloud are on the list. Anyone? Anyone?

Their new R423-55 1950S American cotton model seem pretty neat

On 9/12/2018 at 5:38 PM, holio cornolio said:

Anyone else following red cloud on Instagram? Anyone any idea about this 70s model!

What's the instagram?

I was in China recently and tried to get some Red Cloud but it was harder than I would have thought.  I know of the Taobao site but shipping would have taken too long.  I did get Raymon's wechat though so I am going to try and order some now that I'm back in the states but I will have to figure out the fit. 

41 minutes ago, givemefive said:

What's the instagram?

I was in China recently and tried to get some Red Cloud but it was harder than I would have thought.  I know of the Taobao site but shipping would have taken too long.  I did get Raymon's wechat though so I am going to try and order some now that I'm back in the states but I will have to figure out the fit. 

It’s redcloud423

41 minutes ago, givemefive said:

What's the instagram?

It’s redcloud423

Hi, sorry for the newb question but I've been browsing for a while and I'm struggling to find accurate sizing info out there.

I love the look of the r400 and the dimensions seem to be similar to my Momotaro G004. I'm trying to decide between a size 33 or 34 - does anyone out there have a pair they could provide post-soak measurements for?

My true waist measures 34" and my G004 are tag size 32 and measure 17" when laid flat (denimio style). Heddels scout says the r400 shrinks two sizes and stretches back one, in which case 34 would be the way to go. Tuckshop says they'll shrink an inch and stretch back an inch but I don't know how they measure (360 method?). To throw another spanner in the works, the Tuckshop measurements also don't seem to match those on the Redcloud taobao page?

All in all, I'm pretty confused.

Many thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the link. Good to see Red Cloud is still around. It was pretty quiet about them.
The sewing (thread colours&sizes, execution of the sewing) always reminds me of Full Count jeans.

I'm sure it has been discussed but are there some connections between Full Count and Red Cloud? Both offered this twisted yarn denim at a similar time back then.

they did produce a run labeled SH at the end of the model number, which FC marketed as at  lower price point (made in China) in Japan.

they might have developed or used a fabrics together, but I think that was pretty much it...

Edited by Foxy2

I guess so - they posted pics on their blogs with FC visiting and discussing sampling and pre-production in the workshop...

Edited by Foxy2

• 2 weeks later...

Red Cloud is actually keep producing new stuffs, just not selling like collection by collection. Here i m sharing Red Cloud DaiiFau new white pants. Such a vintage gentleman cut with mid high rise and wide straight leg. this is hbt fabric and i like the small detail on the hem.

47183436_1772174692886665_3240471963482718208_n.jpg

47325053_1772174749553326_7432634333875142656_n.jpg

47344680_1772174716219996_5209913402993934336_n.jpg

• 8 months later...

If anyone's interested I have a raw pair of R400's for sale. Size 32. Red tab version.

Message me in interested here or instagram @sidewinderapparel

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

during college I made a bunch of friends on a study abroad course from their home university outside of shanghai, and in 2017 I took a trip to visit them- these R425XX were the logical souvenir courtesy of taobao. I find the cut a little low but otherwise I've been really pleased with these. the fabric's got a lot of character that comes out more and more with every wash, and in terms of construction they're among the best I own. it seems like these are a little easier to acquire online than when I was last watching the denim scene closely, so hopefully more people will be able to get their hands on these.

_DQ_3932.jpg

_DQ_3934.jpg

_DQ_3935.jpg

_DQ_3936.jpg

I used to have a pair of redcloud 425H made of their cotton hemp mix. those were truly amazing jeans and I regret having sold them. they would fit now.
what I dislike about red cloud is the color of the thread they use, it's too orange and makes too much contrast imo. I have another well worn pair of 436 and the thread seem to not fade enough to blend in with the denim. Also rivets are darker than usual.