Miscellaneous Musings (Limited Edition)

Gamers must be the most defensive hobbyists on the internet. Folks are in greater denial than alcoholics about the true nature of their habits. Every time somebody posts anything bad about gaming somebodies going to post a pretty sophisticated 8-paragraph long defense about 'stimulating creativity' and the 'great social benefits of multiplayer' or 'new forms of storytelling' etc...

We get it, you're bad at socializing and you like stories but you don't like to read / being competitive but you're bad at sports.

*i just finished playing deus ex for like four hours

deus ex is still the best game ever imo. nothing is as immersive, and when it comes to single player games thats really the most important thing to me.

The original deus ex has aged terribly. I can't sit down and play that shit anymore, its too bad by todays standards. Even system shock 2 was pretty bad too when I replayed it. Im trying to start Baldurs Gate II again but I dont know if I can, it seems archaic.

The original deus ex has aged terribly. I can't sit down and play that shit anymore, its too bad by todays standards. Even system shock 2 was pretty bad too when I replayed it. Im trying to start Baldurs Gate II again but I dont know if I can, it seems archaic.

hater spotted. deus ex has aged much better than any other similar game that comes to mind from that era.

download texture packs??

this usually apples to games with sequels

for example, until diablo 3 i won't complain about diablo 2 graphics ever

deus ex was the shit. great plot, and really influential. too bad the sequel wasn't nearly as good. I'm still excited for human revolution though.

the original definitely top five games ever done though I think. up there with half-life 2 and the no one lives forever series for me.

can't wait for hl2 episode three speaking of which

deus ex was the shit. great plot, and really influential. too bad the sequel wasn't nearly as good. I'm still excited for human revolution though.

the original definitely top five games ever done though I think. up there with half-life 2 and the no one lives forever series for me.

can't wait for hl2 episode three speaking of which

jc_denton.jpg

this should be your avatar

i was going to

but too literal

also i tend to imagine that everyone looks exactly like their avatar and i wouldn't wanna look like that. although that bulletproof-vest-lookin thing he had under the long coat was pretty techninja steezy

edit: fuckin, this guy - second from the right. What's his name? Please.

ann-d-retrospective.jpg

Yuri Pleskun?

anyway, what is up with white girls having visible hair on their arms? I end up staring and feeling weird when they catch me.