BS United Oni Denim Pics

john11f

Quote:

Is there a pair of vegetable indigo oni s? I read about them in the new york denim store thread, and wanted more info, does anyone have a link to them on rakuten?

--- Original message by eldave04 on Jun 7, 2006 09:09 AM

they have vegtable indigo burgus which i think is kind of oni, at least the denim is very similar...check the hinoya site, he was showing them to me when i was in there....there is that one weird oni pair that has the selvedge as the back pocket stitching, is that the one you mean?

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtriggerkid

Quote:

yeah, i dont own them so i'm just speaking from what i saw....i kind of gave up on finding the shop then turned around and it was just there....girl behind the counter was hella cute....kind of feel bad 2 of my credit cards were declined....icon_smile_sad.gif

--- Original message by poly800rock on Jun 6, 2006 09:55 AM

haha yeah. she's always sick whenever i go in there though.

need goods from japan? email me. getting goods to you before your rice gets cold.

Quote:

Thanks for the comments, i like the fit, hopefully all the squats and deadlifts i'm doing will help the thighs look a little more fitted hahah. Well i blessed the pants the other night, drenched in beer and cheap liquor. Maybe the devil jeans are bad luck, after getting spilled on the night before the next morning when i was filling up the car, when it clicked to stop the gas nozzle jumped out of the hole and spewed gas all over the right leg. had to drive two hours home with the windows open.

here's the second day of break in for you guys. I'll be rotating between these for normal stuff and the canes for when i need to get dirty and parties from now on.

keg1.jpg

drunk TRYING to get into the proper keg stand position.

--- Original message by crisis on Jun 4, 2006 07:37 PM

your jeans look so much awesomer than all the others in the pic.

http://mizanation.blogspot.com

• 2 weeks later...

these Oni's are looking pretty sick after one month of continuous wear....can't wait...in errr 5 months....whew the wait...

the unevenness of the fabric makes the breaking in inconsistent. hence, you'll have the rough parts get scratched and develop a fluffy feel (like BC bud lol). the indigo loss on the smooth parts are more. i see these jeans get crazy contrasting in the next 2-3 months

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ahh sorry to disappoint guys. I've been trying to do the switching between my Canes and the oni's and it hasn't been working. I want a pair of nice broken in jeans so i'm gonna be working on the canes for a few more months and then switch back to the oni's. Your jeans are looking great man, you'll be the first one with a washed pair on here, i'm excited to see those. You sell yours yet poly?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
those oni fades look very nice john. Im glad you posted them, ive been waiting to see what they would look like. Are they totally dry in the last pics?

they're not dry yet as of this writing. probably in a few more hours.

thanks for the comments.

They look beautiful man. My honeycombs aren't nearly as developed as yours. I also don't have as much inner thigh wrinkle wear, i think they're too tight on my thighs. Looking good though, i don't think we're going to see really incredible wear for another year or two haha.

gordon has a pair that he's worn for 7 months up at his shop. they look very nice thus far.its very nice to see the fade of these, very different than traditional jeans. FYI, BIG got 19 oz oni's in. Fit is like the yellow accurate ones. VERY VERY FUCKING NICE. Hand dyed by someone who is a "legend" in the industry apparantly, and a price tag to match. they're purple selvedge, and have a $550 pricetag to match. Expensive, but basically one of a kind jeans..

thanks john, your jeans are amazing.

Assuming those are the ones they posted on their website (with paint on them?), they do look amazing.

Kinda cool about those 19 oz ones. The PBJ AI-001 is only 14.5 oz, I can't even begin to imagine what those Onis feel like. I remember someone linking to some very expensive natural indigo Burgus a while ago, with pruple selvedge. I wonder if those are the same ones.

yeah, its the same pair he has on the site. he also has samurai and pure blue's worn out at the store. i think the 19oz oni's are insane. if i was in the market for a new pair right now, i would have been all over these.

i thought the actual burgus ones weren't selvedge and were actually cheaper. They are natural indigo.

but it seems pretty complicated to me as oni/burgus are essentially the same thing in my mind and i believe its all woven at the same place.

^ the burgus ones are selvaged and are very similar to the onis and therefore are quite confusing. but i guess the biggest difference i can see is that you get those mean looking oni leather patches when you get the onis.

i have a feeling the reason for the confusion is that burgus is the hinoya's special line of jeans, and only some of them are closely modeled after the onis. i've seen burgus jeans that aren't slubby, but am yet to see unslubby onis.

^ the burgus ones are selvaged and are very similar to the onis and therefore are quite confusing. but i guess the biggest difference i can see is that you get those mean looking oni leather patches when you get the onis.

i have a feeling the reason for the confusion is that burgus is the hinoya's special line of jeans, and only some of them are closely modeled after the onis. i've seen burgus jeans that aren't slubby, but am yet to see unslubby onis.

i was told that oni's are a hinoya's special line also (by hinoya workers)... so i think they're just two lines by hinoya - oni's going for the superslubby market.

can someone link pics of these 19oz oni's?