Red Cloud & Co. jeans

Hsin

15 minutes ago, dilemmaworker said:

Hey guys, let's say I set up a shop that stocked Red Cloud and shipped internationally. Which pieces would you be most interested in seeing in that shop?

Shipping int'ly is only 1/2 of the problem. The other difficulty lies in accepting US-based payments (e.g., Paypal, but not rkb or webmoney).

Any straight/regular ('55 style 501) denim, and that: https://world.taobao.com/item/540748377923.htm

Edited by JDelage

10 minutes ago, JDelage said:

Shipping int'ly is only 1/2 of the problem. The other difficulty lies in accepting US-based payments (e.g., Paypal, but not rkb or webmoney).

Any straight/regular ('55 style 501) denim, and that: https://world.taobao.com/item/540748377923.htm

I'd make sure you could pay with PayPal, Visa and MasterCard!

1 hour ago, JDelage said:

Hi JDelage, another choice you could check out is send a message to @Obbigood or go to their website to checkhttp://obbigoodlabel.com/.

They are doing free worldwide shipping.

Unfortunately it is a discontinued model. Do you mean it reminds you the WH 700's?
Fit wise the 436 is my favorite pair. Wide through the legs and wide at the hem, yet the front rise is mid height, and the ratio between front and rear rise is just perfect (the rear rise is higher, so the jeans stay firm where they should stay). Even if it's a loose cut it doesn't look sloppy at all and it works well with all the shoes I have, from big chunky engineer boots to English country boots to sneakers.

The sewing is very well done, although it's polycotton and not cotton (which I would prefer as it would crinkle more). The thread is a dark copper color, I would like it more if it was a bit lighter. Same with the rivets, they are much darker than all the other pairs I have, I prefer the lighter color type. The belt loops are raised, filled with a rope (I think) and look and fade really well. The pocket fabric is selvedge, very nice touch.

The denim has a great texture to it, with just the right amount of slubbiness and irregolarity. The shade of blue at the stage I am now is much more prone to hues of electric blue and purple compared to my other pairs. I am not the biggest fan of this color (it looks a bit too "modern" for my taste and for the general feel of this cut, if you understand what  I mean) but I am confident that it will fade well and will look fantastic once it's fully faded. The way it is now the color is  a bit "strange" to me and it doens't match well with any of my other denim pieces so I don't enjoy to wear these as a part of a tuxedo combination.

My dream pair would be this exact cut with the TCB 50's denim, threads and rivets. The TCB fit wise comes as a close second, but the front rise is a bit too high to be perfect for me and even if thigh and hem width measurements are the same it looks a bit more loose, and therefore I feel it's a bit less versatile.

So here you have a not-asked-for review of a discontinued pair you couldn't find anywhere haha! I actually bought the last pair in a size 36 available, it was out of stock everywhere (included the China Red Cloud shop, the China Taobao shop and Tuckshop and Sundries in Singapore). I bought the last 36 from the Red Cloud Hong Kong store, which is now closed (or it's about to close).

The more similar Red Cloud cut available now is the R423, but the front rise is much much higher and the hem width is unfortunately smaller. These on a 36 are a nice 24.5 cm which is my favourite hem width.

Funny thing in this little denim obsession journey of mine: the more I buy and wear high quality jeans, the more I understand what I like, and the more it becomes difficult to actually find a pair that sums all the features I like (cut, fabric, construction, details, in my personal priority order).

Edited by volvo240thebest

21 hours ago, mousemouse said:

This is a long shot but any chance there is a store carrying Red Cloud in Guangzhou?

their TaoBao retailler used to be located in the greater outskirts of GZ - I called them up a couple of years back and they had me come by to try on a lot of the stuff they have available, it wasn't a store way back then...

anyhow, get in touch with them and see if they let you come by.

also, there is a store in HK that used to carry RC - The Red Cloud Store HK - easy to find on facebook - but as Volvo mentioned, they might be about to shut down operations...

Edited by Foxy2

What volvo just said the Recloud Hongkong shop had just closed for good as Raymon told me the owner got so busy that he rarely open the shop and the best decision is to stop the operation. But you should check again with them as they could be doing a large clearence sale to finish the current stock. 

On 3/4/2017 at 7:36 AM, JDelage said:

Placed a proxy order for this type II: https://world.taobao.com/item/540748377923.htm 

Got this today. Very nice item but super light weight. It's not ducks at all, it's more shirt weight size. Given this, it becomes rather overpriced for what it is. I'll probably wear it on some Summer nights...

On 3/11/2017 at 5:00 AM, holio cornolio said:

Being lazy and not scrolling back, but can anyone tell me which model this is? 

From the look of the buttons fly its the old 21oz and from the hem width and rise it could be the 425 or 424 (correct me if im wrong)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...