BS United Oni Denim Pics

john11f

From my experience OR usually means raw / unwashed.

Also I might grab a pair of Oni denim sometime in the near future, the secret denim looks interesting.

The beige weft reminds me of the Fullcount wild cotton models a bit.

Edited by Broark

Not sure on the OR, but again its the code for the olive secret denim fabric.

I don't think theres any coding for the washes with ONI because they sell everything one-wash by default (especially in japan). I know some international retailers ask for non-washed instead but the majority of jeans they produce are one-wash.

• 3 weeks later...

I took some photos of my Oni527 today. Worn for about 8 months now, they've had many hand-washes in the bath. They have become one of my favorite pairs because of the amazing texture and low tension weave. I am really looking forward to checking out the natural indigo 22oz kabuki fabric. 

15967781601_54052f7245_c.jpg

I took some photos of my Oni527 today. Worn for about 8 months now, they've had many hand-washes in the bath. They have become one of my favorite pairs because of the amazing texture and low tension weave. I am really looking forward to checking out the natural indigo 22oz kabuki fabric. 

Those look great.  I'm slowly working on a pair of the 527's as well.  The slubbiness ia crazy on these.

• 4 weeks later...

Really love all the texture and character in that denim, looking great.

Which model is it? The next time I go to Japan I'm considering getting some Onis.

It looks like the Oni Denim ONI-527ZR.  20oz low tension secret denim.  I bought a pair of these from Blue in Green.  The slubbyness of this denim is crazy.  It's the most uneven varied denim I have on any of my jeans.  I bought mine raw.  They were a little stiff for the 1st day or so but have softened up over time.  The beige weft threads really show through on this denim.  I would also say the shade of blue on this denim is lighter than a lot of the other Japanese denim (Iron Heart, Strike Gold, Samurai etc.)  I wear a size 36 and found the fit to be a good middle of the road slim tapper fit.  There is good room in the thighs (12.9) and tapers down nicely to the leg opening (8.2).

IMG_2414_zps2fddf162.jpg

IMG_2415_zpsaa7e4220.jpg

It looks like the Oni Denim ONI-527ZR

Yep, that's right! I can't believe I'm saying this, but I can't wait for HWDC2 to be over, just so I can wear these.

Edited by cander49

I was considering ordering those before, when I was looking for some nice olive-colored pants; interested to see how they'll fade.

I have a pair.  I have not seen much fading but the fit is great and the denim has a lot of texture. Very comfortable for a 20oz denim.  The Olive color is a nice change away from dark denim.  It matches up nicely with a denim jacket and lighter colored footwear that you don't want to stain.

I have a pair.  I have not seen much fading but the fit is great and the denim has a lot of texture. Very comfortable for a 20oz denim.  The Olive color is a nice change away from dark denim.  It matches up nicely with a denim jacket and lighter colored footwear that you don't want to stain.

Definitely loads of texture, Oni's secret denim is the neppiest denim I've ever seen.  That combo looks great - something I think I'll be wearing a lot once the PBJ contest ends.

wN2fUIh.jpg

Definitely loads of texture, Oni's secret denim is the neppiest denim I've ever seen.  That combo looks great - something I think I'll be wearing a lot once the PBJ contest ends.

Perfect color combo Jamie.

I didn't go back too too far in this thread, but what does the BE model name represent? I just ordered some 512xxBE from Rakuten, I'm guessing just the same fit as the xx but with arcuates?

Just got an email back from Hinoya- they're confirming it's the same fit and everything + arcuates. Edited by mp201

• 4 weeks later...

527's came in today. Not too thrilled with the pre-soak fit, but we'll see how they turn out. They're a lot straighter than I was imagining. Also they're not nearly as slubby as the XX's I had (as you can see above), which is surprising.

mel4pXZ.jpg

Edited by mp201

Just yesterday I picked up a pair of ONI-546. The 22oz is unreal, just so rigid. I sized up to 32 raw from 30 on my 527 after trying on the 546 32 o/w. Hot soaked twice, last night and this morning. Still thinking there is definitely more shrinkage to get out but I am pretty happy post fit wise. Anyways, some pics of these demons. 

16309562729_10ec16be8b_c.jpg

drying setup

16309563279_4aee6da8d2_b.jpg

pre/post soak fit

16495770975_c5722c1458_b.jpg

second hot soak fit

16494765272_a20a35a955_b.jpg