Miscellaneous Musings (Limited Edition)

^ I got to check out the FB campus today. Ate free carne asada tacos, played street fighter, drank a free redbull and generally used almost everything I could find, and nobody seemed to think twice about it. I coulda taken a dozen macbook chargers from the plethora of free electronics vending machines scattered around the place if I felt greedy, but didn't. Walked past Zuckerberg a couple times, dude casually nodded in acknowledgement as he walked by. Weird walking next to and getting a casual smile from a kid wearing some shitty jeans and a tee shirt worth 20 billion dollars. 

My girlfriend and I got kicked off the google campus for sneaking into a cafeteria.

Apple was much more accommodating when I visited a friend there earlier in the year and used their shit for the rest of the day. 

google's pretty anal about their campus when you visit. they make you print out these visitor name tags and basically you have to have your friend on a leash to show you around.

^ I got to check out the FB campus today. Ate free carne asada tacos, played street fighter, drank a free redbull and generally used almost everything I could find, and nobody seemed to think twice about it. I coulda taken a dozen macbook chargers from the plethora of free electronics vending machines scattered around the place if I felt greedy, but didn't. Walked past Zuckerberg a couple times, dude casually nodded in acknowledgement as he walked by. Weird walking next to and getting a casual smile from a kid wearing some shitty jeans and a tee shirt worth 20 billion dollars. 

Man, facebook employee parties are where it's at. If you ever get the chance to go to one, don't think twice about it. I went to some picnic bullshit with some friends and got fucked up for free and they gave me random free things. These new money start up dudes are where it's at right now if you can deal with pretension and their bullshit. Might have to jump from the stable corporate side of things to these fickle cash saturated start ups in hopes of cashing out. 

First things first, though: I gotta get a Tesla.

Yo, so that Hapsical fella (with those Raf de stijl joints) who everyone used to make fun of is now a senior fashion writer for Mr Porter...

http://www.mrporter.com/intl/journal.mrp?feature=journal_issue135feature4&pageField=Page%204

not just "now"... he's been in that role for probably 2+ years 

probably started when net-a-porter had first launched mr. porter

also... why does he look so sweaty in that video

i could swear that eBay final value fees were capped at $35 or $50 or something

i just checked and it's now capped at $250 wtf. so the only people who benefit from this are people selling items over worth over $2500. but even then not really cuz they'll still take 3.9% for PayPal fees

fuck eBay! north american yahoo auctions or amazon auctions needs to come back

I officially have 4 weeks left of university ever (for the time being anyway)! if I wasn't stuck in the 24 hour labs desperately trying to finish my thesis I think i would be more excited, but jesus 6 years later and I can't fucking wait to get out. 

Edited by jackg

can someone explain me why some users have like 3 millon rep points, old users i mean, is it because the userbase was much bigger before or some  bug fucked the system?

pretty sure a few years back it rep was based on how much rep the dude who repped you have.

So if someone like kiya with a shitload of reps rep you, you get a bunch but if someone with only like 50 reps give you a rep, it wont be as much or something along those lines

Edited by Thatboyo

I am a relic from an older age of rep points. I looked at it the other day and was like when did I get 100,000 rep...then was like wait, that's one million. It used to be weighted, so + or - would be stronger from users with higher rep. I think superdenim was the eventual breaking point of the system once they learned to jerk eachother off until they all had like 20,000,000+