Miscellaneous Musings (Limited Edition)

just learned how to replace my cars brakes, which was causing so much noise past 2 weeks.

and supposedly i need new set of tires, what's up costco. goodbye $500

i guess you mightve learned this too but you should also check the rotor if the old pads were worn all the way down.

and tirerack.com is usually a little cheaper than costco for me. might save $50 on a set of 4

Just earlier, the family and I were sitting on the back balcony eating Christmas dinner when a homeless man, mumbling to himself, walked into our backyard. We told him to leave and he just stood holding his bags, looking up at us saying, "What's wrong sir?", "I want to ask you a question." and, "I'm an honest Christian." He seemed kinda out of it, but still coherent. I yelled at him to leave again, and he did. We went to the front door to make sure he really had left and watched him until he was out of sight, walking down the middle of the road in his long coat and shorts, holding on to his bags. Though this was a person who trespassed on our property, the sound of his thongs flip-flopping and the way he looked down at the road gave me a huge feeling of regret. Would I have treated him differently if he weren't homeless? I wonder if he really did have a question.

I actually recognised the guy. I'd seen him sitting at bus shelters around the area - really severely sun damaged skin. I saw him eating one time at the cheap noodle place just on the main road off of our street. Once when we were away - I guess six months ago - our neighbour told us he had to shoo away a tall, long-haired man who was walking down the alley that led into our backyard. I can only imagine it was him, probably trying to sleep on the swing couch we have downstairs. Kind of messed up to imagine how many times he might have done that. We live in the middle class suburbs.

The craziest part was this was only minutes after my brother had said both, "Imagine if a creepy Santa just walked up our stairs now, put presents under our tree and walked off again," and, "I keep on seeing my shadow and thinking it's someone walking up the stairs." Then arrived a long-haired, bearded man in a coat with filled bags in each arm. Creepy indeed.

Edited by okonomi