BS United Oni Denim Pics

john11f

Saw these the other day too, here's the links to the photos.

Type II: https://instagram.com/p/1JdY7VG6uA/?taken-by=blueingreensoho

Type III: https://instagram.com/p/1JcEROG6rO/?taken-by=blueingreensoho

I'd be interested in the type II since I've been digging that style of jacket lately!

• 2 weeks later...

Took some pictures after 4 weeks of wearing the Onis. Not sure why we haven't seen too many people with mega-faded pairs; these seem like they have potential to be the single fastest fading pair I've ever owned. I've decided not to enter them into the DWC, as two years is just too long for me to keep a pair of jeans going with all of my outdoors activity. These seem well made, but I want to have the option of getting a new pair 12 or 18 months down the line when they're inevitably destroyed beyond the point of repair.

16542600453_22814d82f9_c.jpg

16976593869_40be0c69c4_b.jpg

First ski day in them was a couple weeks ago in very slushy Spring conditions at Deer Valley:

16594287393_76a9378179_c.jpg

16594298363_4863c721f3_c.jpg

17026960810_a888cca4ac_c.jpg

17026963370_afa3b0628d_c.jpg

17214576075_3b7757daca_b.jpg

16594384533_f73848bf07_b.jpg

Now that the lower altitude Park City resorts are closed for the season, I'll be getting in probably two more days at Alta and then, if I'm lucky, a half dozen at Snowbird before they close in a month.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone have fit pics or sizing info (stretching in the waist specifically) on the 575SV's?  

Interested in grabbing a pair but I'm unsure about the waist measurement.  BiG lists it as 32" for size 32, but I'm unsure whether that's 100% accurate.  I wear a 31 in N&F Elephant 2 WG's for reference with about an inch to spare in the waist, if that helps at all.  

those are once washed so shrink should be minimal.  I would hit up BiG and ask about stretch, because while the shrink should be non existent, they might stretch up to an inch if enough pressure is put on the waist.  In my experience (not with Oni but Full Count) I sized down one because the thigh and rise were still ok and going in I knew the waist would stretch out easily.  

Okay, cool, thanks guys!  So basically what you're saying is that if I currently wear jeans with about a 33.5" waist (rough measurement I just took) and have a bit of room to spare, a size 32 with a 32" waist wouldn't be awful?

you'll be good with that.

Does anyone have experience with N&F Weird guy fit?  I find if I go true to size on the waist then the thighs/crotch are too tight.  I have decided Oni, eithers 16.5oz or Secret Denim 20oz will be my new pair but I want to make sure on the fit.  I like a tapered style but there has to be more room in the top block.  From what I have researched the 517 looks as though it could work great, the 512 could be a git too tight.  Does anyone have experience with these cuts? 

2 1/2 - ish months in, new awesome camera phone (LG G4) with pretty true color (just darker than IRL). These jeans are going to fade crazy fast.

18636074216_bd6829f4c8_c.jpg

18041740483_257f50ab47_z.jpg

18474675650_df4ae273dc_z.jpg

18474694760_4c9256193c_z.jpg

18664703601_8bcb0a3619_z.jpg

Sadly, these don't seem like they're going to last super long without tearing. My cuff is already ripping slightly on the back of both legs.

18664771401_e1e8e404d4_b.jpg

18664707311_a77a4482f6_c.jpg

Still, I love the texture and am excited as to what these will look like after even 6-9 months, as these seem to be much faster fading than my last two pairs (Samurai 710 and PBJ 013).

^which type is that?

the fading is pretty fast tho, what are you doing in them?

I'm kind of curious about how an Oni will look like if it's contrast faded, since I've never seen one that's really contrast, mostly vintage pairs

Yeah, they're the 20 oz secret denim. I live in Salt Lake City, UT and spend a ton of my free time in the mountains here. Today, for example, my fiancee and I woke up early, hiked halfway up Solitude Ski Resort, and played 18 holes of disc golf back down the mountain before going to work. I hike a lot, ski in my jeans a lot (granted, only 2 or 3 times in these so far), and play a ridiculous amount of disc golf these days, so I'm pretty active. No jeans here, but these pics from this morning give an idea of the terrain I spend my free time in:

18493587428_32077b2c78_z.jpg18655378536_c11d27dc62_c.jpg

Edited by cander49

After a long weekend in the mountains... Got to say that I'm pretty disappointed in the apparent lack of quality. This has happened on both cuffs simultaneously.

