Miscellaneous Musings (Limited Edition)

I watched "The Body" episode of Buffy last night on Netflix. I haven't seen it since I was a kid and I remember not liking it then because it was boring. Holy shit though, that episode is incredibly difficult to watch. 

Edited by xerrox

procreational body parts do define gender though

that's not necessarily true. sex is the literal definition of male or female, whereas gender is the social construct attached to the masculine or feminine.  I'm speaking from a medical perspective at least, less so from an anthropologic/sociologic construct.  

Furthermore, there are widely available gender reassignment surgeries where male reproductive organs were made de novo (phalloplasty) or female parts made (vaginoplasty/labioplasty) so even the very definition of sex (as defined by anatomy) is becoming more fluid.

I feel you're confusing sex and gender definitions, and if you like, you can watch phalloplasty and vaginoplasty surgeries on youtube. I recommend Youtube over real life because phalloplasties take ~ 9+ hours to complete and are not the most enjoyable things to observe. :)