Miscellaneous Musings (Limited Edition)

I've camped out all over the namib-naukluft park that photo was taken in, such a beautiful place and there are some of the only desert elephants in the world there too.

Friend woke up with a zebra licking his face one morning :D

Not really sure how to feel about this

tumblr_ll1hekAGFr1qelep0o1_500.jpg

i've slept with a 'fitness chick' with a really pronounced adonis belt, not as extreme as this. Its a little unsettling.

i've slept with a 'fitness chick' with a really pronounced adonis belt, not as extreme as this. Its a little unsettling.

pro tip – at that or even near that point most women stop menstruating.

need body fat for menstruation and hormonal fun ness. only girls i knew approaching that level of fitness were hot yoga instructors. tried hitting on one only to realize she had an 18 year old kid. :(

like, good quality? Most everything is built similarly well (with a few exceptions obviously), and there's so many options per manufacturer, as long as you can find a general theme or brand identity you can get behind, you'll probably find a style that fits your face. I make my a chunk of my living in this field, so I can at least help you with materials, lens size / make, pricing, etc if you want.

ahem.

LESS THAN A DAY UNTIL

I AM FREEEEEEEEEE

> hello, portland, san diego, the philippines, thailand and san franciscooooo

> hello eatign a shitload of good food

> hello old friends

> hello hangovers

> hello THE BEST SUMMER EVER

i volunteer at my old elementary school on wednesdays. i was there yesterday, and i get assigned to this one 4th grade kid. smart kid, but is too easily distracted.

i start off strict and stern with him. i get his assignments from his teacher (who used to be my teacher) and we work alone in the science lab. he does all his work and understands everything.

throughout this, we get to talking. he asks me a bunch of questions, and i correct him when he asks "can i ask you a question?" i tell him never to ask that question. he takes it to heart. i teach him a whole bunch of lessons like this (e.g. keep eye contact, speak loudly and confidently, etc.).

he starts recounting the story of how his dad, after coming home from the bar, beat his mom. as this is happening, the kid, who was 7yo at the time, was told by his mother to call the police. police comes, arrests his dad, and he's deported back to DR. the kid only gets to visit his dad once a year. as i'm listening, i can't help but wonder how the fuck this kid speaks so candidly and nonchalantly about violence at home. i shake my head, refusing to believe that this 10yo kid has witnessed all of this.

he tells me his dad is building a home there for him and his little brothers. he reminds me that his dad is living the life in DR; money, cars, the whole nine yards, in contrast to his mom, who's a struggling single mother working as a paralegal. apparently, dad truly regrets what he did. kid ends it all with "my dad has everything he needs; all he's missing is his kids."

i sit there silently for 10 minutes trying to understand all of this. i didn't see him leave the room, and as i'm about to go look for him, he comes back with two tangerines and a few macaroons that he got from his lunch bag.

with a huge grin on his face, he offers me some of his food. we eat and i play some wiz off my ipod for him. as he's ripping apart his tangerine, he nods his head to wiz's "the race." as i'm trying to process this whole thing, he comments "you have cool hair. i want to be just like you when i grow up."

BIG BROTHER'S GAZE CROSSES THE OCEAN

"Tague came to the attention of police acting under Strikeforce Polmont, which had been monitoring Tague after he was noticed buying scientific glassware from overseas."