BS United Oni Denim Pics

john11f

If you compare Unbranded 401 and Oni 612idid you need a size 30,if you "gained weight",it is better 31,size 32 I think too much.

Really? Denimio measurements say the 30 has a waist of 31.5 for the one wash version. The UB401 in 31 has a waist of 32 (mine have stretched a bit but are currently too tight). Will the Oni's stretch 2 inches in the waist?

Edited by Guest

Not certain that will stretch 2 inches (3-4cm).

In this case it is better to buy a size 31,however, there is another important parameter-to-hip ratio,another parameter is how tightly/in a relaxed way you like to wear.

Edited by kukupoint

Not certain that will stretch 2 inches (3-4cm).In this case it is better to buy a size 31,however, there is another important parameter-to-hip ratio,another parameter is how tightly/in a relaxed way you like to wear.

I like them as tight as possible without being uncomfortable. Nothing looks worse on me than saggy ass jeans. I'm tall and skinny.

You can try to request it in a shop,have them check raw-85cm do ? Then carefully dunk,gradually,to consider the obtained results IMHO.

Council of the absolute is impossible,I think it's good to try size 30.....but I went for a different model,-516 despite the difficulty choosing the right size,I think it is more balanced fit.

Conclusion:

to make a request to the shop for measurements of raw models

1.model 612 size 30

2.model 516 size (maybe) 32,33

It's not an absolute,it's just reflections

P.S.

Sorry,perhaps poorly understood in English (see signature)

Edited by kukupoint

Picked up the new Oni 612idid. By far the most tapered jeans I've ever had. I would probably do better with the 516 version. The measurements were far smaller than denimio. Inseam was 2" shorter pre soak than denimio listed and same with big. Hem shrunk down 1" more than expected.

zIOj3Fs.jpg

iT0YXDl.jpg

If the denim is the same as the 517 (14oz) then they will stretch a lot.  At least they did for me.

Edited by Babyson

The onis stretched back to raw in the waist quickly

I actually sold these off to a friend and got the 516 in a size bigger. It works better for me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Compared with new jeans from PBJ:

28656604655_c5a82b5c09_b.jpg

28039553314_b83203ceb6_b.jpg

28624243306_06d7e58135_b.jpg

28039553034_338f296c15_b.jpg

The durability of these has been pretty awful. About 14 months of wear, and I can count, on quick glance, 26 difference places where they've torn. Sad to say, but would not buy again. Thankfully, my wife is good with a sewing machine and repaired most of the tears for me. I had her skip the tear on the upper left of the right back pocket because it was getting awfully close to the rivet (she pulls the pocket off from the bottom, leaving the rivets intact, stitches into the patch, and then stitches the pocket back down, so this upper one would be a huge pain in the ass). Also, the hems tore through badly on the fold (rolled high enough that they weren't getting stepped on, so IDK how this got so bad) within the first few months and I just never did anything about it.

Edited by cander49

Thanks. I really like the fit of them, but there's definitely a trade-off; the slubby, uneven secret denim is a lot less durable. I'd figured it would be a little less durable than most, but it's really not even close. My last pair (Samurai 710) were worn much, much harder than these have been, and they weren't even close to this level of damage until 18-20 months.

You've beat the crap out of those, and maybe it's just me... But the denim doesn't look that great? There's not really any variation in it at all, it just all turned white.

Yeah, agreed. They're kind of just plain. Haha.

ONIs are fast faders. Great for less active people trying to achieve sick fades. Not great for durability.

They're not even sick fades though haha... they're super plain. Classic "fades=looks good" fallacy... Oni kind of encapsulates the worst thing about raw denim...

Personally I've got a secret denim jacket which is maybe the better way to go with that material-- much less likely to get the same kind of heavy wear, and it has held up nicely so far. Also have their khakis and really no complaints about quality at all. I totally get being disappointed if you're expecting it to hold up to heavy use, but I wouldn't count them out completely. Just depends on what you do with it...

I haven't really had any heavy use in these. The hem folds tore through under pretty inactive daily wear after a few months. I took my Samurai 710s skiing strenuously over 100 times, hiking strenuously (at least several thousand feet of elevation gain per hike) dozens of times, and up and down every step of Mt Kilimanjaro, and they weren't this ruined until 18-20 months. I've done very little that was actually active in these Oni jeans and they're still pretty ruined. They don't just not hold up to heavy use; they really don't hold up to any use.

I remember you posting after only a couple months that the hem folds had worn through. I'd be pissed off too with that kind of premature wear. Maybe a bad run of denim, or perhaps this secret denim may be a product of artifice. Hard to say for sure.

Mmm...I have no experience with the new secret denim, but this is rather strange.

Maybe the weave is too loose?

It would be interesting to hear how you wash your jeans.

I have two pairs of Oni jeans, both pre-2011. No problems with these.

Edited by mikecch

I had a pair of the 14oz and they felt flimsy and started to develop a blowout from my phone in my pocket in a couple of weeks. I have the 16oz now and they feel much better construction wise, time will tell.

I had a pair of the 14oz and they felt flimsy and started to develop a blowout from my phone in my pocket in a couple of weeks.

That definitely sounds like bad news.

Did you soak or wash the jeans before wearing?

My experience is that the loose weave denim, when first soaked, really tightens up.