i think (pretty sure) sony killed my ps3

100%

Was playing killzone 3 (exceptional game fyi) the other night and out of no where my fat 60 gig ps3 conked out during a heavy firefight (single player).

It had been playing online fine with no problems or slow down. Wasn't hot, hadn't been shutting down or freezing lately, but now when I try turning it on it just blinks for a second and flashes a yellow light. Won't even let me take the disk out.

Whats shady is..

just a few days before sony as well as killzone 3 had a seemingly random software update. Kind of odd seeing as no real details about the patch were released.

A friend of mine's ps3 had the same problem as well as friends of my brothers. Just died on them, no warning.

Now.. if ps3's are supposed to have like a 1% failure rate (I remember sony stating this a while back) And I already know a handful of people recently who's ps3s have died in the past month. To not rule out foul play would be incredibly naive...

Im mos def not buying a new ps3 right now. Gonna take this mother to the washington and crenshaw swapmeet, give it to an old korean guy that fixes them for $50, and hopefully get back on my killzone/marvel vs capcom 3 diet. Even still though,

sony this is cold blooded homie. Didn't think you'd stoop to this level just to push units. That ps3 move shit looks straight whatever and I hope you dont think I want to bullshit with some janky motion nonsense when id rather just ball outside. Even with the lackluster exclusive releases we used to be cool... now, I dont even know anymore

anyone else have their ps3 murdered?

mine did the same thing a few months ago after GT5 came out, it's not Sony, for some reason games that really push the system are more at fault, all the 60GB's will eventually shit the bed.

yep, same thing happened with mine too (got it fixed through Sony for ~$150). My PS3 has been running 3-9 hours a day (sometimes more) pretty much every day since i bought it 4 years ago. electronics do have a certain life expectancy and i'm way past. reminds me i should back up my HD though