BS United Oni Denim Pics

john11f

Get them to confirm measurements from an actual pair laid flat as their sizing  charts are rarely accurate. I wear 31 in nearly every brand I've tried and could have sized down 1 if the front rise would have allowed. There's ample stretch in them.

On 3/19/2017 at 9:52 PM, Geeman said:

Get them to confirm measurements from an actual pair laid flat as their sizing  charts are rarely accurate. I wear 31 in nearly every brand I've tried and could have sized down 1 if the front rise would have allowed. There's ample stretch in them.

thanks on the advice

• 3 weeks later...

just picked up type 2 17oz deep indigo jacket one wash, Should i soak it? I see some wrinkling/folding fades from the industrial wash but do you guys think the shrink is all out? I only will wash it in cold water so if any shrinkage is left i don't think cold water will affect it. But what do you guys think?

Pointless.ONI do a good shrinkage.

A further slight shrinkage is possible after wash after prolonged wear (in very hot water in a machine wash,drying near heat sources, etc.)

You can wet and gently dry it (if the existing is not satisfied).

^^ thanks dude, First Oni piece i own. Also first time buying a "one wash" version of a un-sanforized garment. :D

A couple of pics of my Oni 546ZRNA with about a year of wear and around 3 washes. The secret denim fabric really is pretty cool and these have softened up so much it's incredible. I'll try and get some fit pics up soon too. 

Thinking about sending them to indigoproof soon to get a few holes on the cuff fixed and some wear on the front and back pockets fixed up. 

RCIEhcv.jpgsCIe35f.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/31/2016 at 6:43 PM, Alan_watts said:

4B883F47-387F-4683-B32F-AA2B17C87E5E_zps

38C70DF6-41B9-49FF-A28A-5FAC4C7C8219_zps

These are fantastic. Makes me remember my first days of denim addiction when well-fitted and well-faded denim like this remained a distant aspiration.

On 7/31/2016 at 7:03 PM, dudewuttheheck said:

I was about to say that I have heard from a lot of people that Samurais do not hold up that well, but they use all cotton construction on purpose. Some brands specifically are not made to hold up and be super durable, that doesn't necessarily mean they are of poor quality.

Politely disagree. Both my Sams held up amazingly well even after 6+ years of regular wear in the cooler months. The only flaw was my own neglect of maintenance. I must have sewn repairs on one pair at least seven times. Even good denim requires occasion proactive damage-control before loose stitching, holes in crotch or on pocket openings start to deteriorate beyond repair. Regular inspection before and after a wash is a good time to catch it.

As for all-cotton, you'll find that almost all good selvage denim uses all-cotton stitching. Denim, like wool or leather has it's inherent character defects, regardless of denim weight. if you know what these are and how to treat them, you're golden. My only advice is to always have a sewing kit handy with gold and indigo thread, and be prepared to use it at first sign of loss of integrity.

On 2/21/2017 at 10:02 PM, LordDingle said:

Oh boy oh boy oh boy.........just got these in the mail!!

My first pair of Oni jeans ever! 22 oz, stands on its own

IMG_0386 2.JPG

Hahah! I love doing that shit. 

3 hours ago, mlyngard said:

Politely disagree. Both my Sams held up amazingly well even after 6+ years of regular wear in the cooler months. The only flaw was my own neglect of maintenance. I must have sewn repairs on one pair at least seven times. Even good denim requires occasion proactive damage-control before loose stitching, holes in crotch or on pocket openings start to deteriorate beyond repair. Regular inspection before and after a wash is a good time to catch it.

As for all-cotton, you'll find that almost all good selvage denim uses all-cotton stitching. Denim, like wool or leather has it's inherent character defects, regardless of denim weight. if you know what these are and how to treat them, you're golden. My only advice is to always have a sewing kit handy with gold and indigo thread, and be prepared to use it at first sign of loss of integrity.

I have no experience with Samurai at all. I'm just saying what others have told me. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Washed these again last they got a little too dirty laying some stones in the backyard to keep the puppy from digging. 

These have been worn on and off for about 3 months and I’ve washed them twice in the machine on top of a hot hand wash to shrink them initially. The two machine washes were with thunder soap and no spin cycle. Probably will not be washing these again till they start to really fade or they get really dirty. Anyway here are a few pictures since there aren’t really a lot out there of this fabric. 

https://i.imgur.com/1KKMtTR.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/YWhAvyZ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Vm9OO6W.jpg

These next three are probably the most accurate color wise. 

https://i.imgur.com/BQ932SP.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/MTJr9rm.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/JFkMyiJ.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I'm kind of a sucker for indigo indigo, so when I saw I could get the jacket below at around 30% off (on denimio), I didn't hesitate. Never thought my first type 2 would be from Oni, but there you go.

It's a really smart looking jacket. It's all tonal stitched and even the deerskin patch is dyed in indigo! It's made of duck canvas as opposed to Oni's usual offering of slubby denim, so that adds to its smart look.

The fit is great apart from the small sleeve openings. Have to undo the cuff buttons, which is not a problem, but it's just odd it's that small compared with rest of the arm. Anyway, I can wear it over t-shirt and button up if I wanted or even wear over one of Iron Heart's UHF shirts (and not button up). Looks great either way.

02517_HOX_pic2.png

02517_HOX_pic3.png

02517_HOX_pic4.png