BS United Oni Denim Pics

john11f

10.5 is skin tight for me(and uncomfortable :P). So if the size chart from BiG is accurate the 28 will have a 11.5 thigh after soak/wash so i will be fine. Tnx.

If you are looking for a roomy thigh and a taper i think your best bet will be the 502ZR. Is has the biggest thigh measurements of them all.

Edited by rickstarr

Hi guys! What you mind about Oni heavyweight denim, for example ONI-546, ONI-575. How about a comparison with Samurai 710 19 oz.? My size is W31 (for Samurai 710), what about the size of ONI?

• 2 weeks later...

Getting a bit concerned regarding the durability of my 517s. Had them a few months only wearing jeans 3 times a week due to work and in rotation with my SDA and it appears a tiny hole may be forming from where I carry my phone in my front pocket. Flipped them inside out after spotting a couple of busted threads around a high contrast spot and found a tiny hole right through the pocket bag.

In the wash now after a weekend in Amsterdam so will post pics when dry.

^Happened to my PBJ XX-012 after ~8 months as well. It's an easy fix though, just patch the pocket back up. It's definitely a high stress point on any pair, with phones going in/out of the pocket a lot and phones not getting smaller at the moment.

EDIT: Of course it sucks that it has happened so fast.

Edited by Frost

My old iPhone5 would shred pocket bags and the denim in no less than 2 months.  I started to try and get ahead of it by taking some of the hem scraps and just getting some fabric glue and reinforcing the area.  Luckily my Galaxy 6 doesn't seem to exhibit the same hatred towards pants.

Received my oni-502zr in a 29 raw today and i need a little advice.

This is my first raw and these are the pre soak measurements:

Waist: 32
Frise: 9,2
Brise: 13
Thigh: 11.4
Knee: 7.5
Hem: 6.6
Inseam: 34.4

Pre soak fit:

GlNav3a.jpg?1

vmeVAZL.jpg?1

ztB1M8j.jpg?1

qrqoL8X.jpg?1

Fabric should shrink 6-8 %. Will i be able to make this work with a really hot soak or do i need to size down?

For comparison these are the current measurements of my pbj xx-012 that are a little bit big in the waist but the rest fits perfect:

Waist: 31
Frise: 8.8
Brise: 13.5
Thigh:  10.6
Knee:6.8
Hem: 6.6
Inseam: 33.8

Ok i am returning it for a smaller pair. Tnx for the advice guys.

I think i already knew i had to return them for a smaller size but had to step over the disappointment of returning them.

But getting stuck with a pair of jeans that do not fit after a soak would be a bigger disappointment.

Return them, you'll have to boil them to death to get that waist band snug in my opinion. Better to return than be stuck with them to big. Even if you returned and the size down felt small at least you'd know which way to go. Have you compared to the one wash measurements as they usually represent max shrinkage

Yes i have compared the one wash measurements. From hem to thigh the measurements of the 28 and 29 are almost identical

Only the top block should be smaller. So i am going to return them. I have created a return request for the 29 and ordered the 28.

Hi guys !

I'm looking to buy a pair of 502zr but the size seems to be very confusing.

Currently im wearing a pair of Momotaro 0305 tag size 31 the waist measured 32.

Should I go for size 28 or 29 in Oni ?

I've read that they stretched quite a lot to the pre-soak measurement which the tag size 28 is measured 32 pre-soak (BIG size chart).

If It stretched that much the 29 will probably be too loose after a few wears post-soak right ?

Edited by Gunzilla

Received my 502zr in a size 28 today. Here are the pre soak measurements

Waist 31

Frontrise 9.3

Backrise 12.8

Thigh 11.2

Knee 7.6

Hem 6.6

Inseam 34.2

Pre soak pictures

TMyWDKQ.jpg

UGlLVCF.jpg

6nssytE.jpg

It is now soaking will post the measurements and pictures after the soak.

So i did a two hour hot soak yesterday and this is the result.

Post soak measurents:

Waist: 29.9

Frise 8.8

Brise: 12.2

Thigh: 10.8

Knee: 7.4

Hem: 6.5

Inseam: 32.6

Post soak pictures:

7WhqLj6.jpg

hSnC3Zy.jpg

7FTWt7W.jpg