Miscellaneous Musings (Limited Edition)

o shit finally got a rice maker. so good. gimmie some recipes everybody

is it zojirushi? i've had good experiences with zojirushi

put steel cut oats in there. takes an hour or so to cook but it turns out perfect. i've also used it for wild rice and brown rice and its always great.

i don't have any recipes but i usually just get some veggies and beans at the farmer's market and throw it all together with whatever spices are appealing to me on a given day.

Big fan of prairie fires (tequila + tobasco) followed by an olive.

possibly better than the vodka pickle?

Pickleback can't be beat, esp because it doesn't involve eating anything -- I hate eating when my true aim is to do some hard drinking. Whiskey, preferably rye (pref. 100+ proof rye), followed by a shot of pickle juice. It's gotten popular over the last couple years (few shallow reasons being A. it sounds weird, B. it's very clearly 'Brooklyn' and has an origin story people can latch onto).

Ignore that. It's genuinely a good, sensible, delicious pairing that's more than the sum of its parts. The sting of the high-proof rye is muted by the pickle brine, letting the warmness/flavor of the rye come through instead.

Not only that, but the main components of any brine, aside from vinegar, are large concentrations of salt/sugar -- exactly what a night of drinking is depleting in your body. It's literally rejuvenating.

Posted · Hidden by High Monika, February 8, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by High Monika, February 8, 2012 - No reason given
vodka shot followed by dill pickle.

my life will never be the same

Pickleback can't be beat...

Ignore that. It's genuinely a good, sensible, delicious pairing that's more than the sum of its parts. The sting of the high-proof rye is muted by the pickle brine, letting the warmness/flavor of the rye come through instead.

Suzie, listen to this man. If you like whiskey at all, the pickle juice besides absolutely killing any burn, enhances the smokiness and flavor of the whiskey. I would really like to try a pickleback with a cheap scotch to see if the peat comes out.

SAY WORD. You guys got me and my girl smashed on that vodka/clamato, I've been fiending ever since.
I'll bring some Sunday, bru.

Save it for next time. Corned beef hash with bloody mary, or apparently, the clamato mix. I'll go buy more Korzo hot sauce because that shit is perfect in the mix.

this rules, glad you dig it.

You shut up skiniks

Under what circumstances do people wear bandanas around their necks in the general public.... and not at a Lil Wayne concert???

You look like an asshole and no one takes you seriously.

I'm not even gonna expand upon the sweet Bow & Arrow combo. Is that vintage Navajo bro?

\6164485489_3a39d501a4_b.jpg

usually most girls i have dated ended in heartbreak for one of us (mostly me, no homo) and i never want to see them again. however, when my last girlfriend and i broke up - i was bummed out for a bit, but i wasn't devastated. i got over it quickly and now i want to suggest a 'friends with benefits' deal - how do i approach this? its pretty sensitive because she had a really shitty childhood/past boyfriends and i know she still has feelings for me, but i do not want to go back to being in a relationship with her. i don't have a chance in hell, do i?