BS United Oni Denim Pics

john11f

these stink after washing them in the ocean. the humid weather didn't make it dry properly like poly's experience.

i'm definitely going to wash them. which is better a hand or machine wash? i want them to fade a bit more. should i wash them inside out?

P1010534.jpg

P1010527.jpg

Looking Great John11f. I washed mine in warm water, with normal detergent inside out and had very minimal indigo loss. The warm water in my wash is actually pretty hot. Judging by the looks of the onis posted on the BiG website that were washed 7 times, i'm sure that the indigo on these will stay for a while. Here's a pic of mine after the wash, to give you an idea of how much indigo loss you have with a warm/hot wash.

onicanes1127060.jpg

these stink after washing them in the ocean. the humid weather didn't make it dry properly like poly's experience.

i'm definitely going to wash them. which is better a hand or machine wash? i want them to fade a bit more. should i wash them inside out?

those look so fucking nice john11f. yeah, thats the drawback of seawater rinse...impossible to dry unless you throw it on a airconditioner, but when you're in a bungalow on the beach, why do you need an air conditioner? both oni owners, you guys have beaten me down...i need another pair of these..but should i get the special edition ones?

as for washing, i'd soak em with a little bit of detergent and lightly aggitate to disperse evenly but avoid colorloss. inside out, ALWAYS with jeans, inside out. and hang dry....

that should basically mean you have never washed em...but you might lose a bit more indigo...but give it a bit more time, then throw it in a machine wash, would love to see the outcome of that.

after seeing the pic again john

P1010527.jpg

FUCK PURE BLUE JAPAN. THIS RIGHT HERE, ONI DENIM, THE DEVIL DENIM, IS THE DEFINITION OF PURE FUCKING SLUB.

the unevenness of the fade due to the texture is so amazing and unique...

FUCK PURE BLUE JAPAN. THIS RIGHT HERE, ONI DENIM, THE DEVIL DENIM, IS THE DEFINITION OF PURE FUCKING SLUB.[/b]

the unevenness of the fade due to the texture is so amazing and unique...

That's a bit harsh poly. Remember, we haven't seen worn out AI's. I think PG2G is working on his. I have one and that should be my next project.

But the slubbiness is truly like no other for the Devil denim. It gives a 3D effect that gives different hues of blue.

The Oni's are now officially weekend jeans.

That's a bit harsh poly. Remember, we haven't seen worn out AI's. I think PG2G is working on his. I have one and that should be my next project.

Its gonna be a while, I've never seen indigo this stubborn :P Its probably a combination of natural indigo and whatever massive amount of dipping it takes to justify charging $500+ on jeans :P

Anyway, why are you shelving the Onis? To work on other projects?

Its gonna be a while, I've never seen indigo this stubborn :P Its probably a combination of natural indigo and whatever massive amount of dipping it takes to justify charging $500+ on jeans :P

Anyway, why are you shelving the Onis? To work on other projects?

Yes. At the same time, I've attained close to what I want to achieve in terms of fading. I really want to take the oni's gradually from now on.

So which would the next one be? the sorahikos, edo ai's, s5000bk, or the 811s?

The Edo Ai it is. PG2G, yeah since the AI's are nice as it is I'd rather concentrate on my other projects. You are doing it for us already anyways. :)

Will be rotating the Edo Ai's with the 811's. The color of these Sugar Canes doesn't really match easily with any clothing like an ordinary jean.

I'm wearing them now and the unique color never cease to dazzle me. You just tend to look at it often because it is so beautiful. Different hues of blue and green that differs in tint depending on the light. I'm seeing dominating green color on parts where it seems to be fading a bit....slowwwlllllyyy....I guess I have to write this in the SC thread.

EDO AI's all the way. The color of those are fantastic.

They look great, I really like the purple selvege. I didn't soak my Oni's before wearing them. Probably means they can never touch water now, unless I want capris. I'll deffinitely soak my SC's. Good luck with them.

Panda, hopefully you hemmed yours with a 4" extra inseam. You know, it's funny, I had a pair of raw Oni Reds on, while I was walking through some rain, but only the bottom part of the jeans got wet. When they finally dried, everything below the knee shrunk like crazy but the top part didn't. The waist stayed exactly the same, but now they kind of look like this:

onis.jpg