BS United Oni Denim Pics

john11f

hey everyone, just registered.

got a quick and probably dumb question, I ordered a pair via the pre order week and a half or so ago of the silhouette's from blueingreen (the $550 purple selvedge) just wondering for those that have seen them in person what can i expect from these?

pure fucking sex man. these are the nicest looking jawns i've seen in a while...it's also nice to know like there are only 50 other people in the world that have em, dyed by hand by one of 3 people in the world, and just the most sick to the touch denim ever. i'm jealous.

is this your first pair of raws? learning to fly before you can walk. i have seen the regular onis, the blues, in hinoya and they were fuckin nice so i am assuming that these will be that much better.

I figure I'm the only one here thats put real work into the AI, might as well keep going so we can see what wear looks like on slubby ass jeans. I'm hoping i'll be happy with them by my trip to Japan in July so I can start on whatever I pick up there.

I figure I'm the only one here thats put real work into the AI, might as well keep going so we can see what wear looks like on slubby ass jeans. I'm hoping i'll be happy with them by my trip to Japan in July so I can start on whatever I pick up there.

Go go PG2G! I hope you don't get distracted with this project given your new Suminandos. I wonder what the next purchase would be, specially so since you're getting it straight from Japan.

Go go PG2G! I hope you don't get distracted with this project given your new Suminandos. I wonder what the next purchase would be, specially so since you're getting it straight from Japan.

Suminandos are gonna be on the side, I'll probably wear them only when I wear black shoes. Can't really say what's next, I'm hoping to go there and find something unique. Will likely end up with a pair of Jomons though, since I'm pretty happy with how the Sorahiko's fit up top and want something slightly slimmer down low. Also gotta take into account how much cheaper they are there than they are here.

Suminandos are gonna be on the side, I'll probably wear them only when I wear black shoes. Can't really say what's next, I'm hoping to go there and find something unique. Will likely end up with a pair of Jomons though, since I'm pretty happy with how the Sorahiko's fit up top and want something slightly slimmer down low. Also gotta take into account how much cheaper they are there than they are here.

Nice. I spent four days in Tokyo over Christmas and it is true, 45rpm is much less expensive than in the states. I wasn't expecting it to be so much less, but the yen is pretty weak nowadays. I bought a pair of nando x nando for $211.

I kind of wish I had planned my trip to Tokyo better, though. I was there with my wife, and we had a great time just walking through the neighborhoods, checking out sights and eating tons of great food. Not to say we didn't find a ton of cool shops that show Tokyo in all its avantgardeness, but yeah, I still I wish I had planned better.

I just bought my first pair of Japanese Denim when I went to Tokyo last Christmas. My friend Mark wanted a good pair o' jeans so I went down to Hinoya at Ueno and basically the guy there recommended what he said was currently the #1 name in Japan at that time - Oni jeans. I've read other threads on how to basically care for raw denim - soaking, the pros and cons of starching, sanforized etc... but the thing is this pair of Oni is freakin' raw. Supposedly its supposed to shrink up to 2 inches everywhere. If my friend were to wear it without soaking, it's gonna be freakin' loose for him. His waist is 32 inches by the way. So I was wondering, does he soak it for 90 min first like I read in the small questions thread and then does he not wash it for the next 6 months? Cuz another person was saying it's a long drawn process of several washes, where it shrinks slowly... I was wondering if anyone knows enough about Oni jeans to help. I've searched it on Supertalk and Googled it but couldn't find any info....

By the way, the reason I made this as an individual thread and didn't put it in the small questions thread was cuz I couldn't find anything relating to Oni jeans here. Hope you guys can help

Soak it once, and most likely it'll shrink 2 inches in the waist and about 3.5 inches on the inseam. (At least it did for me) It will also shrink along the thigh and ass area. then it will stretch out again and you might want to wash it again to shrink it back. It's cotton so its organic. It will constantly stretch back except for the inseam.

Oni's are sized up from the tag size, so it will shrink down towards the tag size. The reason people don't wash jeans is so that they can get nice fading and wear out of them before they finally wash them, revealing a beautiful and unique wear. So if you wash them constantly, like once a week, all you are going to end up with are some light blue jeans.

Is the BS United a particular version of Oni demin? or is it a more detailed name for the Oni Blue that BiG has (these: http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=17&category_id=&manufacturer_id=8&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28 )

BS United, Inc. is the name of the company that makes Oni Denim. Red and Blue indicates the cuts.

jesus i just found this thread about the 19oz Onis. So they have them at the store? I gotta go feel them and see how they compare to the AI 001s. Speaking of which, P2G2, ditto on the props for continuing to work on them. You can count me as another one who is relying on you to make some good progress. I did wear them non stop for a good 1.5 months at the end of last year and I've gotten good creases in them but no dent in the fading yet. So back to this business of the 19oz Onis...I mentioned this in the other thread but why do you think discussion of these took off here but not of those special limited edition Kicking Mules? We just like Onis better here?

fit of the Oni purple is better IMO. Color is a bit more uneven in the Oni's as well. Because the PBJ AIs are washed, they seem to be slubbier, but the Oni's raw are very slubby and am pretty certain that when washed, they'll beat the PBJ's out. Oni's color is a bit darker and again, more uneven. It's really a complete toss up on these 2. Since the PBJ's are 18.5oz, the fit would probably be the determining factor b/w the 2. Again, it would be a privledge to own either one, both would be amazing

damn, just found these jeans at the BiG online store under PBJ (wtf?!), too nice, now I have to decide between these, the jomons, or the 001's... damn... tough one, lol...

fuck, are they really sold out already? website saids sold out... it can't be...

It was preorder only, and preorders closed back in December as far as I know. Maybe they'll have some in store once they receive their stock.

The fit of the Oni is going to be the loosest of the three though. I'd probably go with PBJ or Jomon just because I don't like to deal with the uncertainties of raw versus one wash. I've yet to see the Jomon in person though, so I have my doubts as to whether the denim is unique enough for the price.

hard to spend that much without having seen any of the 3 pairs... so they have the purple selvage ones at BiG? maybe i'll jetBlue out to BiG and 45rpm...

can't help you with the oni's but... if you want a slim pair, darker pair go with the jomons. if you want something louder (thick, two-toned stitching), super textured denim, a lighter indigo, and noticeably unique, go with the pbj's. i personally do not like those oni's much from the pictures.