worst movies you've ever seen...

gfunkdocta

I remember watching that movie carpool when I was a little kid, 7 years old at the time. To this day, I can honestly say that is by far the worst movie I have ever watched. I've even seen the last airbender with some friends that are into that show, and it's 10 million times better than carpool.

Edited by footfeet

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I pride myself on good taste, but sometimes, movies slip past. These are the worst of the worst, excluding films I saw as a kid (that means you, Atlantis).

10. Bullet Man — Weird heavy-metal-rave shower scene at the beginning set the tone well

9. My Dinner with André — I kept thinking, "if André mentions those fucking dancing hippies one more time..."

8. Hostage — Plot? Who needs plot when you have Bruce Willis?

7. Whiteout — Paid and walked out after 20 minutes. Cardboard acting at it's finest

6. Moby Dick 2010 — Lowest rating on Netflix. CGI is distractingly bad, not that there is a story from which to be distracted

5. The Manticore — So low budget that they reverted to shadow-puppetry for the monster.

4. Modigliani — I don't like the artist, and this film only made it worse; the script is all filler and repetition

3. Dracula (1992) — Cheesiest movie ever made; Keanu shows his full range of talent; had to watch with a straight face, so as to offend the aunt who's favourite movie it is.

2. Son of Drac — "Some movies are released ... some escape." I expected better from Ringo and Harry

1. Nomads — Non-sensical, directionless plot, bad acting, worse script, and then it suddenly ends. It was like a long Motley Crüe music video

Nolans two Batman movies are fucking dreadful, he has made Batman movies for people who clearly don't like Batman. My hate mainly centres on the following points.

1) The Dark Knight is exactly the same fucking film as Heat, which was exactly the same fucking film as LA Takedown.

2) If Nolan ripped off Michael Mann any more, he might as well change his name.

3) The entire character of "Rachel", and the use of her demise to make the Dark Knight more......errr.......dark.

4) The fucking stupid voice that Bale does every time he is Batman....I mean .......REALLY!!!!!

5) The clear lack of understanding of even the most basic premise of Batman. Bruce Wayne is the disguise, Batman is the reality.

Batman and Superman are the two greatest characters in comic book history, and the shitty movies that have been pumped out (specifically for Batman) are a visual testimony to what happens when directors and studio executives are put in charge of creative products. With so much history and source material there really is no fucking excuse at all.

What Marvel achieve with far less material should make DC and Sony collectively ashamed.

Superman Returns, as a movie advanced the story of Superman more than the previous 10 years of comic books, plus they got a guy to play him who actually did the role proud....so what do they do.....pitch an idea where Superman "walks the earth", and doesn't even use his powers until the end of the fucking movie!!!!! I don't know if this will be the movie that gets made, but if it is then it can fuck off.

Rant from a lifelong DC Comics fan over.

you really think marvel do a better job?

Yep, infinitely. Comic book movies are not meant to be art house cinema, a good one should give respect to the source material, and entertain. Marvel achieve this.

By contrast, DC and Sony produce cynical efforts to show a healthy balance sheet.

i don't know what comics you've read – i'm going to guess all of them considering you're a lifelong fan – but the movies have much in common with many popular arcs, in terms of narrative and overall aesthetic.

Complete and utter rubbish. Which arcs are you referring to? None that I am aware of.

of all the things to complain about. i would say, objectively, this was the among the best portrayed aspects of batman in both of the films. though I wouldn't say batman is the 'reality' either.

You honestly think that? Wow. It bares absolutely no comparison to how it is handled in the comic, or the acclaimed cartoon series. It's extremely poorly handled in my opinion, Bruce Wayne appears foolish, and over the top....like someone doing a bad impression of a billionaire, almost like a rich Clark Kent. The Bruce Wayne of the comic books is serious and reserved, he doesn't play around in water fountains.

so what else, mann/heat, ok if that's how you see it. the voice, original.

Maybe not original, but correct.

i really don't understand this crit, the character dying is a classic device and used well in the film. discounting the effect on bruce, you have the triggering of the final phase of dent's transformation. I also doubt i'm the only one who would say the tone of the films was distinctly 'dark' before her death.

The motivation of Batman is the death of his parents...period. The character was not needed, added nothing to the story, and was a very cynical touch of a love interest from a studio who identified an audience demographic, nothing more. Harvey/ Two Face has a perfectly good origin story, which could have been covered, and woven into the story to make a much more cohesive movie.

i wouldn't regard myself as a nolan fan, but his work with batman within a wider context has to be applauded. spiderman, iron-man, thor, etc will never be discussed with films outside of the genre, unlike batman or even - funnily enough - the two original superman movies. whether their rather more universal appeal is to their detriment would be a topic of debate for hardcore fans, I feel.

Exactly my point, popular doesn't always equal good. American Idol anyone? The movies are soul less, when the material has so much soul. Whether they are "applauded" in a wider context is of no consequence to me when those doing the applauding are action movie fans, executives, critics and accountants.

I see quite a few flaws with nolan's franchise, but i don't agree with your assessment. using amongst the most widely-publicised shortcomings, it feels like a contrarian diatribe to show you're a huge fan than an objective take on the movies - with a healthy dose of fuck thrown in, of course. tbh.

Your assessment feels like someone who likes the movies, but doesn't appreciate the source material. They are Batman movies for people who don't like Batman. Congratulations, they were made for you, glad you liked them, and so are the accountants at DC/ Sony.

Edited by Megatron1505

true, for some reason i thought that sony had bought warner pictures.

as for inspiration, you and i are obviously reading different versions of those comic books if you think the nolan movies have anything at all in common with them in terms of style, atmosphere, storytelling, or characterisation, apart from that, spot on.

i will pass your regard to armond.

Edited by Megatron1505

Not as bored as I was reading your response. Heat was awesome, Dark Knight wasn't.

If more people expressed their opinions as pointlessly as you do, then I might consider killing myself.

Megatron if you were bored during dark knight or walked out saying "that sucked," then I really don't know what to say other than kill yourself.

I wish more films ripped off Heat; Heat was awesome.

Seriously? How do you figure? What makes the Dark Knight such a fucking masterpiece to you?

And as far as Heat goes, I've seen that movie two or three times and don't remember shit from it. The cast makes it even more disappointing. It's like watching an all-star game. Nobody keeps score because nobody cares. A movie like Heat can never leave much of a lasting impression.

Edited by Ammutseba

does anyone really like heat

hell yeah, some of the 90s best male leads combine to talk tough, shoot people, blow shit up, and rob banks, and kill each other.

And as far as Heat goes, I've seen that movie two or three times and don't remember shit from it. The cast makes it even more disappointing. It's like watching an all-star game. Nobody keeps score because nobody cares. A movie like Heat can never leave much of a lasting impression.

i think you're just failing to realize that this is a movie about talking tough, shooting people, blowing shit up, robbing banks, and killing each other.

not gonna weigh in on the dark knight because it definitely doesn't belong in this thread, and i get the feeling that it was only mentioned as a joke.

Edited by blackfuture

• 1 month later...