Miscellaneous Musings (Limited Edition)

$1 per drink i buy. maybe +1 on the first or every other trip with the same bartender. but maybe -1 if i'm buying multiples or if they're ugly (7), but probably cap it at $5.

when i open a tab, i usually end up "losing" that card. ;)

how do you guys tip at bars?

if I know I am only getting one beer and then sitting at a table to eat, do you tip the bartender?

i usually just tip $2 after my second drink if i get the same bartender.

bartenders and wait staff live off of their tips. next time just wait by the hostess and don't waste the bartenders time or his/ her space at the bar. don't be a scumbag

sucks that one staff member makes a place looks like shit to you, but that's the only impression you have.

Last time I was in NYC, this angry black British man screamed at me and told me to get out of the shop. I can't remember the name of it... somewhere in the Village.

I went in there to try on some boots, and I was 2 steps in the door before he asked if I was actually gonna buy anything. When I said I'd like to try on a certain pair of boots, he screamed that I was wasting his time, and that I shouldn't come back until I had money to spend. Du was angry as fuck.

I then walked up the street to the creepiest pub I've ever been into. The dude waiting on us had on the most man jewelry I've ever seen as well as a tape deck belt buckle. There's no way I could eat at a place like that.

coolstorybro.jpg

Assume that the average full time college student in the U.S. requires a total of $10,500 per year to cover the costs of tutition, books and fees with a standard deviation of $1,300. If 50 full time students are randomly sampled in the U.S., what is the probability that their total annual costs for tutition, books and fees exceed $550,000? Round your answer to 4 decimal places. Remember to round your z-value to 2 decimal places.

To answer the question input only the actual number. Do not include units. Do not give your answer in sentence form -- just include the numerical answer rounded to exactly 4 decimal places.

Answer: ???

how the fuck do i do this and what is the answer

Assume that the average full time college student in the U.S. requires a total of $10,500 per year to cover the costs of tutition, books and fees with a standard deviation of $1,300. If 50 full time students are randomly sampled in the U.S., what is the probability that their total annual costs for tutition, books and fees exceed $550,000? Round your answer to 4 decimal places. Remember to round your z-value to 2 decimal places.

To answer the question input only the actual number. Do not include units. Do not give your answer in sentence form -- just include the numerical answer rounded to exactly 4 decimal places.

Answer: ???

how the fuck do i do this and what is the answer

Lol. Mean = 10,500, stdev = 1,300, n = 50.

Xbar = 550,000/50 = 11,000

P(Xbar > 11,000) = P[Z > (11,000-10,500) / (1300/sqrt(50)]

= P(Z > 500 / 183.8477631)

= P (Z > 2.71964166)

= 1 - P(Z < 2.71964166)

= 1 - P(Z < 2.72) = 1 - .9967

= .0033

I did it really quickly but I think that's right.

i was just offered to move in with 3 of my (female) friends

not sure if it's a good idea

i live with five girls (i'm a guy)

its whatever

except one has a fat crush on me and its awkward coz shes like my favorite one to hang out with but now i can't really.

other than that though no big issues. they're all more messy than me so that kind of sucks, but we have two bathrooms and its not a big deal.

Lol. Mean = 10,500, stdev = 1,300, n = 50.

Xbar = 550,000/50 = 11,000

P(Xbar > 11,000) = P[Z > (11,000-10,500) / (1300/sqrt(50)]

= P(Z > 500 / 183.8477631)

= P (Z > 2.71964166)

= 1 - P(Z < 2.71964166)

= 1 - P(Z < 2.72) = 1 - .9967

= .0033

I did it really quickly but I think that's right.

hey i told you to PM shufon :lol:

hope you got an A++

on another note, heard on the radio on the drive home that drake is complaining that people hating on his new album. da fuk??