Miscellaneous Musings (Limited Edition)

i messaged paypal about that yesterday, they said it should work like it used to soon.

but in the meantime we could ask the receiver to send an invoice.

i just gave up though, i'll ask suto to send an invoice when they ask for final payments.

already lost the second item i was hoping to win.

dunno where to put this

there is a glitch on eBay that you can somewhat use to your benefit as a seller

the 10% final value fee you pay on the shipping cost is charged on the lowest shipping cost you have. i charge $50 for international but only have to pay $2.50 because I charge $25 for north america, even though the buyer is from Sweden

took a midterm today and couldnt find didnt know where the exponent key was on the ba-ii professional because there was no "^" sign and had to estimate half my answers,which are probably wrong. Just googled and turns it it's y^x on the ba-ii

I usually think this site's articles are whack but this article is fucking spot on. Fuck.
http://four-pins.com/style/menswear-ruining-sex-life/

the catcher in the rye was a good book

Edited by Thatboyo

i've been getting the same problems as the previous guys for sutocorp.

[email protected] isn't working, but if you send to [email protected] it'll go through.

(and if you used the latter before, use the former)

i just sent a large sum today and it went through. using [email protected] which i've always used

are you guys still having problems?

payment method: bank transfer

payment type: personal / gift / whatever they call it now

Edited by _ironman

i just sent a large sum today and it went through. using [email protected] which i've always used

are you guys still having problems?

payment method: bank transfer

payment type: personal / gift / whatever they call it now

really strange.

next lad order i'll report on what happens.

i've had to call/e-mail paypal because of the problems and they "resolve" it when i sent one payment.

but then when i send one a day after that phone call/email it acts up again.

Extreme attention to detail to almost a masochistic level. difficult production methods, dying, construction, materials, etc. lots of work researching fabrics, distressing methods, and finding the best manufacturers for each specific product. generally speaking there are a lot of shit items, but there are some seriously amazing pieces as well. I own a few items now and sometimes I wonder why even bother with half the shit on their items (like the hand wrapped pizi fabric on the heel of the brigadier boot) but then I realize visvim does crazy stuff like this all the time that very few can imitate or do better. Take the bandana items, yeah maybe a little dumb, but those vintage bandanas are pretty hard to come by at reasonable prices and in good condition. Imagine taking like 15-20 of them and sewing them together to make fabric, then using that fabric and hand-dyeing it in natural mud dyes to soften the color intensity. Then the fabric is sewn as a toplayer of a down jacket with the highest quality polish down only produced in very small batches. Yes in the end you have a Los Angeles death wish of a jacket, but the processes that went into the final product are pretty incredible. I highly suggest looking into the brand on your own accord, theres all kinds of interesting things, this is just a small example.

Edited by Fycus

But isn't there a disconnect between the method and the aesthetic? I mean, when you pick up a veilance piece or a boris bidjan piece, you can see where the effort went. The patterning is intricate, the textile is visually unique, and the method is a readily apparent function of the aesthetic. I have no doubt that inspected up close, visvim pieces are marvels of craftsmanship, but at arm's lenght their parodized heritage americana aesthetic does in no way reflect their elaborate manufacturing. Isn't visvim so far past the point of diminishing returns that it's appeal is approaching pure cognitive dissonance?

you can analyze and appreciate the construction and craftsmanship of any garment to any end

but in the end the garment is a product of whatever those means were and it just comes down to

"does it look cool as fuck?"

"does it feel cool as fuck?"

"do I feel cool as fuck wearing it?"

Extreme attention to detail to almost a masochistic level. difficult production methods, dying, construction, materials, etc. lots of work researching fabrics, distressing methods, and finding the best manufacturers for each specific product. generally speaking there are a lot of shit items, but there are some seriously amazing pieces as well. I own a few items now and sometimes I wonder why even bother with half the shit on their items (like the hand wrapped pizi fabric on the heel of the brigadier boot) but then I realize visvim does crazy stuff like this all the time that very few can imitate or do better. Take the bandana items, yeah maybe a little dumb, but those vintage bandanas are pretty hard to come by at reasonable prices and in good condition. Imagine taking like 15-20 of them and sewing them together to make fabric, then using that fabric and hand-dyeing it in natural mud dyes to soften the color intensity. Then the fabric is sewn as a toplayer of a down jacket with the highest quality polish down only produced in very small batches. Yes in the end you have a Los Angeles death wish of a jacket, but the processes that went into the final product are pretty incredible. I highly suggest looking into the brand on your own accord, theres all kinds of interesting things, this is just a small example.

remember when burying jeans in the dirt was a thing

remember when burying jeans in the dirt was a thing

no, but lol at this: http://denimhunters.com/blog/news/edwined55buried

Its not about burying items in dirt, its about using historically significant or unique dyes like mud that have been used for centuries before synthetics. They are tastefully done, and it isn't a matter of just burying the items underground after they are made. Considering how long these natural dyes were being used, its not a trend.