Miscellaneous Musings (Limited Edition)

had the shittest week going, was running out of money really quickly, could barely afford a deposit for a house next year. last night i was actually in the supermarket comparing the price of frozen pizza. woke up to a text off my mum telling me she put £50 in my account, was chuffed. checked my bank account (rarely do it because it just makes me depressed), turns out my uni put £875 in there, no idea why, started dancing around my room and shit

this post is the third thing i've done this morning.. first was checking my bank, and the second was booking a flight to amsterdam  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

Had a walk around  Amsterdam last week or so.

The place is dying..

Main street ( kalverstraat nieuwedijk etc) is taken by the fast fashion moguls (zara ,H&M etc.  The nine streets area is maze of mini flagship stores of brands who can't afford a big one(LEE, bjorn borg, asics etc..)

And on the cultural front nothing else interesting is really happening here.. To give you an example.. Tese guys sell out the biggest concert hall (40.000!!) twice.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkmjCAjAQug 

The city gov is cracking down on drinking in the street and the number of coffeeshops( the weed spots).

The red light district is unrecognizable from 5 years ago due to the gov buying the brothels..

Not to rain on your parade UHUH but truly your better off in Berlin or Rome..

buying a flight the second you get money, wouldn't that be counter-productive to living within your means

my next student loan installment comes in less than a month so i'll live very comfortably with the remainder i have left

Had a walk around  Amsterdam last week or so.

The place is dying..

Main street ( kalverstraat nieuwedijk etc) is taken by the fast fashion moguls (zara ,H&M etc.  The nine streets area is maze of mini flagship stores of brands who can't afford a big one(LEE, bjorn borg, asics etc..)

And on the cultural front nothing else interesting is really happening here.. To give you an example.. Tese guys sell out the biggest concert hall (40.000!!) twice.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkmjCAjAQug

The city gov is cracking down on drinking in the street and the number of coffeeshops( the weed spots).

The red light district is unrecognizable from 5 years ago due to the gov buying the brothels..

Not to rain on your parade UHUH but truly your better off in Berlin or Rome..

hmm i dunno, it's always been on my bucketlist to go so i have to really. i'm only really interested in the coffeeshops and museums, i hate Rome, i went a few years ago. berlin is also on my bucketlist as well as prague. thanks for the advice anyways!!

hmm i dunno, it's always been on my bucketlist to go so i have to really. i'm only really interested in the coffeeshops and museums, i hate Rome, i went a few years ago. berlin is also on my bucketlist as well as prague. thanks for the advice anyways!!

In that defense your f**ked on the first part but blessed on the second. The new Rijksmuseum is now one of the best museums in the world. Took 4 years but they nailed it..

On the weed...the quality has been dropping quickly  due to the fact that the shops have more customers and can't get their hands on enough  good weed. Plus with quick change to low energy Led grow lights many of the regular customers started to grow their own. So qc is gone with tourists now making up the main customers in the inner city.. So go to the outskirts of town. If you need a list hit me up when you get here..

Picked up ice coffee this morning and asked for half sugar

I pull up to the window and the girl says "So you want half your cup full of liquid sugar right?" dead serious

? ? ? ? ?

I just laughed and said no, half the normal amount and she laughed and said okay. 

What a blast