Miscellaneous Musings (Limited Edition)

i got my wisdom teeth pulled. food tips?

steak

i did

dunno what all the drama was about

take an anti inflammatory before surgery and after

only two of mine were impacted though, the others were basic rip outs

wonder what i did with them

haha when i got mine out it was all 4 at once. they said not to smoke so i just put some plastic wrap over my gums when i smoked, or if i didnt have any i just put some water in my mouth and smoked through that (dry socket ha ha ha... yeah i know its from suction)

or maybe the plastic wrap was when i had to get stitches on my tongue.. fuck i dunno anymore

I got all 4 pulled at the same time. Didnt swell, stopped bleeding the first day, and didnt have any pain. I got knocked out. I dont even remember anything after falling asleep and the next thing I remembered was waking up in the car. Apparently I kept falling asleep while walking out of the doctor's office.

Tips:

Bring ice packs with you and ice your face ASAP. Like as soon as you get to the car.

If you have crazy non-stop bleeding, apparently putting tea bags on top of the incisions and keeping them there for a bit helps stop the bleeding. I didnt do this personally but a couple of my friends did.

I had 7 teeth out before they put my braces in during middle school. 5 in the first session (left side) and 2 in the next (right side). The shots don't actually hurt thaaaat much I guess, but they definitely freak me out more than needles anywhere else. I didn't go under for any of that though. I didn't need to as they were just normal teeth. They just numbed me up and yanked them out. I didn't get any dope painkillers either.

mostly it sucked not having any fucking teeth on the left side of my mouth for a while.

worst shot experience I can remember was when I broke my finger (playing basketball, dude swatted the ball into my finger as I was going for a shot and the upper bone split at the middle knuckle and went over the lower bone) and dude pumped in two shots of some shit that was supposed to numb my finger/hand up some (enough to where that knuckle was all full of liquid). Then, he immediately began manipulating my broken finger before it was really numb at all. That shit hurt. I ended up getting pins and codeine pills though.

I just remembered removing the pins was super weird. For some reason it doesn't hurt so they take pliers and pull them shits out. feeling is really strange though. Then, since my finger was stuck bent I had to use this weird contraption to straighten it out a few times a day. It still hurts really bad if I sleep on my finger weird or something.

broken bones in general really freak me out. I can't imagine breaking something big.

you're in berlin...

all the major european cities are within trainride distance

well while we're on the topic...

i've just returned from a ~2 week trip hitting up barcelona, milan, rome, venice and paris. now doing munich and vienna in a week.

fellow sufuturians: where else do i need to go? i'm in berlin til late december and trying to get the most out of my time in europe. i'm pretty set on doing prague and amsterdam sometime. anyone got good/alternative recommendations?

fang: you could go to copenhaguen and then stockholm too. see a bit of poland if you feel like it. czech republic is cool too. and england obviously. otherwise you already done quite a lot.

boy better know: yeah sure. berlin to paris in train is like what ... 14 hours or something. that's like a full day roundtrip. sounds like a good weekend plan.

fang

stockholm and northern sweden. never been to oslo or iceland but heard they're both amazing as well.

ditto slovenia, but more of a summer place.

spent a week and a half driving around sicily till our car broke down. that was pretty rad as well, weather was brilliant in march. don't know how it'd be now but sameish I assume?

fang if you want to see a bit more interesting cities than berlin or munich and you're into old architecture then i recommend you stop in würzburg or regensburg. both in bavaria and you could basically visit them on your way to munich (if you're taking the train).

würzburg has the residency with the largest fresco in the world and regensburg has the most beautiful city centre i have ever seen (unesco world heritage site)

whoever was talking about northern europa

iceland is incredible! the landscape is really different than anything I have seen before. The west coast of Norway is beautiful with all of the fjords and Stockholm is amazing. I found everything better in the summer but northern europe still has its' charm during the winter.