Does superfuture know anything about the DEEP WEB?!

gfunkdocta

Like most of Discordianism, the Law of Fives appears on the surface to be either some sort of weird joke, or bizarre supernaturalism; but under this, it may help clarify the Discordian view of how the human mind works. Lord Omar is quoted later on the same page as having written, "I find the Law of Fives to be more and more manifest the harder I look."

Appendix Beth of Robert Shea's and Robert Anton Wilson's The Illuminatus! Trilogy considers some of the numerology of Discordianism, and the question of what would happen to the Law of Fives if everyone had six fingers on each hand. The authors assert that the real Law of Fives is realizing that everything can be related to the number five if you try hard enough.

Sometimes the steps required may be highly convoluted. Incidentally, the number five appears five times within the quote describing the Law of Fives, which is stated in 23 words.

Another way of looking at the Law of Fives is as a symbol for the observation of reality changing that which is being observed in the observer's mind. Just as how when one looks for fives in reality, one finds them, so will one find conspiracies, ways to determine when the apocalypse will come, and so on and so forth when one decides to look for them. It cannot be wrong, because it proves itself reflexively when looked at through this lens.

At its basic level, the Law of Fives is a practical demonstration that perception is intent-sensitive; that is, the perceiver's intentions inform the perception. To whatever extent one considers that perception is identical with reality, then, it has the corollary that reality is intent-sensitive.

The Law of Fives may also be related to the significance of the number 23 or the 23 Enigma, as 2 plus 3 equals 5.

Basically, it just says this is a joke that indirectly pokes fun at the idea of a an unproven (and generally illogical and unlikely) conspiracy theory, and that not only is the Law of Fives bullshit, but something such as an intent-sensitive man made conspiracy theory is bullshit.

But my question is what would?

dunno why everyone is so shook up about this

buy a used laptop and take it to a free wifi spot. sensitive info isn't a liability and neither is your IP/ISP

yes, worry about credit card/email/SSN theft but not the feds. if you're just consuming information those guys have bigger fish to fry: the ones producing and distributing that information

how hard is it to think of this shit guys, really

use your brain

est Subject #2

Name:

Number of Sublim Treatments: 2

Well I went over John's house to try his sublim treatment he created. The preparations were easy, all I had to do was drink an energy drink and then we got started. At first I noticed the sublim words that were flashing all over the 3 screens (which had different background programs running on each of them). My first reaction was 'how is this going to work when I can read what the sublims say?', but later I paid more attention to the AMV's (on the main screen) and the screen savers (on the other 2 computers) that the sublims were playing over. Within a half hour I didn't notice the sublims any more; I guess you can say that the sublims were invisible to me at this point. The treatment lasted about 3-4 hours and John and I had to stop for marshmallow breaks (the sugar energizes the brain so the sublims don't cause headaches). After hours of keeping my eyes attached to the computer screens, along with no body movements (which was pretty hard for me) I felt very accelerated...

The accelerated feeling I had was almost like drinking 3 cups of coffee and 8 bottles of energy drinks, but without the jitters. I felt very awake. I felt like I could have ran and ran and would never stop from tiredness. This accelerated mode I was in was very enjoyable. I was much more attentive and my brain felt as though it was collecting more information then normal, because I was remembering things much better. I was much more aware of my surroundings along with small details about things that I usually wouldn't notice. When the sublims were done I got up and I felt very dizzy. This dizziness lasted for a good 2 hours later. I also could see 'fake' sublims (by which case, 'fake' means the same sublims only I could see them without seeing the 'real' physical sublims I was subjected to for 3-4 hours)for a good 2 hours after too where ever I looked.

A few days later I was subjected to the sublim treatment once again. This time I knew what to expect and after my energy drink, marshmallow breaks, and another 3-4 hours of sublims I felt quite accelerated. My eyes started to water and once again I got that dizzy after effect. This time was different though. After the second time around I noticed things.

I wasn't sleeping during the night and I have much more excess energy in my body. Also, the sublims didn't go away after 2 hours. The 'fake' sublims lasted much longer along with the accelerated effect. Also, it seems as though the sublim treatment had opened up more telepathic tendencies, in which case I had a history of telepathic tendencies before, but the sublims seems to make me more in tune to these things. For instance, I am able to read people much more quickly, like I knew what they were thinking or about to say before they say it. Also, the sublims made me more prone to premonitions because after the sublims I had dreams about things that have happened the following day. Also, while watching a few AMV's (without sublims) with some friends, I started to see 'fake' sublims. The reasoning, I think, is because the AMV's triggering (unintentionally) the 'fake' sublims and I started to become accelerated. This lead me to an idea: What if I tried to 'trigger' 'fake' sublims on call just for the accelerated feeling?, well I tried.

