Miscellaneous Musings (Limited Edition)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=4WWu1kclNDA

It's playing live this week, and I'm pretty stoked that it finally got released.

:o

Edited by Just Another XY

Man, going through the SZ WAYWT thread in full is pretty hilarious, some ridiculous things have been said on there

zH6mp0T.png

The irony of seenmy complaining about other people being dressed by the internet is hilarious

Edited by Deux_Oiseaux

Key word being awkwardness

I understand and agree with what seenmy is saying but people sometimes can bounce back, and learn, that's the optimistic side of me

From what I see seenmy takes some thing but doesn't copy the entire, and incorporates it into his wardrobe

came back to my dorm today after a week of spring break to find my roommate moved out.  Which means i have an entire room and bathroom to myself.  I also found black mold covering the shower, shower curtain and both the bathroom and kitchen sinks.  

Win some, lose some

came back to my dorm today after a week of spring break to find my roommate moved out.  Which means i have an entire room and bathroom to myself.  I also found black mold covering the shower, shower curtain and both the bathroom and kitchen sinks.  

Win some, lose some

i wonder if the two occurrences are related somehow

With high profiles gigs+titles like styling for Veilance, Missoni, serving as a style consultant (?) for Inventory, the man should be revered by all sufu posters.

anyway, this is so awesomely wrong on many levels that it's awesome

YdXpWsO.jpg

Edited by herpsky

Deux where u find the audacity 2 criticize an industry guy who's doin industry tings who's buyin shit at actual brick and mortar places when u like 19, live in the jungle and kop shit on Internet and Rakuten?

U ain't qualified to b the new guard

I'm definitely not criticizing his creative output whatsoever - his success in the industry is a testament to his ability as a stylist and I think a lot of the stuff he's done is fantastic, especially the styling jobs for Missoni. Besides, just because you're amazingly creative and a sucess in the industry, it doesn't necessarily translate into great personal style, picture related

anYF3HN.jpg

What I was saying is that he is, truly dressed by the internet. He obviously wears it better than a lot of other people copping for hype - he's attractive, he's got great hair + beard, and he's in good shape, of course clothes look good on him. But the reasoning behind a lot of his purchases seem pretty transaperent, because it's definitely internet-hyped pieces; wearing both Paul Harnden and Aitor Throup, good as they are individualy, doesn't seem to make that much sense in the context of someone's personal style, anymore than wearing Carol Christian Poell and Visvim. Either way, he's a knowledgable guy, and I certainly don't have any antipathy towards him, but since he was wearing Supreme-Dior-Vans, he's definitely been the high profile posterboy of being dressed by the internet.

That consumption argument is rubbish though. What, am I supposed to think Ron dresses well when he's wearing SLP head-to-toe just because he most likely bought it at full retail in a store?

e: not saying I'm the new guard, or that I'm more knowledgable/dress better than him, just pointing out the irony of what I thought was a pretty funny statement made by him.

Edited by Deux_Oiseaux

"The irony of seenmy complaining about other people being dressed by the internet is hilarious"

this was your statement. yeah you can try clarify all you want via another post, but imo youwere in fact being critical of a post he made. 

then u say some shit like:
"... the reasoning behind a lot of his purchases seem pretty transaperent, because it's definitely internet-hyped pieces"

i dont kno the guy personally, but i do recall that we had a conversation about vintage sneakers a longx2 time ago. this was prob around the time  you got yr first hard on. from what i know is that he knows his shit and is into different shit than he was years ago. MOST of us are.  yeah he might like different aesthetics and wear diff shit on diff days, but honestly who who gives a fuck? he's been around for a while now.  wisdom garnered thru experience.

he isn't some industry new jack or "fashion enthusiast", like you. and yeah that's fine and great that new kids are getting into shit, but what's annoying are the ones like you that try 2 come off like they on some shit or something. yr not saying anything profound, that i haven't heard or hasn't been posted on forums like sufu.

there is no consumption argument. some people are lucky, some aren't. seenmy obviously handles jawns live and goes to events, no? i'd say that makes it much easier to formulate a wardrobe that is at the very least more cohesive to a personal sense of style (don't know how u personally would define it).
fact that you pull out the ronnel pokemon is just so fuckin stupid. we're talkin about seenmy not some toy.

u goin on about personal style and shit. yo how would you define personal style? and yr own personal style? at 18 or 19 i really don't see how you could have developed a respectable or authentic one let alone a authentic personality (not generated by yr beloved media).  most everything you experience is 2nd hand via the internet, some of which i've personally experienced in life, some that'd i've already read/heard b4.  so quit yr bullshit rhetoric already

Edited by SSchadenfreude

i think it's interesting to take a step back and note how much the landscape has changed (and not changed) in the past 5 years since seenmy 's quoted post in 2009

or even 5 years before that... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=4WWu1kclNDA

It's playing live this week, and I'm pretty stoked that it finally got released.

