worst movies you've ever seen...

gfunkdocta

I'm interested in this one. Explain?

American beauty - have you seen it? my hatred for it is hard to summarize, and is somewhat political, so i'd probably be better off not getting into it. but a lot of people loved it & it won a shitload of awards.

i won't argue that it wasn't well-made with good performances.

I think the thing I loved about suckerpunch was that it was about of-age girls acting like underage girls doing of-age things.

absolutely hated the modern alice and wonderland. maybe its cuz i had too much of a hard on for the burton/depp combo. no homo

I don't get all the hate for Suckerpunch, I mean sure it ain't great but "worse movie you've ever seen?" Or is it more to do with the fact it was a let down?

I for one, initially thought the film was going to be bad. After the second "dance" (fight scene) I was already sick of slow motion combat, twirls, and bullets reflecting on mirrors. I wanted to get more into the storyline.

Every time Baby Doll began to move her hips I palmed faced thinking "Oh man another action scene..." There's other factors that made it worse such as the dialogue between the 5 girls; that was ridiculously hard to listen to. I don't feel like typing anymore so /rant.

So everyone liked it is the reason why you don't like it?

No, but I certainly reserve the right to do so. (E.T. for example)

1) It's a plastic bag & you're an idiot.

2) Lester tells his wife, "It's just stuff!" when she gets pissed at him for almost spilling beer on the couch. In the PREVIOUS scene, Lester bought a 1970 Firebird. What would happen if his wife almost spilled beer on one of the seats? Is it still "just stuff?" You're just.. so liberated man. Except of course.. you're not.

3) So if you're ex-military you: beat your son. watch regan reruns in black and white. hate women/your wife. collect nazi memorabilia. hate gays yet you're secretly a HUGELY repressed homo. murder your neighbor. Why not just cast Rush Limbaugh and be done with it.. Maybe throw in a back-alley abortion just in case no one got your subtly.

4) You're a super-outta-this-world person if you almost screw your teenage daughter's friend but at the last moment don't.

5) "An ocean of time.." Wow. So deep. Academy award for sure.

I could go on, but I won't. If you liked it, great. To me it's a dated, weak, hypocritical mess and I can't empathize with the absurd "suburban white-people my life sucks yet i drive a mercedes" problems. Especially after getting so much critical acclaim.

1 - agreed, mostly, though even if you disagree with the point you should acknowledge that it's there

2 - if lester was about to get down?! i imagine he wouldn't have given a shit.

3 - yes i think the film did revolve around not just one, but a number of ex-soldiers, all of whom beat their wives and children and were gay-bashing closeted homosexuals who murdered their neighbour. also, no ex-soldiers have ever beaten their wives or children in real life, and gay-bashing repressed homosexuals are were invented by kids who got picked on in high school.

4 - he was a guy who was spiralling out of control but managed to keep his humanity in-tact by not deflowering a 16 year old that he had fantasized about prior to discovering that she hadn't yet been deflowered

5 - this isnt a even criticism

No, but I certainly reserve the right to do so. (E.T. for example)

1) It's a plastic bag & you're an idiot.

2) Lester tells his wife, "It's just stuff!" when she gets pissed at him for almost spilling beer on the couch. In the PREVIOUS scene, Lester bought a 1970 Firebird. What would happen if his wife almost spilled beer on one of the seats? Is it still "just stuff?" You're just.. so liberated man. Except of course.. you're not.

3) So if you're ex-military you: beat your son. watch regan reruns in black and white. hate women/your wife. collect nazi memorabilia. hate gays yet you're secretly a HUGELY repressed homo. murder your neighbor. Why not just cast Rush Limbaugh and be done with it.. Maybe throw in a back-alley abortion just in case no one got your subtly.

4) You're a super-outta-this-world person if you almost screw your teenage daughter's friend but at the last moment don't.

5) "An ocean of time.." Wow. So deep. Academy award for sure.

I could go on, but I won't. If you liked it, great. To me it's a dated, weak, hypocritical mess and I can't empathize with the absurd "suburban white-people my life sucks yet i drive a mercedes" problems. Especially after getting so much critical acclaim.

Sorry, you lost all credibility by being unable to spell "Reagan" correctly. And "subtlety". I'm guessing you aren't even 17 yet, so stop watching R-rated movies and offering what you think is insightful criticism.

what about that movie made you hate it? how could you not like heath ledger's take on the joker? I can see someone not liking it, but this is a thread about genuinely terrible movies that deserve to be ridiculed.

and I also disagree with NBK being mentioned. I read that woody harrelson's dad was an actual hitman which is just crazy.

what about that movie made you hate it? how could you not like heath ledger's take on the joker? I can see someone not liking it, but this is a thread about genuinely terrible movies that deserve to be ridiculed.

and I also disagree with NBK being mentioned. I read that woody harrelson's dad was an actual hitman which is just crazy.

Oh I thought this thread was just about movies that anyone disliked. My bad.

But in regards to Heath Ledger, I think the only reason the movie won any awards and such were because of his death.

Nah I disagree with this. As with any blockbuster, I was ultra-skeptical about the Dark Knight and Ledger but I was genuinely impressed when I saw it.

But in regards to Heath Ledger, I think the only reason the movie won any awards and such were because of his death.

Anyway, my contribution is Pan's Labyrinth. Seems like they tried to stich up two entirely unrelated stories without actually developing either of them. Like that cool looking dude with the eyes on his hands, he was just there for a moment - and then it was like now what? Nothing happened. Fuck, it wasn't even particularly wondrous.

I feel like people just latched onto it cause they thought they'd look like they have an imagination or something.

Haha man I was just about to come in here to say we should rename this thread. A lot of people seem to agree that popular movies you didn't like is a much more interesting topic than worst movies you've ever seen.

But I dunno, I was told Pan's Labyrinth was gonna be this amazing and wonderful journey but I ended with some army bullshit and a few minutes of unguided, rather pointless 'fantasy world'. It felt really flat and shallow.

edit: Oh, 'cool guy pie', did I say that?