Miscellaneous Musings (Limited Edition)

i still dont get the fascination with soccer. I hate how when the world cup was on, every bar would be packed in the afternoons with fuccbois acting like they follow that shit. 

most americans follow the world cup because it's trendy and not because they have a genuine interest in the sport while in europe and south america soccer is actually part of the culture just like how obese americans meet every sunday to eat chicken wings and watch a bunch 300lb simpletons tackle each other

Edited by boy better know

ive been watching soccer all my life, but i can see it being fun to watch for people who dont know that much about the sport, most soccer games really arent decided until near the end whereas in baseball/football/basketball often you can tell pretty early whos going to win the match

i like watching the triathlon during the winter olympics and ive never been cross country skiing or shot a gun

but actually tbh i didnt read howls post the first time, only the response

americans stating their opinion on 'soccer'............

okay then

ive been watching soccer all my life, but i can see it being fun to watch for people who dont know that much about the sport, most soccer games really arent decided until near the end whereas in baseball/football/basketball often you can tell pretty early whos going to win the match

baseball and football are typical american sports: slow-paced as fuck and filled with stereoid scandals

divers and the ocassional shitty referees might give soccer a bad rep but it'll always be more enjoyable, exciting and appreciated than any other professional sport

i love sports, his statement was retarded.

tbh i dont mind disagreement with my views but all that can be hoped for is to not be a prick about it. disagreement was sure anyway, i dont expect for conqueror to be able to comprehend what goes behind closed doors such as i would never an artist, designer or performer. but ill read, listen and hear.

havent watched baseball in a while but you cant tell who's winning a football/bball game in the early stages. Just off the top of my head, Den @ NE, and GB @ Dallas. Denver and Dallas were up dominant in the 1st half and should've won but they didn't. I think Tampa Bay also had a significant lead @ Seattle at the half but that didnt lead to a win.

thought I was being all smart going early like 1130am to get ramen

and there's hella people

apparently pple be lining up at 8am when the event starts at 11am

wtf people...and 1+ hr wait for a bowl of ramen..

ya i volunteered at yokocho and it was ridiculous, volunteering (playing cashier & handing out tickets for a couple hours) to get a free bowl was worth it plus it was interesting to be around. 

what sucked tho was that every ramen spot ever was also packed and had ridiculous lines, i left ramen dojo today and had gyu-kaku instead 

thought I was being all smart going early like 1130am to get ramen

and there's hella people

apparently pple be lining up at 8am when the event starts at 11am

wtf people...and 1+ hr wait for a bowl of ramen..

had friends that went down from sac for the ramen and they didn't get any. i guess they coincided with a jpop event and a few others. i gotta find it but one of them posted a vine of a angry ~17 year old screaming "THAT'S MY RAMEN ON EVERYTHING ON MY MAMMA THAT'S MINE"

The first ramen yokocho in LA was pretty shitty too when I went last year. Decided I wouldn't do it again, but I heard the second time around was just as bad. Too little vendors with not enough man-power for each shop to serve the amount of people that come.

The next one in LA coincides with Nisei Week in Little Tokyo here and I'm guessing that one's gonna be a disaster too. I love ramen but I ain't about to wait 3+ hours for a half-size bowl at full price, even if it's some artisanal shit from nihongoland.

Wouldn't getting ramen at these events be the equivalent to a cup of noodles? I always thought ramen was about the quality. I can't imagine that having to serve this amount of people in what many expect a fast order turnaround the experience is the same way versus sit down. Maybe the broth is the savior

I

A sip of laphroaig puts the whole world into a different perspective for few seconds as it burns through my mouth and leaves a remainder of warmth in my chest and in my heart

IMG_0339_zps0b9a4d43.jpg

Edited by SSchadenfreude

I just finished a prerelease copy of the peripheral by William Gibson and my mind is blown and no one I know has read it or can for the next few months wtf. I won't give anything away but I almost (almost) wish I hadn't just so I could talk to someone about it.

I guess I'm just bragging but seriously I love Gibson holy shit.