Red Cloud & Co. jeans

Hsin

Good to know TuckShopSS!  Those look super sweet too.  I appreciate the fade pic.  Can you tell me how much they might shrink if I hot soak them?  At all?

Pictures from Tuckshop & Sundry Supplies Instagram and Facebook page.

Instagram: tuckshopsundrysupplies

Red Cloud R400, 17oz Fading.

Washed frequently, good smell...

10959448_758880094181725_891960680947739

The fabric detail of the Lot 2015 Red Cloud R400, 17oz

Twisting indigo yarn onto the white yarn. Green line Selvedge.

1662415_759275290808872_1852442519789728

Red Cloud jeans flasher. New version comes with 'Red Cloud Overall MFG & Co' in English. 

1798545_759385324131202_2822510243850946

Yes, DhaDha,

Previously, a white yarn is twisted onto the indigo yarn thus we saw more whiteness in the evenness.

This time round, an indigo yarn is twisted onto the white yarn, thus it is now darker and blue than previous version.

The interesting part is that, cotton, fabric and make are all the same, Turpan cotton, make in Red Cloud factory by the same crew, but by change a single yarn, it seems like a whole new material...

oh that makes sense. sounds very interesting. this new fabric should yield a higher contrast fade. 

speaking of which, now the fabric is almost indigo/indigo, no? i have a soft spot for double indigo fabric, and RC is one of my favourite brand. would be interesting to see RC indigoxindigo in slubby fabric! 

another thing i would really like to see is the return of natural indigo jeans. i discovered the brand too late to cop those. 

oh what i meant was that this new fabric's weft side is close to being all indigo, since there's less undyed weft, so it would be interesting if Raymond keeps experimenting and comes out with double indigo fabric in the future. 

Tuckshop, any tweaks to the fit of the R400? I need to get myself another pair of Red Clouds soon.

Also, anyone see some of the jackets they've added on the taobao site? I'm not really into military styled stuff and some of the jackets aren't my style, but the m-65 looks fantastic. I love the 60/40 parka but wish it was a little longer, so haven't jumped on this yet. But it's tempting. 

Edit: Also didn't realize Tuckshop had the new R400s. They look great!

Edited by d-rew12

oh what i meant was that this new fabric's weft side is close to being all indigo, since there's less undyed weft, so it would be interesting if Raymond keeps experimenting and comes out with double indigo fabric in the future. 

Ah... Yes, it is exactly what u mentioned. 

From what we understand, he is experimenting new cuts now. We do not have any news yet....

Tuckshop, any tweaks to the fit of the R400? I need to get myself another pair of Red Clouds soon.

Also, anyone see some of the jackets they've added on the taobao site? I'm not really into military styled stuff and some of the jackets aren't my style, but the m-65 looks fantastic. I love the 60/40 parka but wish it was a little longer, so haven't jumped on this yet. But it's tempting. 

Edit: Also didn't realize Tuckshop had the new R400s. They look great!

Though there are some changes on the new R400 - weaving of fabric, frontal pocket opening wider, leather patch wordings is more prominent, no red tab, new flasher. 

The cut of R400 remain the same.

We have ourselves, last 2 pieces of the 60/40 parka in orange and blue. (not on webstore)

Send us an email, I will reply with measurements. 

[email protected]

Ah... Yes, it is exactly what u mentioned. 

From what we understand, he is experimenting new cuts now. We do not have any news yet....

Though there are some changes on the new R400 - weaving of fabric, frontal pocket opening wider, leather patch wordings is more prominent, no red tab, new flasher. 

The cut of R400 remain the same.

We have ourselves, last 2 pieces of the 60/40 parka in orange and blue. (not on webstore)

Send us an email, I will reply with measurements. 

[email protected]

I actually already have the 60/40 parka but I appreciate the info! I'm glad to here the pockets are a little bigger. Also, super excited to se what kind of fits he makes. Hopefully something that isn't so slim as his current offerings... Or some bigger waist sizes(since using your guys size chart, the current sz36 R400 has a 36 waist unwhashed!?)

Red Cloud Lot2015 R400,17oz is introduced on Denimhunters

Here, we will show you the differences of the old and new version,

On top is old version, below is new version.

Old version of R400, 17oz – Warp (Indigo dyed yarn) is twisted with a undyed yarn. Thus, when weave into fabrics, it shows irregular pattern.

2015 version of R400, 17oz –  Using the same concept. However, this time, Weft (Undyed yarn) is twisted with an indigo yarn. Still resulted in irregular pattern but looks darker due to more indigo yarn ratio.

p2029216.jpg

Lot 2015 version is R400,17oz is alot darker with green line selvedge.

p2029230.jpg

The front texture is still slubby with prominent uneveness. But this time in blue.

p2029223.jpg

Close up of Lot2015 R400, 17oz.

p2029234.jpg

Close up of Old version R400, 17oz.

p2029235.jpg

Edited by TuckshopSS

Much prefer the old weave.

BTW- I have some R423's for sale in the supermarket if anyone's after a pair. Size 32.

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/158544-red-cloud-r423-32-evisu-loopwheeled-sweatshirt-m/

Since we're on the topic. These are my older pair of r400s I picked up from Max Power awhile back. I only wore them about 2 months before the 3sixteen contest. This pair had the wabash pocket bags.

KqeiEAH.jpg

gVSUsBN.jpg

5sblOFl.jpg

VC92V9h.jpg

Since we're on the topic. These are my older pair of r400s I picked up from Max Power awhile back. I only wore them about 2 months before the 3sixteen contest. This pair had the wabash pocket bags.

This wabash pocket is very much sought-after...

Unfortunately, it is no more.

Thanks for the reply. Just checked the chart. Rise is going to be too low for me. bummer I love the look of their denim. Note to RC- longer rise versions for the next run....

Dang really? You must need an extremely high rise.

Thanks for the reply.  Just checked the chart. Rise is going to be too low for me.  bummer I love the look of their denim. Note to RC- longer rise versions for the next run....

Check out the other models, the R423 has a higher rise.

Dang really? You must need an extremely high rise.

It kind of depends on the size, but I'd say the R400 has a low rear rise for a sz 36. 

just measured 15" on my 400. Seems like a pretty decent rise in my books

That's actually not too bad, I was under the impression it was around 14.5ish. My R423's back rise is also 15" but has a bigger rise before shrink, so maybe the 17oz fabric shrinks less than the older 13.7? Good to know though.

Check out the other models, the R423 has a higher rise.

It kind of depends on the size, but I'd say the R400 has a low rear rise for a sz 36. 

my R400's have a 15" rear rise for a size 34.