:o

nice.  did u see the moebius bbc doc a while back?  jodorowsky up in that shit

Deux_Oiseaux, why don't you contribute more than your opinions (yeah we get it you hate Visvim) and your stock photos of your last purchases and actually post some wywts to show us how it's done. 

All I see is blah blah blah from you and little substance. So what if he grew out from Supreme+Dior+Vans, at least he's moved on from it, just like you're trying to move on by selling all your Undercover and Junya. Oh and Seenmy was starting to make waves in the fashion industry when you were growing your first pubic hair.

I'm definitely not criticizing his creative output whatsoever - his success in the industry is a testament to his ability as a stylist and I think a lot of the stuff he's done is fantastic, especially the styling jobs for Missoni. Besides, just because you're amazingly creative and a sucess in the industry, it doesn't necessarily translate into great personal style, picture related

anYF3HN.jpg

What I was saying is that he is, truly dressed by the internet. He obviously wears it better than a lot of other people copping for hype - he's attractive, he's got great hair + beard, and he's in good shape, of course clothes look good on him. But the reasoning behind a lot of his purchases seem pretty transaperent, because it's definitely internet-hyped pieces; wearing both Paul Harnden and Aitor Throup, good as they are individualy, doesn't seem to make that much sense in the context of someone's personal style, anymore than wearing Carol Christian Poell and Visvim. Either way, he's a knowledgable guy, and I certainly don't have any antipathy towards him, but since he was wearing Supreme-Dior-Vans, he's definitely been the high profile posterboy of being dressed by the internet.

That consumption argument is rubbish though. What, am I supposed to think Ron dresses well when he's wearing SLP head-to-toe just because he most likely bought it at full retail in a store?

e: not saying I'm the new guard, or that I'm more knowledgable/dress better than him, just pointing out the irony of what I thought was a pretty funny statement made by him.

it has nothing to do with consumption you mug

seenmy was working with aitor 5 years before he produced the first retail collection

deux oiseaux u constantly write well structured shit like a high school english student but are completely clueless about actual subject matter of the topic u grace with ur 5 paragraph essays=

i like seenmy because he has never really posted that much, but when he does he is v humble and still drops mad knowledge in his typical seenmy fashion (i.e. obscure, interesting facts with no punctation whatsoever and full of typos). yeah, he has gone from sup/dior/vans to vis/vis/vis to ccp/ccp/ccp but i remember my first fit on here being sup/nudies/nike so i don't really see the 'issue' - everyone's tastes change and in ten years he could be rocking gap/uniqlo/walmart and herding yaks in tibet. although there are tons of examples (inc on here - see the visvim, acronym or most superdenim threads) of dudes being 'dressed by the internet' he def isn't one.

also, deux is being kind of a smartass idiot regurgitating a bunch of shit that he doesn't really understand but i remember when i was 19 and thought i was god's gift to internet messageboards as well. i guess the difference was that i was posting on hc forums so i had dudes threatening to stomp my face in as opposed to not being invited to some shitty art exhibition. still, you gotta give him some small amount of 'credit' for having a fraction of a clue - when i was his age (i'm almost 27 now) my concept of 'fashion' was a chain of strength hoodie/bane shirt/camo cargo shorts/nike dunks. for real, if someone had said 'junya watanabe' to me i prob would have thought it was the host of iron chef.

as an egotistical kid its easy to fall into the 'i know everything' trap as lots of communities (esp sufu) encourage big egos and dick waving contests. when you're a teenager with an internet connection and an anonymous voice, you think you've got the biggest dick of all - however, you eventually come to realise that you're in the presence of anacondas. no homo.

Edited by conqueror