Miscellaneous Musings (Limited Edition)

I got fired from my internship three days before I was supposed to leave because I lost my elevator key. They said they were going to withhold my last paycheck but wouldn't give me an estimate of the cost. I asked the HR lady how the deductions would work (hint: they don't, it's illegal to withhold a paycheck) and she said she'd let me know. An hour later my supervisor pulls me aside and tells me I have to leave immediately and that her boss said explicitly "no references". At least I'll get paid though.

Seems like a bit of an overreaction. I read into the labor laws and they fired me at exactly three months, so they're apparently required to give me the three days pay anyway. Also they're in violation of the labor code for being consistently late with my pay. I don't want to press the issue as long as I get what I earned, but the embarrassing "leave now no references" almost makes me want to file a complaint. My direct supervisor seemed shocked and said I did a great job, but she's not sure if she's allowed to give a reference.

Also called Career Services at school. They said that the case sounds extreme, to list a coworker and that 90% of places don't check references for 3rd year internships anyway.

What a gongshow. The place had a crazy inflated sense of self worth, but apparently can follow the law about as well as a pizza place paying under the table.

i just offered a fat, rosacea afflicted, middle aged woman a seat at my table because there's a line up outside the airport bar and I thought it would be a nice gesture.

She gave me a semi-mortified look and said very snidely "I think I'll wait, thanks." And cut eye contact.

Not to sound smug here, but I'd rather freeze my dick in nitrogen and smash it with a hammer than make a pass at this bitch. I'm actually offended she interpreted it as a pass.

Work keeps fucking me over. When you get hired they're supposed to send you to training called SOS. Never went. I'm advanced in makeup application so they keep saying it's pointless for me to go but want to send me to Encore which is phase 2 of the training, meaning I'll then be called Color Expert.

They made me (with no formal company training on protocol) get full face +lash certified with a PRO Artist so I could continue to make money for them while they dick around.

They want to send me to Encore next year but I just found out they could have sent me this month!!!! My managers excuse is that it's expensive and they need to make sure ppl are going to stay with the company. Im pretty fucking sure with all I've sold I've payed my way there and back!!

Wish I could transfer but we are the only store here.

(1stworldproblems)

today is the first day of school at my new university. i'm pretty excited.

although while walking around i keep getting approached by the korean christian clubs (there are multiple apparently). i told one girl that i wasn't christian and she got all excited, "ALL THE MORE REASON TO JOIN!" maybe it looks like i could use some jesus.

today is the first day of school at my new university. i'm pretty excited.

although while walking around i keep getting approached by the korean christian clubs (there are multiple apparently). i told one girl that i wasn't christian and she got all excited, "ALL THE MORE REASON TO JOIN!" maybe it looks like i could use some jesus.

i was wearing my odd future tee and they approached me because I was with my Korean friend and they actually starting yelling at me.

it was great