Red Cloud & Co. jeans

Hsin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I know that this should really be about jeans but I saw a peak of this sweater on Raymon's INstagram account and am sorely sorely tempted. Anyone outside of china likely to be stocking them or will I need to use a proxy? Anyone have any experience? From what I can understand these are sewn up from a japanese loopwheeled fabric?

TB2t8rDemOI.eBjy1zkXXadxFXa_!!59376727.j

Their Taobao listing says made in Japan sweatshirt fabric, Waldes zipper, and cotton threads. Didn't say anything about it being loopwheeled I don't think(I don't know the Chinese word for loopwheeled). Fabric looks nice, though. You could check with Tuck Shop(Singapore) regarding product details and whether they will be carrying these.

I saw that too, and went on to the taobao shop to see the new products, they look good! And man, I love Red Cloud's jackets but they're all so damn small. He makes bigger sizes in jeans (well some), and shirts but all his jackets are so tiny  :( . I really love the French workers jacket but no way can I fit into the 42. Even the 44's on some jackets seems smaller than normal. 

Edited by d-rew12

there's a bunch of nice things as usual.

the brown beach type vest is nice and not as horribly expensive. Can't see which sizes are available though anyone can help?

i bet there are lodas of fluent mandarin speakers here

link https://world.taobao.com/item/541846217186.htm?fromSite=main

now available again!

anyhoo I don't think I'll take the gamble as from meaurements it seems that a 42 is 49cm p2p and a 44 is 52cm p2p. which seems to be ridicolously small. I can't quite believe it. maybe the pits are cut low and that makes a difference in sizing.

As far as I know I need a vest to be at least 54cm or even better 56 cm pit to pit.

It seems that I can't buy myself a Brown's beach vest without spending amount of money I don't intend to spend...

really gutted... can't understand why their sizing on this vest doens't coincide at all with their sizing on the shirt I have which is even too roomy and it's a 17.5. Fuck...

That's how I feel about their jackets! The 60/40 parka I have from them is a large and it fits perfect. Yet all there other jackets are a good 5cm + less in the chest. I want to buy more Red Cloud jackets, but there all so damn small!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey bF If you follow them on Instgram (Redcloud423 I think) it looks like they're fitting out a new factory. Lots of pics of machines being restored and installed. Lots of activity

Edit - one thing I'd say though (and this is IMHO time) but I'd read that RedCloud have decided to restructure their product line, saving Red Cloud for the Chinese market and only offering  Daaifau products for export. General opinion (opinion mind) seems to suggest that the Daaifau product range uses the same fabrics as the Red Cloud line, only slightly different cuts (presumably for the western frame) and most notably - different pricing structure. I'd say that as a marketing strategy, this was a miscalculation.

Edited by holio cornolio

Here is a youtube video reviewed by 'San Francisco Traveler' who bought from us, Red Cloud 14.5oz jeans. I believe its either a R424 or R425. 

For the queries above, Red Cloud is still active and constantly putting up new products every season. This is undeniable. 

However, as honest as I can be, Raymon (Red Cloud) is still a very small company doing eveything by himself (with his wife). From new product designing, pattern cutting, sourcing for fabrics and materials, managing the factory, I must say, it is not as easy as we think base on the number of products he is churning out every season. Due to these factors, resulted in his delay to delivery, especially for international markets. One critical reason is because he wants to quality check his collection himself to make sure there is no screw ups. I am sure it is a damn good reason for a brand, but it is kind of difficult for international retailer to stock them, because retails need the product for in-season selling for smoother cash flow.

Rugged Gentlemen Shoppe (previously known as Tuckshop & Sundry Supplies) plays a role for Raymon's eyes to the outside world as well as helping him, as a friend, for English translation and International tradeshows. We communicate everyday and visit his factory 4 times per year. All that is reviewed and feedback from this forum, elsewhere are translated to him whenever I meet him. He knows but he doesn't want to change his insistence...

In official, speaking on behalf for Raymon (after a recent visit in Dec), he is very, very grateful to people who likes what he is doing, he will still do and loves all honest feedback.

He also beg your forgiveness for his slowness due to the workload he is taking to produce for Red Cloud.

Taobao0736 is another long time friend and an important retailer for Chinese market. Being in the domestic and local market for Red Cloud, they normally get their products first before anyone. And then to us. Sometimes, in fact most of the time, the demand in Chinese market eat up all Red Cloud's capability of producing which is the reason why you see products in Taobao0736 but not in our online store (www.tuckshopsundrysupplies.com). There are none left... This also explains the new line of Daaifau jeans collection for international. 

During the last visit, we (Raymon, Taobao0736 and me) have seriously discuss about these issues, presenting to him the differences between his domestic and international market, finding solutions for his production... It was a fruitful meeting. 

And all i can say is, Raymon's decision is beneficial to the consumers. In a few months, we will see the differences pricings iron out. 

To answer the above products questions,

The DF sweaters are sold out even on the fabric. Whatever is on Taobao 0736 is all that remaining. He has only left with green fabric for now. 

The Brown's Beach Vest are all sold out. The next production is end of 2017. We have left with very low quantity in our online store. Will put them up in a few weeks.

Thanks for reading and your constant support for Red Cloud

Rugged Gentlemen Shoppe.

• 4 weeks later...

wonderful! I want those kid jeans!

It still hurts to me that i couldn't make work their Brown's Beach vest. I like the color and texture of it even more than the "original" but no chance I could make it work sizing wise. 22 inches p2p and I'd instacop.

• 4 weeks later...

Could someone tell me what these pages say:

https://world.taobao.com/item/539129936162.htm

https://world.taobao.com/item/539048326895.htm

There's a message that appears in chinese: 根据所在国法律法规或平台政策,此项商品限制下单购买。

The translation on the Chrome browser is "According to the laws and regulations or platform policy of the host country, this product is subject to purchase."