dickies and carhartt

Gem_art

Gem-Art

did you raise my concerns about Carhartt Euro never doing the 36 inseams!! ;)

By the way, you said you know about Edwin too, if I recall, have Edwin Europe got any plans to do a 'normal' rise jeans any time soon?

Had the ED47s but had to sell them cos the rise is just too low for my taste, but love the greycast denim, so wanna see it used again but in a normal rise jeans.........?

I did mail the production head to ask only to be shot down with "we've done them before and they didn't sell"

There have been some fairly major changes at Edwin Europe recently and the U.K. agent is away at the moment getting an idea of what SS07 holds. He's back on Monday, it'll be interesting to see what has been decided but a lot of people have commented on how low the rise is on the European product.

I did mail the production head to ask only to be shot down with "we've done them before and they didn't sell"

There have been some fairly major changes at Edwin Europe recently and the U.K. agent is away at the moment getting an idea of what SS07 holds. He's back on Monday, it'll be interesting to see what has been decided but a lot of people have commented on how low the rise is on the European product.

cheers for coming back to me.

Glad other people have noted that, cos I just dont see any longevity in that very low rise-ness, and am very surprised Ed europe havent realised a "501" or "505", for want of a better expression

As for Carhartt..... tut tut!! Just because something doesnt sell in massive quantities doesnt mean it wont sell at all! If 36 never sold, other manufacturers wouldnt make them either!!

(not aiming that at you, but industry attitudes)

do they sell these in the US at all?

There is some grey importing of the European product but one of the stipulations of our license means we're prohibited from selling our product in the States.

Sneaker Addict

I'll ask again in the future, we're selling more 34 leg now than a couple of years ago so a 36'' leg would be a natural progression... Regarding Edwin I'll let you know what the new range is looking like next week, variations on the Nashville/Greenville theme would be a good idea I feel.

I am in the UK I bought the dickies off ebay from a seller in the UK.

milehigh, I sent you a PM

viv, got your pm. the zy's are missing a belt loop i've just noticed, which is kinda annoying as they're not marked as 2nds, only noticed today...just as well your not in the market for them. to repeat the question a few people have asked...anyone know of an outlet for dickies selvage in the UK?

No I dont know where to get selvedge dickies shopwise.

Seeing as the thread is called dickies and carhartt though, I do remember reading a discussion about carhartt doing £45 natural indigo ( i think ) at their London outlet.

Dunno if they were selvedge though, just thought id mention it cos if your looking for dickies then carharrts would probly be your thing too.

viv, thanks for the heads up...actually just got a couple of pairs of Carhartt san francisco this week, natural indigo raw. very nice, and only 45 quid a pop i can heartily recommend them...natterjacks and brandjunkie both have some left, 30's and 34's, way oversized tho, the 30's i got measure up at almost 34, should shrink down to 32ish tho...

shit I shouldnt get anymore jeans, just got new apcs this morning, mind you, thats very cheap for natural dye........

awwww

Know what you mean, I've bought 4 pairs in the last 5 weeks, nothing over 100 quid but it mounts up, my wife thinks I'm mental...as for the natural dye, was wondering about that myself, definately states natural indigo on the tags, and they bleed like a bitch...nice fit too, not that i'm trying to encourage your habit. lol.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Gem_art, you got prices for the Carhartt Japanese selvage you mentioned? Also, where they gonna be available? (remember I live in Glasgow and although it has a reputation for being an excellent shopping town, it is, in actual fact, bollocks imho of course)

• 11 months later...

These aren't selvedge (sorry about the appalling photography) but they're made in Japan and there is a selvedge pair in the European line.

The single knees still exist in both lines along with most of the heritage cuts (double knee, simple pant, western pant)

• 2 years later...