BS United Oni Denim Pics

john11f

• 2 weeks later...

@xstan I got the 527s in august myself. I've been eagerly awaiting cooler weather so I might wear the hell out of them. What do you think so far? My only complaint was the waist. But that's what a belt is for. All the other measurements were exactly what I was looking for.

It is a different texture from the other jeans that I own. It's still hairy , soft and  comfortable for me. I could go to  31 for a tight fit  but I prefer waist 32.   It is  summer all year  where I live  , temp  29deg to 31deg celcius.  At this point in time  I have not  hot soak/ cold wash it yet ,   I don't know if it will shrink .   I just wear it straight after  purchase .

• 4 weeks later...

Several times recently I've snapped out of a fugue state and found myself on this page:

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=13209&category_id=&manufacturer_id=8&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=62

Does anybody have a pair of these, or a pair in this denim?

They have a sort of hodge-podge of details, but I like how they look and the cut is pretty attractive: roomy thighs, medium/high rise, generous in the knee, and a bit of a taper from the to the hem

Edited by Quoise1203

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone got a pair of the tapered low tension 20 oz secret denim in 30 or 31 (preferably 30, but would take a 31) that they haven't worn or know where to get one?  I'm really kicking myself for not picking a pair up when they were available at BiG and would pay well to get a pair.

Been meaning to post up some pictures of my BSU-1, but have been living in my 1000XX.

Finally wore them the other day raw and soaked them in hot tap last night. The fit is amazing, best fitting jeans in my closet currently. Will try to take some post soak picture, these need a hem though before I put in any serious wear.

kcOmwyal.jpgG3U3fUGl.jpg

@cander49, sorry you missed out on them. They were gone from BiG in most sizes so freaking quick. They were out of half of the sizes in less than a week and the only reason I managed to get a pair was that I was emailing with Gordon at the time about some other jeans. BiG has the Secret Denim Blue fit right now in your size; you could get those tapered if you wanted. Otherwise I would recommend going on rakuten and getting some through a proxy. Search for them as Oni 527 denim, that's the technical description for them.

Here are some pics of my Oni 527s. Since I can't wear them to work, they've only seen about a month or two's worth of use since I got them in august. Unfortunately my phone's camera is mediocre and the mirror I used is a piece of cheap crap that doesn't give an accurate image, but hopefully you'll get the idea. The pics were taken around 1pm. The nep and slub are starting to show themselves and the color of the denim starting to progress. Unlike some of oni's other denim, this is a little lighter indigo-wise, but darker than the original secret denims (according to Gordon at BiG). As soon as I can I'll get more of them into photobucket.

http://s946.photobucket.com/user/Forrest_Old/library/?sort=3&page=1

• 2 weeks later...

The demon denim shows his true character!!!

Here are some more pics of my 5 month ONI 512-XX as promised (sorry if I'm posting too many!)

No great fit pics yet, only some crappy ones taken in the mirror. I'll take some sunlight photos when I get the chance. 

Thigh fit (with *bonus* "che guevara" stain on indigo-dyed t-shirt):

photo2_zps81ace94c.jpg

Top-block (low-rise) fit:

photo4_zps58d7c166.jpg

Left knee-bag:

photo12_zpsc702f178.jpg

Money honeycombs:

photo21_zpsdc9119b3.jpg

Fly pocket fades:

photo31_zpse8672e44.jpg

Cheeky fades:

photo11_zpsa3400494.jpg

Full frontal:

photo5_zpsa0ce67fc.jpg

These are looking gorgeous. I hope my Oni's come out this nice. They're being stubborn though. I want to wait as long as possible to get em in water, hopefully an ocean wash, but idk when I'll get the chance to do so.

Regular Fit Straight Size 32

pre soak measurements-

waist- 43.5 cm

front rise- 29.5 cm

Thigh 2.5 cm below crotch- 31.5 cm

Very happy with these. A nice straight fit (not too slim, not too wide), olive twill pocket bags and that famous beautiful irregular fabric that according to legend only this one elderly tatsujin can elicit from the weaving loom. And very comfortable.

zpea.jpg

vt69.jpg

x42g.jpg

wbbg.jpg

@cander49, sorry you missed out on them. They were gone from BiG in most sizes so freaking quick. They were out of half of the sizes in less than a week and the only reason I managed to get a pair was that I was emailing with Gordon at the time about some other jeans. BiG has the Secret Denim Blue fit right now in your size; you could get those tapered if you wanted. Otherwise I would recommend going on rakuten and getting some through a proxy. Search for them as Oni 527 denim, that's the technical description for them.

Thanks man!  Someone just messaged me about a pair on here...  They're apparently hemmed, so I'll have to think about his and then decide if it's a problem.

Working on a pair of ONI - Awa Shoai (19oz Natural) currently. Although I first pulled these on 9 months ago, they are in a 4 pair rotation and got temporarily retired during the summer heat wave so I estimate actual wear time at under 2 months. That wouldn't show much on a normal pair and these are notroiusly slow so....

Thinking about taking about 1 inch off so they stack a bit less, but I do want to be able to cuff these since they are a fuller cut and I am worried about more shrink (even though they have already been through two hot soaks). I could always hem later after they have a few more washes but then I get less intense roping. What to do what to do.

Anyway, I hope to give these the attention they deserve and have more interesting updates for everyone down the line.

DSCN7068_zpsadfb0a24.jpg

DSCN7072_zps6c74b3ff.jpg

Thanks for looking.

I wear my Oni's with a Merzbow shirt. Cheers sir!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have just bought the 527zr 20oz secret denim. Absolutely lovely jeans. Got them from Rodeo Bros on Rakuten and can't recommend them enough, responds fast to emails (in english), and ships out very fast.

The jeans are a one-wash model, and fit me good right now - should I expect to see any shrinking when I eventually wash them myself? My recent pair of samurai s710 shrunk quite a bit when I washed them compared to their initial soaks.

One-wash models have usually been through an industrial style wash so you are unlikely to see much further shrinkage. There may be a residual amount but you'll certainly be able to stretch them back to where you are now. The exception is obviously the length where you may lose up to an inch at most. I caveat this all with 'may' because depending on the denim and the wash, there could be no further shrinkage at all.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know where the 507BE can be found in a size 36?

Been doing some searching but can't seem to find anything.

Thought about just shooting Gordon an email to see what he can do.

These seem really intriguing to me, any help would be much appreciated!

How is BiG's sizing chart in general, or for those that have the Oni Blue Fit 14.5oz Low Tension denim? 

Edited by Zekdafied