Miscellaneous Musings (Limited Edition)

drinking is overrated

i was a good kid last night and i feel pretty awesome about it today

edit: fwiw i'm fresh off a 10 day binge (close friend's wedding / bachelor road trip), so the break is much needed at this point. i should probably quit for good, because there is very little value in drinking. but the social aspect calls for moderation at least i'm thinking.

my body craves for alcohol not like i do it to have a bitchin time... most times i drink alone...

Got out the violin after not playing seriously for around a year and a half.

Damn, I suck.  

At least I can still play a half-assed rendition of Introduction and Rondo Capriccioso 

edit: (later today)

FXaYiLD.jpg

agjVvCk.jpg

~~~Urb4N T3cHWeAR~~~

for the record I didn't actually bike home with that setup on but I certainly would have liked to try.

And my roommate definitely owes me a few dinners for lugging all his shit back to our place for him.

Edited by Nebulae

Sitting in a Taco Bell in Weed, Ca waiting for a burrito, redneck dad with cutoff tee wearing NASCAR sunglasses is telling his wife (I assume) how he's gonna punch her face in when they get home. She's easily double his size, so I think she can handle herself...but also not about to say anything because by the way she's replying I get the feeling she's into it in some weird sexual fetish way. And their 8 year old daughter is sitting with them. People are fucking weird.

^ the crucial detail in that comic strip is the wife who has a job can support all three of them, and doesn't mind being the sole source of income in the household

It's pretty upsetting the double-standard we live in, but all girls I have talked with about this subject have no problem with their husband making less than them or being a stay-at-home dad on paper, but it never works out in reality. As soon as a girl starts making more than her husband or he acts as a stay-at-home, they feel like the man doesn't stack up. It's unfortunately the reality for a large portion of these couples will become broken after a wife thinks her husband is inadequate because of his lower salary. That's not to say it doesn't work, but there are a lot of ingrained cultural values and self-worth women derive from their significant other's income level. 

I feel like most of my recent posts have been pretty anti-women recently, but I think its just the intense amount of feminists living in SF that have jaded my perception on women. I still love women and know there are some gems out there and some not so great ones, just as there are men. I found this article very refreshing:

http://judgybitch.com/2013/06/23/when-men-look-at-women-its-sleaze-when-women-look-at-men-its-just-plain-good-fun-an-american-apparel-case-study-in-hypocrisy/