Supreme Sucks

Does anyone know why the dudes at Supreme are such fuck faces? Its pretty obvious that they go way out of their way to be rude to people. I remember going to Supreme before all the japan collector dunk sb in-house brand shit, when they were selling birdhouse t-shirts. I guess you could say it's part of their aesthetic. I don't know about you guys, but I like it better when people are nice to me. I suggest that we start shoplifting from Supreme. Their clothes are by far my favorite, and I'm real picky, but fuck those pretentious nerds.

IDonTcare

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But why would you buy clothes because of the lifestyle? I have mad clothes from the gap, they still look dope. It's all about how you rock shit. The gaps clothes are durable and simple, and stylish. thats what I like. I still smoke weed and skate and go partying. The clothes I wear don't make me act any different. Just becasue my whole wardrobe isn't supreme, my lifestyle is the same. I always wanted to knock the fucking teeth out of the nerdy ass Supreme worshipers. I never understood that shit. Are you jsut trying to be friends with the supreme dudes or what? nice life..

IDonTcare

Supreme was extremely popular in Japan before any Dunk SB was out. Supreme's prices are below normal for any small New York store so I wouldn't complain too much about their prices. My experience with their employees has been good, but I have witnessed some of their behavior towards other patrons that I consider to be unacceptable. The thing that seems to slip their mind is that they are at work. Often it seems like they are getting paid to hang out with each other and then they get their panties in a bunch when some Japanese dude picks up a shirt that they folded 3 hours ago. You're at work fellas! Boohoo if you have to fold one shirt per hour! All of their empluyees know one word in Japanese -- "Sumimasen" and then they go off in english on tourists.

I've never received any attitude at Supreme before... just more like they could care less if you shopped there or not. It's not your typical store where salespeople greet you and see what they can do for you. They just sit, chill, skate, and bump music loud. The NYC store never seems like it's manned though. They're either at the back chilling out or at the outside of the store hanging.

"and we can find new ways of living make playing only logical harm"

ya know, there is no reason for attitude unless you hate yo-self. Haters can suck a dick. I can understand where the attitude can come from cause workin in that area you get a lot of morons, but shit it's your job. You don't want to do youre job then go fucking jerkoff at home. I understand attitude what I don't understand is the I'm better than you attitude there, and at other stores I've gone to. Don't support dickheads who sell clothes you can get in other places I don't go to supreme because I don't like being judged by what I'm wearing, I've got money that's all that should matter to those fucks. I've said it before I'll say it again; my new joint is Sugarheadquarters. I've never been that warmly greeted by anyone in a store like that and the clothes are better by far (so are the decks). Go there and check it out you'll see what I mean

The dudes at supreme are almost always helpful and courteous if you start shopping there on a regular basis. All the resellers and asians that go in there are annoying as shit and create a frenzy for the clothes and kicks that might just go to regular customers if such a commotion wasn't created. I dont like being part of the hype there but the designs are great and it's a new york institution so I try and support it. As far as the staff goes, I beleive most of them are pro skaters that are sponsored by supreme/or stussy. I like it when the staff are dickheads to the customers because maybe they wont come back again, and then I'll be able to get the pieces I want without having to wait on line or stop by a million times a week. It'd be nice if I could've picked up the supreme sb's without having to wait on line for 2 days with a crowd of douchebags.

i always check out niketalk cus the members are so organized and they get on top of everything. Its pathetic but i kinda have to do it to get any kicks I want. It's also interesting to take a look back and figure out when people started making a lifestyke out of lifestyle clothing. If yer on the computer all day figuring out when and where shit is coming out it doest leave much time for anything else. NT'ers are insane and are usually well connected. There's no way to beat em but not buy the products and I guess at this point im not willing to do that.

If anyone here knows New York Skate History dude in the pic is Zoo Legend Ryan Hickey. I have never got an attitude in there since the shop opened and they have always been cool to skate kids. Can you blame them for getting angry with half the kids they get all day that just buy shit in bulk and resell it on ebay leaving nothing for heads who actually wear their shit ?

I skate and I live in Boston. (GO SOX) My main beef with Supreme is I take a 4 hour bus ride just to go there and buy clothes, because I love the quality and design. I hate being part of the hype too, but I just love their shit. I don't even really know or care about other high end japan brands. I go in and they tell me they don't have my size or something, it just bums me out because I came all that way. On top of that they give me an attitude. I have to explain to them that I'm not trying to eBay all the shit, and they still look at me funny, even though I look more like a skater than a fucking millionaire asian eBay collecter. If I had a label that hit big and kids were sweating my shit, I'd be psyched. If they lost all their fame and credebility in the streetwear market, they'd be nowhere. I just hate haters, and they hate on me personally pretty bad from my experiences, so fuck 'em. I just want to wear the clothes they make.

IDonTcare

yeah i hear that unhappy,

I think the biggest problem you have is that u cant come often. If they notice you coming around the store and see that u only buy one of each item in yer size and stuff they start to hook u up. It's sorta gay that people have to get accepted by them but they're just standoffish in that it seems they want to protect the credibility of the brand. I think people who once collected bathing ape can identify with that. Bape nowadays is getting really lame with all these butthead rappers wearing shit and it ruins the connection someone has with the brand when they see some herb rocking it. nobody likes it when their small label or band or anythings gets huge and all the idiots come flocking in. In that respect i like the way the dudes their work. Plus, the whole store is kinda based on the periphery of the art world, which is very exclusionary etc.

Quote:

like i said. niketalk. people come in and want to buy stuff no matter what it says. they rock xxl supreme with akademics and bape truckers and pharrell hooides and evisu.

people want to buy 'cool', but it ruins it for the people who really are cool.

damn mtv, damn rappers, damn internet

--- Original message by dontcaretoomuchforcrap on Jan 25, 2005 07:04 PM

hey... i work for mtv...

Yo if kids don't like the service at Supreme just don't buy their shit. Who cares if dudes make 10 dollars I bet they are doing something they like and that's worth more then a big paycheck. Supreme is a NYC institution and that shit will be here long after the haters and ebay kids grow bored with the brand. Don't player hate participate.

so what are you saying the kids are dicks?? probably so. Most heads that work at skateshops are dicks, probably all the free babysitting they have to do and some just can't case their egos? If supremes the only one you go to then it's probably a new/huge thing to you that the service was less than good. imo those dudes go a little out of their way to be dicks sometimes but if your offended you should take it up with them or don't support the shit- not post a buncha bull shit about how bad you got treated and how they don't care about you or your stankin purchases........

Supreme obviously does nt suck - if it did you would have never posted this thread. You would have just brushed it off your shoulder. As for the dudes at Supreme, have you ever been to a skateshop, and not a chain, but a hardcore skateshop? It sounds like the dudes at supreme are just skaters. Skaters can smell their own, and if you don t skate - why are you buying up all the skate product? I am a little pissed that I ll never be able to skate in a pair of dunk sbs, why? Because everybody enjoys the limited runs, the colourways etc... Thats probably what they see - and it is frustrating even for me and I dont have to deal with those 'individuals' who buy up all sb stock. Don t hate, try and understand where they are coming from.