18797866606_a5b3b5be85_c.jpg

OMFG

--> http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/hinoya/item/oni-02527zr/

i can not even articulate how much the idea of such a jacket drives me nuts...........

even though i am not such a fan of denim jackets, this one is just too good to let it pass!!!

I've been on the lookout for the type II variant that's also supposedly coming out myself...

that is going to be a cool one, I can not really determine if I prefer the type II or III. the type II design is rarer, but in the end it really only comes down to the measurements..

I go and ask the people at hinoya if they can save/reserve one for me as an early birthday gift, so far they are the epitome in service. maybe I am lucky, one or the other way

The Type II looks really tempting indeed.

@ Cander: Would you really deem it low Quality or have they just been worn with a too long cuff? I walked with a too long cuff on my new Eternal 888 in the rain for 30 minutes and got rips too. Have worn them for months after that and the denim held up perfectly.

Edited by Max Power

The Type II looks really tempting indeed.

@ Cander: Would you really deem it low Quality or have they just been worn with a too long cuff? I walked with a too long cuff on my new Eternal 888 in the rain for 30 minutes and got rips too. Have worn them for months after that and the denim held up perfectly.

Honestly, I'm really disappointed to say that I think it's just the denim quality. The cuff isn't low enough to ever drag on the ground. It hits low on the ankle but never touches the ground or gets trampled in any way. I would think that maybe I had just dragged them somehow, but the crotch already looks somewhat thin too, and it appears that it will rip in under 6 months. I sized up to keep the crotch/waist/upper legs loose (prefer a loose fit up top), so no high quality denim should be ripping in under 6 months with that kind of fit. I was astonished when I got them in. They were always soft, never stiff, and just don't feel very thick for 21 oz. To be honest, I was kind of doubting that they were anywhere near 21 oz, just since my 19 oz Samurais seemed so much thicker and more heavy duty. I love the texture of these jeans and love the fit, so if I have to retire them after a year, I won't be super disappointed, but if the goal is to spend a few hundred dollars on a pair that will last a few years, this is just not the right pair to get. I think I'll try the 24 oz 710s that you guys are talking about on the Samurai thread or some Ironhearts next time out.

@Cander. Is your pair the 20oz secret denim? It's a shame if the quality isn't up to the standard us denimheads expect.  ONI Denim  is favourite brand.  For mine they have a good mix of cuts and denim. I have 3 pairs of ONIs;  271XX, 527OR and 517XXBE.  My 271XX has seen the most wear and is holding up really well.  No signs of crotch rip.  I believe they are better quality compared to my Samurais.  But all my raws are special in their own way.

Honestly, I'm really disappointed to say that I think it's just the denim quality. The cuff isn't low enough to ever drag on the ground. It hits low on the ankle but never touches the ground or gets trampled in any way. I would think that maybe I had just dragged them somehow, but the crotch already looks somewhat thin too, and it appears that it will rip in under 6 months. I sized up to keep the crotch/waist/upper legs loose (prefer a loose fit up top), so no high quality denim should be ripping in under 6 months with that kind of fit. I was astonished when I got them in. They were always soft, never stiff, and just don't feel very thick for 21 oz. To be honest, I was kind of doubting that they were anywhere near 21 oz, just since my 19 oz Samurais seemed so much thicker and more heavy duty. I love the texture of these jeans and love the fit, so if I have to retire them after a year, I won't be super disappointed, but if the goal is to spend a few hundred dollars on a pair that will last a few years, this is just not the right pair to get. I think I'll try the 24 oz 710s that you guys are talking about on the Samurai thread or some Ironhearts next time out.

I was exactly the same when I got mine. Was convinced they weren't 20oz lol