BS United Oni Denim Pics

john11f

It's been about 8 months since I've gotten my ONI 527s from BiG and I just got them hemmed. I've decided I'm going to be giving them their first wash soon so I'll try to get before and after pics up as soon as I can.

HAhA!! Victory, finally getting them to post. I don't know why I had so much trouble getting them up, but no matter. These are my Oni 527s that I got back in August. I haven't been able to wear them to work, but I've worn them every opportunity otherwise. They've had a pre-soak and a soak in the shower about two months ago. I also recently got them hemmed at BiG  so no roping. Here's a crap quality fit pic from a couple of months ago as well. I'll be throwing them in the washer so more pics to come.

20140221_210857_zps1850b912.jpg

Edited by thebottomclef

I would like to think that it's got less slub compared to the Oni Blues but a grainier, neppy texture -especially after washing them. The pics don't quite do it justice, which isn't surprising, but I'll try to get some post-wash to show the small increase in contrast. These have still got a ton of life in them so I'm looking forward to the results.

Edited by thebottomclef

I don't own these any longer, but here are a couple of shots from my 18oz Oni 211.  I think about a year of wear on them at this point.  I'm not very hard on my jeans, so there isn't much fading on display.

IMG_3180_zps680c5af8.jpg

IMAG0102_zpsb39fe84f.jpg

IMAG0653.jpg

IMG_3212_zpsebde6fd8.jpg

Sorry about the image quality on the pics; they don't look nearly as fuzzy in my Photobucket account.  I'm not sure what's going on there.

Ok people so here are some pics of the 527s post wash. I have a new dslr camera coming in the mail next week so there should be some higher quality shots/macros soon as well. Cheers

P1050048_zps75a6e14d.jpg

P1050050_zpsb8c87757.jpg

P1050044_zps71e6a08b.jpg

P1050049_zps94331ae2.jpg

I've gotta say I'm pretty happy with the way they've turned out so far. My one concern is some chafing/fraying in the crotch area. It doesn't seem like a precursor to a blowout yet, but nevertheless may need some preemptive work done. I'll show what I'm talking about when I get the chance.

So I guess this is the ONI thread. Not worth starting a new one now, I suppose. 

Anyway, here are my 511 HM at around 5 months, just after their first wash. They've developed a bit more since, but these are the best pics.

kCi825N.jpg?1

jP2GLmg.jpg?1

HVSNRnB.jpg?1

Full album.

Edited by Kamaji

• 1 month later...

Ok people so here are some pics of the 527s post wash. I have a new dslr camera coming in the mail next week so there should be some higher quality shots/macros soon as well. Cheers

P1050048_zps75a6e14d.jpg

P1050050_zpsb8c87757.jpg

P1050044_zps71e6a08b.jpg

P1050049_zps94331ae2.jpg

I've gotta say I'm pretty happy with the way they've turned out so far. My one concern is some chafing/fraying in the crotch area. It doesn't seem like a precursor to a blowout yet, but nevertheless may need some preemptive work done. I'll show what I'm talking about when I get the chance.

These have faded so nicely! I'm so glad I discovered this brand, the fabrics are great. Can't wait to see where mine go:

qNSD2bJ.jpg?1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I am think of getting the one wash 527zr, is there any further shrinkage in the length? Also I want a slimmer fit i am normally a 32", is it worth sizing down.

Thanks in advance

I would recommend getting the raw version of the 31 personally, that way you can better control any shrinkage plus they're treated less. While they have a rough texture, I actually contacted gordon to make sure I had gotten the raw instead of the one wash - they're a real easy break in. They shrink down to pretty much the exact amount the one wash model is measured at. I will say that after the first machine wash they felt like they had shrunk a little extra, but that could be that I had gotten fatter from when they had first been soaked :P.

Whether or not you go OW or Raw, you won't regret getting them, it's a great cut. 

My 527OR pair is my favourite cut out of all the raws I own.  Best of both worlds, not skinny, not loose and mid rise .  Can wear it with sneakers or boots.  I would cop another pair if ONI made them in their standard denim, which is a lighter weight. 

Wish there were more brands producing that cut.  My other pair that comes close is BOM005.

Thanks for the input guys, pulled the trigger and got the one wash. Sized down and just a little tight round the waist, should gave in with a bit of wear. 

Quick question whats the difference between the 527 & 527zr?

I've wondered the same thing myself but I think 527zr is the full technical name for the indigo version of the jean. the 527OR for instance, is the olive version of the jean. I could be wrong though