Miscellaneous Musings (Limited Edition)

some people just can't tell. I had a coworker who told me she had a man-crush on one of our colleagues who I thought was obviously gay (cos his is)

nothing to do with the way he dressed although he is the type that would call his SA at saks to hold a pair of Tods for him when his pair was missing from the gym.

but everything to do with mannerism, grooming and a bit of intuition ; )

I'm of the belief that everyone has something of value to share with others, like perhaps new insights into life can be gleamed through open interactions with anyone. I decided to test this belief one day by giving a middle aged man, who I presumed to be homeless, a ten dollar note, a cigarette and some of my time and curiosity. After a little idle chatter, he revealed his great disdain for the city I grew up in, despite him never having actually been there himself. I wanted to call him out for being narrow minded, but whatever, a sample size of one isn't very useful so I gave it another shot whilst travelling this year. This particular African-American male was shouting at me for/about something, so I sat down next to him to try and engage in polite conversation. It was awkward because he proceeded on a loud and long rant about how white people wronged his race. I thought about protracting the discussion, but ultimately decided that he was just too fanatical for my tastes. This was also in the middle of the day, with plenty of people around on the street, including families. It's probably fair to say this hasn't been the most successful experiment thus far...

I recuit quite a lot and have seen thousands of resumes. My best advice would be to list your achievements that are relevant and tailored to the job that you're applying for at the top of your resume. Don't waste space with lists of responsibilities, competences, etc. and sell your personable skills in a personal profile section.

Not sure if serious, but they look different enough to me. I read somewhere about facial recognition. You develop skills to distinguish at an early age, so in this case if you weren't exposed to Caucasians until a later stage in life than it becomes harder to tell them apart.

did anybody else here buy the black yang li suit from current season? i received mine, but it didn't come with the 'signature internal strap'. was the black one supposed to have it? the photos on ln-cc only show the burgundy one's strap, but the one i got has the tab w/ button that its supposed to fasten to on the inside of the jacket, just no actual strap.

realtalk: hippressurecooking.com changed my life. 

These recipes look great. Thank you for this.

In other news of people getting killed, a woman was found with multiple stab wounds on my school's property (away from the main campus, but still fairly close). She died in the hospital. Everyone is freaking out. :(

hey who cheated on who in superfuture?

i remember there being at least 3 hilarious drama encounters here, not counting masterchef12345 and djraijo or something