Miscellaneous Musings (Limited Edition)

Is it just me, or does anyone else notice when people force/fake cough to attract attention to the mundaneness of it and thus makes their presence less awkward ex. someone walking alone next to a group of people.

I find KAG's do this to an annoying extent. They do some kind of nasty overly-guttural cough that they probably think is cute.

Really a half-formed random thought, but I'm almost positive there's something to it.

anyone here sweat a lot?

I am sick of people asking: "do you wear antiperspirant or just deodorant?"

Fuck if I am telling you I sweat profusely then assume I have tried out anti-fucking-perspirant.

Anyways. I can't tell if it is a psychological thing (I have anxiety a lot) or if it is worth looking into botox (to stop my pits from sweating). Anyone have it or know people that have it in their pits?

anyone here sweat a lot?

I am sick of people asking: "do you wear antiperspirant or just deodorant?"

Fuck if I am telling you I sweat profusely then assume I have tried out anti-fucking-perspirant.

Anyways. I can't tell if it is a psychological thing (I have anxiety a lot) or if it is worth looking into botox (to stop my pits from sweating). Anyone have it or know people that have it in their pits?

you probably have hyperhydrosis (wiki it) - its semi-common, even though alot of people have no idea they have it. i've had it since i was 15 or so, but thankfully it isn't as bad as it once was. you can get it pretty much everywhere, but my pits/feet have it the worst (especially in australian summer) with my hands slightly effected too.

with armpits, all you can do is trim the hair (use clippers, don't clean shave - zero hair is actually worse than long hair) and use driclor or a similar high-alu prescription roll-on at night. driclor actually fucks my skin up really bad (rashes etc), so i use maxim sensitive (ebay) which doesn't work quite as well but is at least tolerable. if you are anal about thinking alu causes alzheimers or whatever, then that's your problem.

'guards' for your shirts and stuff are useless, they just fall off or feel annoying. there is also pretty much no point in buying expensive tees (sorry raf) because they will get fucked up in no time.

you can get botox injections to 'freeze' the sweat glands (apparently this is one of the few medical procedures which is dramatically cheaper in the US than the rest of the world, inc australia), but they are said to only last 3-6 months at the max.

if you have it in places other than your armpits, there's nothing you can do - just gotta deal with it.

edit: there is actually one thing you can do, but it is an incredibly risky and invasive procedure. i forgot the name of it, but basically they make a large incision in your neck or chest and cut one of the sympathetic nerves which can cause sweating. its fucking heavy stuff, but some people have it so bad (their hands become so wet that they cannot write with a pen for example) that they have no other option.

thanks everyone.

I wish I knew the generally accepted position on the Alzheimer thing because it does kind of freak me out.

I'm going to get the trim game going on like most suggested and pick up some Mitchum as well. May as well try the cheaper avenues before thinking about armpit injections. And ya, the idea of getting them a couple times a year would suck.