BS United Oni Denim Pics

john11f

Got my Aizumi 902s today. Nice fabric and fit is really great. I plan to get a bluer pair in 902 now. Perhaps my favourite fit of all the Japanese jeans I've owned....

EDIT - have to say, I'm really curious about how these will fade. Have there been any Aizumi fade pictures posted yet?

Edited by viv1984viv

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/09/2018 at 8:08 PM, viv1984viv said:

Got my Aizumi 902s today. Nice fabric and fit is really great. I plan to get a bluer pair in 902 now. Perhaps my favourite fit of all the Japanese jeans I've owned....

EDIT - have to say, I'm really curious about how these will fade. Have there been any Aizumi fade pictures posted yet?

Nice. I really like them too. I'm still working on the shin secret denim, so haven't given the Aizumi much time. Next year, perhaps.

My review of the Aizumi:

https://indigoshrimp.wordpress.com/2018/04/24/oni-denim-622-aizumi-jeans-review/

aZoKXfq.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I've been wearing my Aizumis non-stop for a couple of weeks. Biking, walking, living the hardcore active life of a 45-year old Canadian.

No fades to speak of. Nothing. 

It's actually kind of annoying.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, my eye has been wandering again, and Oni's handmade collection is looking mighty nice. It seems like a somewhat regular special edition that they do, always with the same styling. I'm a big fan of the felled/french seams and single stitch construction - I've only seen those details on Ande Whall and Stevenson before. The back pocket stitching and curved top also have real Stevenson vibes, which I'm 100% behind.

@mikecch How has your pair of the hand made Oni's come along since 2010? You seem to have the only pair I found in a quick thread search. Or does anyone else have experience with them and their construction?

Also, any advice on fabrics? It appears that Denimio has some left in my size from a previous year using Oni's original 14oz denim, and there's a new version this year using Oni's refreshed version of the 17oz XX denim (dubbed NXX, apparently). I have no idea how the NXX denim has supposedly changed from the old 16.5 oz XX, and honestly it's been ages since I've felt either in person.

I have a very boring cut question I'd like someone more savvy than I to weigh in on.

I like the fit of my 902s, but rather than get the exact same cut I'm tempted by the ONI-246ZR-DGC 20oz.

On denimio 246 rise looks higher than the 902 'High Rise' model....

What am I missing? How does the 246 fit?

On 06/11/2018 at 12:54 PM, FeloniousMonk said:

How has your pair of the hand made Oni's come along since 2010? You seem to have the only pair I found in a quick thread search. Or does anyone else have experience with them and their construction?

Also, any advice on fabrics? It appears that Denimio has some left in my size from a previous year using Oni's original 14oz denim, and there's a new version this year using Oni's refreshed version of the 17oz XX denim (dubbed NXX, apparently). I have no idea how the NXX denim has supposedly changed from the old 16.5 oz XX, and honestly it's been ages since I've felt either in person.

Hey, I really enjoy the looser fit from time to time, and also the unusual stitching details.

This particular 14 oz loose weave denim is one of my fav, very comfortable, though I don't think it is available anymore.

The NXX is a different beast from the old 14 oz. Much denser and breathes less, but not a bad fabric at all.

I hope they release another HM next year with secret denim.

Edited by mikecch

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after more than a full month of daily wear - at least 10k biking a day + three full washes, my Aizumis are starting to show some colour. 

IMG_0010.thumb.jpeg.7afde357a6a517adb86921b93086396c.jpegIMG_0011.thumb.jpeg.2f4c98c6e9cfc118928393a29580f82a.jpegIMG_0012.thumb.jpeg.b7cc30ac9312cf52add9bcad55d93f1d.jpeg

Edited by zwer

• 2 months later...

Anyone bought the 622ZR-AIZXBK 20OZ SECRET AIZUMI X BLACK RELAXED TAPERED Or the 902ZR-AIZXBK 20OZ SECRET AIZUMI X BLACK HIGH RISE RELAXED TAPERED yet?

looking for a really dark/black pair and these may fit the bill.

• 2 weeks later...

On 1/27/2019 at 6:39 PM, Geeman said:

Anyone bought the 622ZR-AIZXBK 20OZ SECRET AIZUMI X BLACK RELAXED TAPERED Or the 902ZR-AIZXBK 20OZ SECRET AIZUMI X BLACK HIGH RISE RELAXED TAPERED yet?

looking for a really dark/black pair and these may fit the bill.

also interested in these 2, want a black pair of jeans for work. whats the difference between the two cuts, they both seem to be heavily tappered. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/11/2019 at 9:56 AM, Geeman said:

Correction. ...

90ZR-AIZXBK secret denim arrive from being hemmed tomorrow. Haven't worn black jeans since school!

Kind of a revival but how do you like them? Not a huge fan of ONI but want a nice tapered all black pair and measurement wise, these seem to fit the bill.

I have them and they are great jeans. The black/ blue almost hides the slub and detail Oni are known for. The secret denim is their best denim IMO.

Don't expect the quick fades Oni usually give, the black over blue really holds on to the dye. Which is a bonus as I wasn't a great fan of how my 16oz Oni denim faded.

6 hours ago, Geeman said:

I have them and they are great jeans. The black/ blue almost hides the slub and detail Oni are known for. The secret denim is their best denim IMO.

Don't expect the quick fades Oni usually give, the black over blue really holds on to the dye. Which is a bonus as I wasn't a great fan of how my 16oz Oni denim faded.

I was about to say I thought they were black/black jeans but looks like I mixed those up with the ONI-902ZR-BKBK. Oops haha, well good to hear they're quite nice! I was looking at the ONI-902ZR-BKBK for a nice black/black pair but kind of wish they weren't 20oz. Apprecaite the info!

• 2 months later...

Thinking of picking up a pair in the Kiraku denim for this summer. What's the sizing advice on these? Do they stretch significantly due to the loose weave and light weight? I'm thinking of the 206s and looking at measurements I could either go true to size or size down one if tend to stretch out a lot.

I have those - great for summer and really intriguing as it looks very heavy. I went true to size which has panned out well as it makes for a proper regular straight fit. They definitely have some give but I haven't experienced loose of shape. Sizing down would probably make for more of a straight slim fit.