After trying about 2 times I am now able to see the 'fake' sublims on call. I would look at the computer screen and remember what the sublims look like and then start to see 'fake' sublims from my memory onto the computer screen. Then, I wouldn't need the computer screen, because after I 'recall' the 'fake' sublims I would look up and walk around and would see the 'fake' sublims everywhere I look. Not only would I see the 'fake' sublims, but I would also feel just as accelerated as when I was watching the 'real' sublims. Not to mention the after effect of the dizziness would be felt as well, when I turn off the 'fake' sublims. This isn't the last of it, now that I am able to recall the sublims into 'fake' hallucinated sublims, I am able to trigger my mind to slow the sublims down so I am able to read the information and what time sublims say. Whether the information retrieved when I slow down and recall the sublim is accurate or not still needs to be tested. So another word, because of the sublim treatments, I now basically have an internal drug that I can turn on and off whenever I want to feel accelerated.

I'm not sure if these telepathic tendencies are stronger because of the sublims, but if they are, I'm guessing it's because my brain is more energized and is working overtime. While watching the sublims I am using more brain matter, which can trigger the telepathic tendencies in a part of the brain that is unknown, but affected because of the sublims. Also, my background can also have an effect as to why I can 'recall' the sublims and really see 'fake' sublims in my everyday life, and that is because I use to hallucinate when I was emotionally unstable and because my brain is capable to see the unseen it is possible that is why I have an easier time recalling and hallucinating 'fake' sublims. Not sure why I can slow down the sublims though, this is something I am to look forward in. Also, a further study will proceed to see what would happen if John and I trigger 'fake' sublims at the same time and both our brains are accelerated. I will further update this as I come across more things to share.

just going somewhere with an open wifi network.

Already a problem.

unless you are talking about a home router (which has its own problems, read on), all public wifi routers use something called DHCP where your computer provides something called a MAC address, which is a hardware address unique to your network card, and in return receives its IP address. in addition, most of these routers will cache certain types of traffic and log which MAC address/IP address pair it came from. There are lots of ways that public wifi activity could if needed be traced back to you. The caveat to this is that MAC addresses can be spoofed, but we're getting into the realm of fucking with the IP stack on your machine which is not something that most people are capable of doing.

But the real problem with using public wifi is that anyone on that public network can sniff your activity. For example, a tool called firesheep will sniff a local network for persistent session cookies returned from website authentication requests and copy them into a foreign browser's cookie store, allowing someone to do fun things like, uh, log into your facebook account without ever knowing your password. This is one such tool of many (http://http-cookie-sniffer.qarchive.org/ for example).

Have a samba share on your machine? Well if you're on an open WiFi connection, now someone can brute force your password and access stuff on your share (http://www.openwall.com/john/). I've seen malware, botnets, all kinds of stuff installed on to people laptops (yes, including macs) when they return from a trip in which they accessed free wifi from airports or starbucks.

For the record: I never access anything that I care about through free wifi, I run linux and have all incoming port access blocked, my entire laptop drive is encrypted with 256k AES, I use a PGP plugin for my email and encrypt every email that I care about, and I change my passwords on all websites and systems that I access at least every 2 weeks.

Can't be careful enough, man.

yup im too scared to get in, afraid of hackers

now obviously Norton isnt going to stop people from getting into your comp. But my question is what would?

Honestly? Never connecting it to any network unless its behind a firewall that you control and constantly audit. :)

Yes your MAC address is worth worrying about. If someone subpoena'd your machine they could see your MAC and trace it back to you wireless activity. They can even resolve it via some NSLOOKUP tools while you're online.

re: firesheep you're thinking about aircrack (which actually supports a ton of wireless chipsets nowadays). All you need for firesheep is WinPcap (linked from firesheep DL page) or AirPcap (http://www.cacetech.com/products/airpcap.html). Those two tools support a WIDE array of ethernet/wireless adapters.

re: password changes I've seen users at my place of work have one password compromised on a single system and then all you need is to watch their HTTP traffic and try the same credentials on other websites. All you need is a SINGLE compromised account and you will understand why I change so often. I also use different passwords for any site that i care about (I have the same one for this forum and the ubuntu users forum, eg, but those are harmless. Things like facebook, my bank account, emails etc are all unique)