Miscellaneous Musings (Limited Edition)

no offense, but how have you gotten as far in life as you evidently are with writing like this?

I don't get people that say no offense, followed by something that obviously is "offending" in their eyes. I mean, I didn't take offense but clearly you're already anticipating, so...that I don't get.

I realize that sometimes my writing 'style' can be awkward but it's a quirk. I can choose to write a bit more normal and dry, and maybe you're one of those grammar nazis...

That's cool.

If I were to take your question seriously; it is because I can articulate better in person. If I took more than a minute to write that post (serious, I type fast). It probably would have come out a lot better.

Just as quick as I type, my mind is able to pick up on stuff. This would be a bit harder to explain but simply put, the shiet that would take you 1 hr to do, it would take me 15, 30 at most.

I'm not trying to brag either. It's just that I'm frank and, I'd like to think a straight-shooter.

I am, however, working on my communication skills. Because everything I know is practically self taught--either through reading or observation. I learn how to pronounce shiet based on audio; was never one for trying to sound it out.

I've never paid attention in school (and I mean never, frm pre-school to college). Practically slept through all of my classes. One teacher made a remark I'll never forget. When he handed back to me that academic test they give once a year... You know, the one that the school is graded on but not you (as a student, on your report card). I finished that sucker in fifteen and just spent the rest of the hour sleeping. I think he anticipated that I would have a low score. Honestly I didn't care. But somehow I ranked in the top 5%, and he said me:

With these test results, you should be doing better in my class. (B is fine by me)

I guess it's the first time I ever had anyone other than my parents call me out on my BS.

So long-winded answer summarized for anyone whose too lazy to read all that:

Thank you for pointing out that my posts are hard to read. I think too many folks either let me pass by or don't give a shiet enough to call me out on it so, a habit is formed. Also if you ever meet me in person, I promise, I can be quite charming when I make an effort. That helps (re: getting as far as I have). ;)

Feel free to keep giving me a hard time. But pls, drop the 'no offense'. It's only offending if you think it is; if that's the case, maybe you're better off not saying it or PMing someone directly.

i was starting to write an email, starting with hello andrus, etc etc

but when i looked back at the beginning i realized the o never took and the email started with hell andrus.

I had to write a very harsh email to someone whose last name is ____fried once. Spelled her name as "fired" instead and only realized after sending it off. Hope she didn't notice  :(

I've thought whitney and timber were the same person since i joined superfuture...

This is impossible :P aside from all of the other points, I could never rock short hair as well as she can :(

I had to write a very harsh email to someone whose last name is ____fried once. Spelled her name as "fired" instead and only realized after sending it off. Hope she didn't notice :(

must be a subconscious thing because I was thinking Hell, Andrus.

Luckily the person I work for is big on grammar, got me in the habit of double checking/triple checking my work....so I was able to catch that. :D

I also try to keep emails/texts much more vague than I used to. Learned not to have anything incriminating or potentially incriminating on record. It's kept me from having snarky, backhanded comments incorporated and overall just consistently working on being the bigger person.

Eta--because Americans can be very PC. Sometimes I feel like I'm walking on eggshells

Edited by whitney

Depends.

I always go for the latter because I find I'm more happy and when I am, that kind of enthusiasm and passion ends up getting me to the right places and taken care of anyways.

But if your situation has circumstances (eg family, obligations, debt) that require you to go for $$$, go for it. Do what you gotta do but than circle back to what makes you happy.

There is no right or wrong answers in life and fcuk what anyone else says. Cliche but you only have one life. Nothing is worse than a life full of regrets. a handful is expected tho

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2015/11/23/a-giant-blanket-of-spiderwebs-appeared-in-tennessee-but-dont-panic/

The latest viral spider news is horrifying at face value: Residents of North Memphis, Tenn., were treated to an unexpectedly white Thanksgiving when a spider web at least half a mile long appeared on the grass.

what was that photography series where they had a collection of 9? photos in a square with 90s rave fashion, 90s football hooliganism, 80s teen fashion etc

Exactitudes!

http://www.exactitudes.com/index.php?/series/all/154/5

I bought a copy earlier this year, would highly recommend

Edited by leisuresuitlarry