Miscellaneous Musings (Limited Edition)

We just heard some guy in our place underneath us, told him to leave cause we were frightened. I felt bad immediately afterwards, but fucked if I'm helping some guy who's probably been trespassing in our place regularly.

Hopefully he wasn't the reincarnation of Jesus. Then we'd be screwed.

Just earlier, the family and I were sitting on the back balcony eating Christmas dinner when a homeless man, mumbling to himself, walked into our backyard. We told him to leave and he just stood holding his bags, looking up at us...

#firstworldwhitepeopleproblems

negged for not helping a homeless man on christmas

Cosigned.

My FB feed is literally stacked with "OMG COACH MICHAEL KORS UGGS OMG OMG OMG!!!"

Edited by OkayOkay

You can't pretend you wouldn't be slightly concerned to think an intruder might have been on your property numerous times.

Obviously that I'm sitting here arguing this shows i'm trying to justify my actions to myself, but if he had honest intentions he would've knocked on the front door, not crept in the back and tried to ignore us at first. He was more than sober enough to know what he was doing.

homeless guy was outside of dunkin donuts few weeks back, asking for change and shit. i told him i'd be back out in a second with something for him to eat (i don't exactly want to throw money at every obvious crackhead on the street). dude followed me into dunkin donuts on his wheelchair screaming "WAIT YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT I WANT!!" i told him "i was just going to get you what i'm getting myself, a bagel", to which he responds "OH FUCK NAW, get me a sausage egg and cheese on a croissant". i was like "i only have five bucks man i can't do that, a bagel isn't good enough?" and he responded with "i fuckin hate bagels" and then just wheeled his way outside again.

:huh:

It's okay. We're all terrible and scared of other people most of the time. I pass homeless people on the street every day, and 9 times out 10 I pretend not to see/hear them. That story that's been making the rounds about the NYC cop who bent down to talk to a man without shoes, then popped into a store to buy him a pair of boots, then helped him put them on? That story is only a story because no one ever does anything like that -- fair guess that includes any one of us criticizing you in this thread. And what does "it's Christmas" have to do with anything? If you're in for a penny, you're in for a pound (at least if you're throwing stones). Take the sentiment -- "negged for not helping a homeless man on Christmas" -- remove the last two words and see where we all stand.

And yet, when I saw your post, my first instinct was to jump in with some negative, judgmental shit, too. Why the fuck? I guess it would've distracted me for a few minutes from the fact that I, too, am the absolute, capital fucking worst.

+1121414132millonbillion

Reminds me of a similar argument I got into last year around Christmas with a friend in my car. I was driving and this homeless guy we see all the time at the same intersection everyday was asking for money.

When he got up to my car, I just shook my head and motioned with my hand to move along to the next car.

My friend says "you're not going to give him a dollar or something?"

I respond, "no, why should I?"

He says, "it's fucking Christmas, that's why."

"What the fuck that does have anything to do with it?"

For any of you guys that feel morally obligated to not deny homeless people during the holidays.. unless you feel the same way any day of the year, you're not a "nice guy" because you gave to the homeless on Christmas. You're just someone with guilt you can't handle. And good on the homeless to play you for your guilt.

negged for not helping a homeless man on christmas

Please do tell, what's the difference in not helping a homeless man on Christmas as opposed to not helping him out any other day of the year? (The answer is nothing).

To add to that, what have you done this Christmas and random days throughout the year to help the homeless?

i would have helped anyone who would have asked me for some help, homeless or not,

i'm not forcing anyone to help other people but it's just that you can be selfish the other 364 days when it's christmas

That last part doesn't answer my first question.

And that first part doesn't answer my last question.

chariy -- i go to temple U and i can honestly say the homeless around campus are some of the most abrasive i have ever come across in my entire life. i've seen one dude actually spit at a girl for not giving him a cigarette. they have some weird entitled attitude, like its somehow your fault they got hooked on drugs and threw their lives away. the contrast between the haves and the have-nots is so drastic in north philadelphia its almost surreal.

i have plenty of sympathy for those who are homeless due to mental illness (esp the obvious post traumatic stress affected veterans) and other circumstances outside of their control. that said, pity is a foul and ugly emotion so i try to nip that when i can. there are plenty of individuals in north philly who are just immoral and self-serving at heart. you hear the shit all the time, "any means necessary" like its some fucking mantra. their attitude just feeds back into the cycle of crime, poverty and desperation everyone is so quick to blame for everything. no accountability.

I feel the same way, as long as they're one to want help.

Most people don't realize that a lot of homeless guys that you see panhandling for money day in and day out aren't the ones that want help out of their situation. They usually want your money for drugs or alcohol. The ones that actually want help can get help from social services (queue bitchass Republicans here).

So boy better know (and anyone else that agrees with him), the next time you think you're such a good guy for wanting to throw a dollar at a homeless guy, rethink what you're doing and promoting. You ain't "helping" anyone but yourself out of some guilt you put on yourself. If you really want to help, go do something about it.

And before you try to come at my character for saying any of this, I'd like to inform you that my second job is working for a non-profit here in Philadelphia and I work directly with programs that help the homeless, mentally and physically disabled, recently released convicts, and others who can't take care of themselves.

chariy -- i go to temple U and i can honestly say the homeless around campus are some of the most abrasive i have ever come across in my entire life. i've seen one dude actually spit at a girl for not giving him a cigarette. they have some weird entitled attitude, like its somehow your fault they got hooked on drugs and threw their lives away. the contrast between the haves and the have-nots is so drastic in north philadelphia its almost surreal.

Yeah, I went to Temple too. A lot of the homeless guys are there are the biggest assholes you'll come across.

Please do tell, what's the difference in not helping a homeless man on Christmas as opposed to not helping him out any other day of the year? (The answer is nothing).

the answer is family, brother.

tila tequila illuminati

lol @ the youtube comments

"Sure her vocabulary isn't the greatest, but she is risking a lot doing this and I respect that a lot. Alex Jones is a coward and sold out to the Illuminati to save his own life. I used to consider him my only source.. Now I have Tila lol. Smyou can tell she's genuine about the whole ordeal"

"Everyone hating on Tila right now, you should be ashamed. Nobody has had the balls to tell the public about these kind of things and you should be grateful that she is risking her life to expose us to what is really going on. Thank you Tila."

ok yea summon the magical leather-skirted one-eyed rottweilers to attack her in her sleep how dare she expose the magic of the alleged elite group of pop stars with a fascination for triangles