Miscellaneous Musings (Limited Edition)

it happened to me before and i dont know what the solution is, paypal definitely won't change their approach to this anytime soon, i rarely sell online anymore and if i do then i insist on shipping with tracking/signature on receipt as well as marking full value

the fees you have to pay for doing that pretty much mean items under like $200 are hardly even worth selling, but that's just how it is

Edited by ProfMonnitoff

internet is throwing a fit over paypal's updated user agreement fwiw. mostly the robocall / text part:

Amendments to the PayPal User Agreement

The update to the User Agreement is effective July 1, 2015. A summary of changes is provided below. You can also click HERE to review the complete terms of the revised User Agreement in its entirety.

• Section 1.10

We are updating terms of the PayPal User Agreement regarding the means through and purposes for which we may contact you.

The revised section 1.10 reads as follows:

1.10 Calls to You; Mobile Telephone Numbers. You consent to receive autodialed or prerecorded calls and text messages from PayPal at any telephone number that you have provided us or that we have otherwise obtained. We may place such calls or texts to (i) notify you regarding your account; (ii) troubleshoot problems with your account (iii) resolve a dispute; (iv) collect a debt; (v) poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires, (vii) contact you with offers and promotions; or (viii) as otherwise necessary to service your account or enforce this User Agreement, our policies, applicable law, or any other agreement we may have with you. The ways in which you provide us a telephone number include, but are not limited to, providing a telephone number at Account opening, adding a telephone number to your Account at a later time, providing it to one of our employees, or by contacting us from that phone number. If a telephone number provided to us is a mobile telephone number, you consent to receive SMS or text messages at that number. We won’t share your phone number with third parties for their purposes without your consent, but may share your phone numbers with our Affiliates or with our service providers, such as billing or collections companies, who we have contracted with to assist us in pursuing our rights or performing our obligations under this User Agreement, our policies, applicable law, or any other agreement we may have with you. You agree these service providers may also contact you using autodialed or prerecorded calls and text messages, as authorized by us to carry out the purposes we have identified above, and not for their own purposes. Standard telephone minute and text charges may apply if we contact you.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/upcoming-policies-full

Edit: http://techcrunch.com/2015/06/12/fcc-tells-paypal-it-may-be-in-violation-of-federal-law-regarding-robocalls/

Edited by jayrock

this gets thrown around a lot but has this ever actually happened to anyone here? i.e. you sold something to somebody and upheld your end of the bargain but they still fucked you with a dispute.

yeah. my old paypal is still -300 after a couple of months actually, but i just use a family member's account. no way i'm paying it back unless i come into life insurance money. guy from brooklyn (of course) said my item was fake even though i showed them an official receipt from the flagship store.

they used call me like twice a day (just sporadically in the week now), but my phone is always silent and facedown so it's not that annoying.

sometime i transfer a dollar or two to be rude 

this gets thrown around a lot but has this ever actually happened to anyone here? i.e. you sold something to somebody and upheld your end of the bargain but they still fucked you with a dispute.

i actually had the opposite experience - my account was frozen with -250~ in it, and it took a while to resolve but as I provided the tracking number and proof of shipment, they sided in my favour, then the wanker decided to open up a credit card chargeback too!

By proof of shipping do you mean like a receipt from the post office and tracking details? I just sold some big ticket items and I think I took the right precautions (tracking, signature on delivery). Still dont want to get fucked for 1k worth though

By proof of shipping do you mean like a receipt from the post office and tracking details? I just sold some big ticket items and I think I took the right precautions (tracking, signature on delivery). Still dont want to get fucked for 1k worth though

signature on delivery is what counts as proof of shipment (which can only be included in tracked shipments) — you should be totally safe unless it's not as described or shown in the pictures etc

Edited by uizm

it's not proof of shipping in my case. This dick is filing a chargeback saying item not in same condition as pictured even though he's had it for over a month with no word to me that something was wrong

yep that happened to me too maybe it's the same guy

asshole bought a white shirt said nothing for a month then claimed it was in a different condition that it had pink stains on the armpits

he did not have to provide any proof whatsoever; not proof of stains, or proof that the state it is in is how he received it, or proof that it's different than the photos provided

absolutely no proof and he was granted a refund by paypal as long as he returned it

luckily in my case my appeal went through and i partially got money back

there really needs to be a paypal replacement. people now have 180 days (6 fucking months) to open a claim which is just absurd

they just ruled in his favor. Fucking asshole even put it up for sale a few days after he got it claiming it was different measurements. I had a picture of the listing and gave it to paypal saying he was contradicting himself but they didnt give a fuck. Now I'm suppose to refund the full amount. He's in australia and EMS was like $65 so I just lost $65 to give him the jacket for a month. Not to mention if he declares value at the amount he bought it for then I'm going to have to pay out of the ass for customs fees.

I ship all items outside Australia with our pack & track, which has to be signed for and comes with tracking, and I always take a picture of the shipping form with tracking number and their address in clear view (and the item on the side if I can fit it in the picture)

Stories about people fucking up clothing and sending it back kind of scares me, since I don't take a ton of pictures when I sell stuff, but luckily that hasn't happened yet

how is that a good thing

moving away from autocopping mall brand tier shit since about 5-6 years ago

and makes me more aware about spending money (spend more but buy much less frequently, save the rest for more substantial things like a property n stuff)

Maybe the accident in question was the kid scribbling on the wall. Then the father cut the piece of wall paper out and framed it.

The colour of the wall and the colour in the background of the picture look identical.

po_boy got fooled by the double entendre.

just curious, why do you say that?

i like their sweats.

First exposure on here to them was people having QC issues, and so many of their designs look like 'me-too' copies of Veilance and Acronym-esque shells. Granted, their sweats are nice (and not too expensive), but I feel like certain brands have a specific style and DNA, and Isaora never struck me as producing something that was unique to their brand. If you look at their shop, the Ultrasonic Mac and M65 look surprisingly similar to the Veilance Galvanic and Field Jacket, respectively. While it is difficult to iterate from known archetypes, I don't see anything that Arc'teryx, Stone or Acronym haven't done better. 

This is my opinion, and clearly there are people who appreciate Isaora, and I can see that they have tightened up design and quality since their initiation, so I'm just voicing a lone dissenting perspective. 

Edited by po_boy_fuuma_hatesbürgerz