BS United Oni Denim Pics

john11f

I just bought my first pair of Japanese Denim when I went to Tokyo last Christmas. My friend Mark wanted a good pair o' jeans so I went down to Hinoya at Ueno and basically the guy there recommended what he said was currently the #1 name in Japan at that time - Oni jeans.

haha, i remember them telling me that when i first went there and picked up the jeans (amazed by the slubbiness)... but they're just a bit biased. ;)

you still getting royalties from PBJ and 45RPM coldrice!!??

haha i should be right? but yeah, i haven't seen the purple oni's so i couldn't put in my 2 cents, i'm sure they're a lot nicer in person than in the pictures.

on a side note there needs to be a side by side comparison of the oni's with the warehouse duckdigger's (washed) because those things get crazy slubby too. how are your bk's? (it was mentioned earlier in the thread... just want to know because i might take a break from my suminando's soon...)

thanks coldrice... the jomons it is, whenever im ready for a new pair... when I'm in NYC next time I will have to photograph all 3 pairs for the "how jeans fit" thread, HAHA...

btw, if i order a pair of jomons and get the hardware changed out to silver that would prolly run close to 1k total right? fuck man... that's a lot... maybe I'll wait til the next SuFu party in Osaka to cop a pair in Japan... actually my gf is in taipei now and they have a store there... need to call her, lol...

May be just as easy to use 2000db. My sorahikos were like $50 cheaper shipped by 2000db than the msrp in the us.

And I agree with you coldrice, I don't really like how those Oni's look. They look kinda like the Flame Nudie's, but with slubs.

I'm a bit subjective since i'm quite satisfied on how my Oni's turned out. I can just imagine how these purples will look like even right from the bat. It reminds me of the PBJ AIs, you know there's something special that happened during the production of the pair...

ooops, sorry guys. didn't notice you guys were talking about the 19oz natural indigo onis. (p2g2, now i see what you meant by that nudie thing. i'm sure the quality of the denim will be completely different, though.) this is what happens when you chime in randomly while you're slaving away at your work. please carry on.

anyone who owns the Oni 19oz natural indigo. I'm ready to plop down. Need to know if the shrink/stretch to tag ratio. Who else owns a pair besides coleslawyum? I'm usually a 30, but tried on the 28 and that fit well with a bit of room to spare, i'm thinking about just getting those...I'm starting to believe that it's all about thigh/leg and not waist..

anyone who owns the Oni 19oz natural indigo. I'm ready to plop down. Need to know if the shrink/stretch to tag ratio. Who else owns a pair besides coleslawyum? I'm usually a 30, but tried on the 28 and that fit well with a bit of room to spare, i'm thinking about just getting those...I'm starting to believe that it's all about thigh/leg and not waist..

That's a lot of dough to plop down on a pair of jeans, so it should be something you really dig. I love 'em, but they are my special occasion jeans. Just kidding. Truth is, they feel almost bullet proof and I had them for months. They still look brand new. I really recomend that you give them a wash first just to break it in a bit. I'm actually more interested in how they will turn out for you, being that I'm not going to soak mine.

I don t know if I am too late, but I have a pair of the AI001s and while the denim and colour etc is really nice, the fit is really annoying. The denim is so thick and the fly is so long that it always bunches, so keep that in mind when deciding between the three crazy priced jeans. I do wear them pretty frequently though, and they seem to retain their distinct colour which is nice.

I can t find any pictures of the crazy purple selvedge jeans, we need to find a way to organize threads better, like a summary thus far of threads of a certain length, it would help people wade through the nonessential posts (like this one), and provide just the facts. I dunno if thats possible though.

wtf, you copped a pair of the purple selvage and didnt know what they were? r u fuckign with us? damn, so nice! congrats and welcome to superfuture!