Red Cloud & Co. jeans

Hsin

Looks like some whiskers are forming... or is that the pocket bags?

Whiskers are forming slowly, they are covered by my shirt. Will take with a tee soon.

425 1 month update

7141594719_c621a9eb3b.jpg

6995505794_8b8c2a0430.jpg

The vertical falling that started 1 week in:

7141595163_bd50eb03a6.jpg

Hairy shit. Used to all be like this but hte fuzz has gone from places of wear:

6995506356_15375e9a82.jpg

What you would see if you were me:

7141595305_b9f8dbe007.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, I get it... kinda. When I get a new pair of denimz, if I decide to stack and not cuff then I mould the stacks by hand by pushing them down and stretching/straightening the lower leg... seems to work OK...

Back from the dead booyah! Been alternating between my 424xs and gregor's 400s. 424s started reeking a little from one too many beers, fags and sweat so i decided its time to throw them in for a soak. They are currently sitting in some lukewarm water with detergent and the bleeding is quite substantial. I'm actually pretty excited to see how they'll turn out, what shade itll be etc. Not much fades expected though because of the amount of wears but i guess hygiene is a valid excuse for the soak :blink: Pics when theyre done drying!

I just stopped by AB Fits in San Francisco and tried on the R400. Quality is superb, but the cut doesnt agree with me. The rise is lower than my liking. Its unfortunate because I would have rocked the fuck out of those jeans. But for those who have not handled them, rest assured that the quality of construction is fantastic. I firmly believe that if these had a Made in USA or Made in Japan tag, they would go for upwards of $300 easily. If the rise was a bit higher, it would have been an instant purchase.

Hey guys, I'm looking to get a pair or Red Clouds off Tao Bao and need some advice.

For their jeans, how much do they shrink for waist and inseam after a soak + what temperature did you guys soak at? After reading through the posts it seems like they are marked for post soak?

There are some new fits that I've seen and I'm wondering if anybody had experience with them.

The one marked Special Singer. I was wondering what that was. It is the R424 fit I presume. What is the difference?

If looking for a slim fit what would be your recommendations? Thanks!

I just stopped by AB Fits in San Francisco and tried on the R400. Quality is superb, but the cut doesnt agree with me. The rise is lower than my liking. Its unfortunate because I would have rocked the fuck out of those jeans. But for those who have not handled them, rest assured that the quality of construction is fantastic. I firmly believe that if these had a Made in USA or Made in Japan tag, they would go for upwards of $300 easily. If the rise was a bit higher, it would have been an instant purchase.

Come on man! Rock the fuck out of those bastards anyway!! :) Go true to size for a nice straight cut in the 400s...

Hey guys, I'm looking to get a pair or Red Clouds off Tao Bao and need some advice.

For their jeans, how much do they shrink for waist and inseam after a soak + what temperature did you guys soak at? After reading through the posts it seems like they are marked for post soak?

There are some new fits that I've seen and I'm wondering if anybody had experience with them.

The one marked Special Singer. I was wondering what that was. It is the R424 fit I presume. What is the difference?

If looking for a slim fit what would be your recommendations? Thanks!

Hey Contrast

The stretching and sizing of the models depends on denim used. There are pretty much 3 denims availaible at the mo - the 17 oz, the 424 denim and the natural, the latter two are both about 14oz I think.

The 17 ounce won't shrink or stretch much as the weave is tight, the other two will shrink and stretch quite a bit. My advice is go true to size, or MAYBE one down in the lighter denims.

In terms of styles, the 425 natural indigo is the most slim. I own a pair and they fade awesomely, and fast. 1000 yuan. However, the 17oz denim is really special, so think long and hard before passing it up.

Hope that helps!

Come on man! Rock the fuck out of those bastards anyway!! :) Go true to size for a nice straight cut in the 400s...

Hey Contrast

The stretching and sizing of the models depends on denim used. There are pretty much 3 denims availaible at the mo - the 17 oz, the 424 denim and the natural, the latter two are both about 14oz I think.

The 17 ounce won't shrink or stretch much as the weave is tight, the other two will shrink and stretch quite a bit. My advice is go true to size, or MAYBE one down in the lighter denims.

In terms of styles, the 425 natural indigo is the most slim. I own a pair and they fade awesomely, and fast. 1000 yuan. However, the 17oz denim is really special, so think long and hard before passing it up.

Hope that helps!

Thanks! I decided to go with the 17oz R400s as I had to order quickly. On TaoBao they only had a 31 and a 33 so I had to order the smaller size.

On the measurement chart it says the 31 is 86cm at the waist. Is this after soaking or before soaking. Hoping this is a before the soak measurement as a almost 34 inch is way to big for me. I notice on the other pairs of jeans however, 31's measurements are a lot closer to a 31. I wonder why that it.

Edited by Contrast

Good choice, I know you'll love that 17oz denim!

Gotta disagree with conundrum though, I think the 17oz won't shrink or stretch much... We shall see!

Fit pics please! :)

Edited by gregornz

I found my R400's didn't shrink much. Perhaps a couple of % at the most, bit more on the length tho.

My R424's shrank just a bit on the initial soak, but around another inch in the waist after an actual wash. My pair measures at a hair over 33" and is tagged a 32.

You can definitely size down 1 on that model, but you have to be aware of the fairly slim thighs.

2 months in the natural indigos. Amazed how fast they are fading!

7308304468_c4e215af21.jpg

7308303584_de0ecf9793.jpg

Got my sister into a pair, took this photo as they were still drying on her.

7308306522_6f8c8fe8f2.jpg

7308302216_9b3fc9fdf9.jpg

Edited by gregornz