Miscellaneous Musings (Limited Edition)

:T downtown san jose is a shit hole anyway. might as well find a place outside the downtown area in a better location for a better price (just avoid east side!). i'm definitely gonna be a sucker though, playing hella for a place in berkeley way close to campus. good luck though! :)

life's good for you sam, that's nice to hear. i received an email yesterday saying i was on waiting list for a dorm room in sweden. i hope they get me a room soon i don't really want to go through the hassle of finding a place while being 2000km away.

I feel like I know this forum and it's structure / functionality pretty well, but for the life of me I still can't figure out the search function. Trying to find "the little things that annoy you" thread if it still exists. + rep for link or tutorial.

google.com

site:superfuture.com little things that annoy you

Kind of a long story, but whatever, wouldnt mind some advice.

I'm a freshman in college, 19 years old, hoping to get into Law School come the right time.

My uncle owns a law firm in the city, and in September, right around when school started he offered me a job there, just to get experience, so i'd stay busy, etc. It worked out well, and I liked the job at first, still don't really mind it.

It was even better given the fact that he said he would pay me $11 an hour, off the books. I mean it's not great, but for a freshman in college it's pretty good.

In any case, I scheduled all my classes for the evening, worked 40 hours a week, sometimes more, and still maintained an almost perfect GPA.

Flash forward a couple of months, and the job is really getting to me. I don't like it at all, and its affecting my life. In the mornings I can hardly get up to go to work, I have been calling out frequently. My uncle has had several talks with me about my attendance...

Fact of the matter is, I know in the long term, its best for me to keep this job, and not to burn bridges...but I cant cant do it. Its the summer, im 19 years old, but I wake up every morning to commute an hour and a half to a law office where everyone is 35+, I work 9-5, 5 days a week. I get home best case scenario at 6 30 -7 at night...

I know I sound like a spoiled brat, but it really isnt the case. Shouldnt I be enjoying myself, at this point in my life...?

I have an oppurtunity to go and work for a non profit organization, id be making $13 on the books, which would probably come out to around the same I make here. This non profit fits in line with my ideals, and I would like to work for them. Additionally, most people working there are my age, and have the same interests as me, it's also cool because the organization constantly goes on "travel trips" where they roadtrip for a couple of days doing work in other states, and just having fun.

I am severely contemplating switching over.

The cons are that i'm not sure I can maintain this job when I go back to school in the fall, at my uncles law firm hell be flexible with me, here they probably wouldnt work with me to that extent.

I also dont want to burn bridges with my uncle, because many a time he has insinuated that I could have a job when I graduate law school, even perhaps hell give me my own office...

Thoughts/opinions.

Excuse the harried, poor writing. Im on a phone.