BS United Oni Denim Pics

john11f

• 1 month later...

About 19 weeks of progress on my 546zr Black Secret Denim Oni’s. These are entered in DWC2 so cant wait to see how these turn out in 2 years.

Also just got on Friday the new Aizumi’s to add into the rotation. You can see the color against the black 546’s...they are inky but not black. Will be a fun wear as well. 

Mike

B4C4478E-3D6E-43CB-A543-0A5DFADF72DA.jpeg

C098C3E7-8ED5-4B32-8DAE-E7EFEA346E03.jpeg

2 hours ago, dau said:

any words on denim itself?

Not to be cast with any stones but there is only subtle differences between their normal 16oz denim. Construction was no noticeable difference from any other Oni denim in the same price range. As of now, Weft is beige instead of white, indigo went for a black dye process after it was dope dyed. Now there was mostly likely a lot of work put into the process but that is lost in translation to the consumer. Which will all add into the fading experience. The denim visually does not look any slubbier or any more texture to it. Hardware was powder coated black and a few different colors in threading used. 

To answer it simply, are they better than Oni’s Secret Denim, Indigo or Black, no. Are they a good pair of Jose I’m to purchase if you would like to start a fade project for 2018 on a reasonable priced pair of overdyed denim, yes.  Now if the process they did for these jeans transfers to the Secret Denim, then we have something special. 

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 25/04/2018 at 6:32 AM, tooth said:

How are you all sizing the Aizumi? I usually wear a 31, but going from measurements on Denimio it looks like I should / could go with a 28... any thoughts / suggestions? Thanks!

Best ask Denimio staff for sizing advice since they gaurantee free exchange if they suggest a size and it doesn't fit you.

All Oni models are sized differently. I got the Aizumi 622 cut in a 29. Whereas l got the 575 cut size 31 and a 271 cut size 28.

15 hours ago, iBlackDan6 said:

Best ask Denimio staff for sizing advice since they gaurantee free exchange if they suggest a size and it doesn't fit you.

All Oni models are sized differently. I got the Aizumi 622 cut in a 29. Whereas l got the 575 cut size 31 and a 271 cut size 28.

Awesome - thanks for the input. I went with a 28, but, as is always the case, getting them on will be the true test.

• 2 weeks later...

(First post!) Just picked up my first pair if ONI (Aizumi 622) ... So inky & slubby...

Interesting the comments on the ONI's being less durable due to looser weaves etc... In my experience, most denim I've owned has only lasted 12-18 months with 3-4 wears a week. Japan Blue, Warehouse, Sugar Cane, Tellason etc.. all of them have had similar patterns of deterioration, crotch blowout then mobile pocket tear etc.. 

Looking forward to breaking in these ONI's :)

18 hours ago, chambo2008 said:

Oni black 20oz type 3 jacket, will it fade or stay black?

the one that is secret denim black/black version? as I understood it should fade to grey (seen faded jeans from this denim), that's why I bought one (no fade yet)

7 hours ago, dau said:

the one that is secret denim black/black version? as I understood it should fade to grey (seen faded jeans from this denim), that's why I bought one (no fade yet)

Kinda want a no fade, so guessing iron heart would be the one to go for 

• 1 month later...

Looking at Oni 612-Old 14 Jeans as my first pair of Oni denim. Is it fair to expect they stretch back out to tag size after all the initial washing and shrinkage?It seems they vanity size as tag size 35 is listed as 38.6" on denimio. If this is correct and they stretch back out, it would be perfect. Else, I could size up to 36.

https://www.denimio.com/sizechart/index/chart/id/103508/

Edited by i_denim

Oni have a lot of stretch and are sized well under tag size. From experience the 14oz denim is not that durable, the 16oz is better and doesn't feel any heavier to wear. 

Thanks @Geeman. My heart says to go for the slubby/neppy Oni pair but my head is saying to go with Warehouse 900 for the banner denim. I will post later tonight as to who won the game. Oni looks almost like PBJ, irregular/hairy and everything I seem to like. Denimio also threw in a free size exchange offer to make it more tempting.

How is everybody coping with Oni having only low rise jeans? Their jeans seem pretty popular on this thread and I haven't read about anybody complaining about the rise being terribly low. However, when I look at the measurements on Denimio, most Oni pairs have a rise not more than 10 inches. 

I finally fit into my Aizumis, just in time for summer.

Yay to losing weight, boo to being a fat bastard to begin with.

Low rise is fine, but like anything else, if you don't feel comfortable wearing it, then don't. Otherwise you look like a trend following idiot.

12 hours ago, zwer said:

I finally fit into my Aizumis, just in time for summer.

Yay to losing weight, boo to being a fat bastard to begin with.

Low rise is fine, but like anything else, if you don't feel comfortable wearing it, then don't. Otherwise you look like a trend following idiot.

Thanks man. I don't know what trend are they part of LOL. I am just very interested in their loose weave slubby denim. I guess I will never know how I feel about a low rise till I get one. Pulling the trigger on a pair of Oni's then.

Edited by i_denim

• 1 month later...